The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: 50fiftyball on December 15, 2015, 02:30:06 PM
UFC 200 - I see that's noted down on UFC official website for Saturday July 9 in Las Vegas.

Do the UFC have this penned down as a big landmark event or do these numbers of their events mean nothing i.e. is 197 etc just as big?

Would consider booking flights shortly it if there was a good chance McGregor etc would be at it!

Think they're making a big enough deal of it Rousey Holm rematch is on then AFAIK... talk of McGregor fighting then as well but nothing even close to confirmed I think they need word back on an injured wrist after the Aldo punch.

dec

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

give her dixie

Quote from: dec on December 15, 2015, 02:54:01 PM

Before coming to Ireland, Ali wanted to meet Bernadette McAliskey. A boxing club in Dublin got in contact
with Clonoe boxing club, and a friend of my fathers took Bernadette to meet Ali in Dublin when he was here.

The civil rights movement here resonated with him and what was going on in the US at the time.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

DennistheMenace

Fully expect McGregor to fight either Edgar or Cowboy. Personally i think Edgar at 145 gives him a much tougher fight.

As for the Aldo fight, it just shows what a good striker McGregor is. Aldo was the P4P best fighter in the business, the equivilent of Mayweather without the excitment and ago. In many ways I feel sorry for Aldo as there is no way he's getting a rematch, cash is king and the public are fatigued of Aldo v McGregor hype with well over a year of build up.

The Iceman

ufc 200 will be huge - rousey holm will just be one of the marquee fights - they went big for ufc 100 and Dana will want to do more.
I would book tickets if you're hoping for a big event - no guarantee thought that McGregor will definitely be on the card.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dec

UFC 200 Headliners Announced: McGregor Vs ISIS

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/12/14/ufc-200-headliners-announced-mcgregor-vs-isis/

THE UFC hasn't waited long in announcing the follow up to Conor McGregor's astonishing knockout of Jose Aldo, and the announcement brings an end to years of speculation.

"We've seen what Conor can do, and this was a fight we were always looking into, it was just a case of schedules lining up right together," UFC CEO Dana White said, confirming that Notorious would face up against Caliphate enthusiasts ISIS.

"They're pound for pound the best terrorist group operating in the world today, but they haven't seen what Conor's left hook can do. We're excited, the box office will undoubtedly be a new record," White added, before taking time out to drool on the amount of money the bout would make the UFC.

While this will be the first UFC bout to feature a terrorist organisation, rumours in MMA circles suggest the negotiations on the finer details of the fight and training camps were relatively hassle free and UFC 200's main event has been among the easiest to negotiate.

"As far as training camps go, ISIS says they're already operating several, they were desperate for the MGM Grand as it has always been a dream of theirs to fight in the US, but we're going to the neutral ground of Switzerland," White confirmed.

With the fight just freshly announced early bookie odds are making McGregor the overwhelming favourite at 1/300.

Club Rossa

Last night's main event lasted slightly longer than last week's!

Gabriel_Hurl

McGregor vs Dos Anjos for the 155lb title happening on March 5th at UFC197. Co-main event with Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 08, 2016, 03:50:54 AM
McGregor vs Dos Anjos for the 155lb title happening on March 5th at UFC197. Co-main event with Holly Holm vs Meisha Tate

This is set?

gawa316

What's the general price of a ticket to a UFC event? Are McGregors fights more expensive?

Gabriel_Hurl

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Diaz to step in possibly or whole thing off?

The Gs Man

Cerrone possibly.

Absolutely gutted at this though.
Keep 'er lit