Leicester
Notts Forest
Other than above
Scunthorpe Utd
Do not follow or Care!

From the Bunker

Any new entrants who wnat to vote?

supersub

liverpool since 95 or there abouts, start of "god's" career! goal machine was young fowler!

ONeill

Quote from: supersub on October 13, 2008, 12:06:08 AM
liverpool since 95 or there abouts, start of "god's" career! goal machine was young fowler!

Yeah, his medal haul is amazing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

supersub

never metioned anything about his medal haul. goal machine is what i said. thats what strikers do! don't see shearer with a whole lot of medals but he was one of the best!

ONeill

Shearer won the title. Single-handedly almost.

supersub

yes, once and that doesnt stop fowler bein a goal machine! thats all i said originally! and shearer was a comparison because he didnt win a lot the same as fowler!

ONeill

Can't be sure, but I think the great strikers hit more than a goal every 2 games for their major clubs. Rush, Henry, Shearer, Bull, Wright, Owen etc. I think Fowler fell way short of that. His God tag was a bit misleading.

supersub

well like in his first six seasons with liverpool he did score an average of a goal every two games or more! it was the last 3 seasons that were more dissapointing. he did end up with sumthin like 190 goals in just over 400 appearances, wasnt that far off. i agree he went down hill towards the end of the liverpool career. and he was the second faster player in liverpools history to score 100 goals, only hunt was quicker. one game quicker than rush.

Aerlik

I keep an eye out for Stenhousemuir and Stranraer.  Dunno why the former but used to watch the latter when I had time waiting for the ferry.

Ipswich Town since 1976

Jubilo Iwata and Nagoya Grampus in the J-League.  Used to live close to both clubs.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

mylestheslasher

Couldn't give one rats arse about any english football club and to be honest have I have no understanding of how any irish person does!

J70

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 13, 2008, 02:04:02 PM
Couldn't give one rats arse about any english football club and to be honest have I have no understanding of how any irish person does!

Its hardly just an Irish trait. People all over the world follow English soccer, along with the Spanish and Italian leagues and the Champions League. Similarly for multiple other sports. English soccer is a part of Irish culture and has been for many years.

supersub

some people are very narrow minded!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: supersub on October 13, 2008, 03:09:35 PM

Your right. I will, with immediate effect, begin to support an English team. Let me see... How about Middlesborough. Now are there any of you f*cking Sunderland ba*tards on here, I hate you - burn in hell. And Newcastle too. Black and white ba*tards. Boro till th day I die.......

rosnarun

Quote from: supersub on October 13, 2008, 03:09:35 PM

Amazing alright what kind of people that pop up on a Gaaboard
Of course they are all pretending that Hull V Stoke isnt the most important sporting event in Ireland ever , Its as though they dont care about a shower of eastern euopeans and Francophile africans who are Trafficked  to kick a ball around dreary english towns
Wankers
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

From the Bunker

Thought i'd pull this from obscurity! Anyway, any Sunder-Ireland supporters left now that savour Roy has departed? Any new top of the table Liverpool Supporters?