Quote from: boojangles on January 08, 2009, 11:11:09 PM
Arsenal  10 (5.5%)
Aston Villa  6 (3.3%)
Chelsea  2 (1.1%)
Everton  6 (3.3%)
Somebodys taking the f**king piss man.

Why what's wrong with the above?

Tankie

Out of 180 posters only 13 posters say that they do not support and English soccer team and this is the board that call the Dublin supports nothing but premiership fans with nothing to do in the summer.

Good one boys, nothing better than supporting and English soccer team to show your Irishness  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on January 08, 2009, 11:58:05 PM
Out of 180 posters only 13 posters say that they do not support and English soccer team and this is the board that call the Dublin supports nothing but premiership fans with nothing to do in the summer.

Good one boys, nothing better than supporting and English soccer team to show your Irishness  ;)
Have 167 picked a team then?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 09, 2009, 12:02:10 AM
Quote from: Tankie on January 08, 2009, 11:58:05 PM

Have 167 picked a team then?

168 now
Grand Slam Saturday!

RedandGreenSniper

Maybe they saw the thread title and gave it a miss??

Anyway I've followed soccer for years but its a distant second to GAA. Supporting Man United since 1989, when I was seven. All my mates were supporting Liverpool but I decided against that (phew) mainly because of Mark Hughes. He's one of these guys that's always entertaining to watch.

But the fact that whatever soccer club we support is based on some decision, often irrational, that we make as children, is why GAA will always hold a stronger appeal for me. Were there any other decisions you made before you turned 10 that would have such a consequence on your life?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Aerlik

My first memories are of Celtic and Jimmy Johnstone in particular then Man.Utd and Georgie B.  There followed a short stint as a Spurs fan cos of Pat Jennings and switched over to West Ham after they beat Fulham in the 1975 FA Cup final.  Dithered a bit until my epiphany on a cold,wet Saturday night in 1977 when Ipswich Town walloped WBA 7-0 and have stuck with the blues ever since.  Ahhhhh, the glory years (1978-1981)....ohhhh the painful years (every year thereafter practically).

I went to uni in Preston so keep an eye out for them as I used to watch them in Div.4 take on the might of York, Darlington and Scunthorpe.  God that was eyeball-gouging stuff then.

Someone mentioned a lack of Blackburn fans.  Well, if it wasn't for Jack Walker and his squillions of squids that club would still be even more mediocre than they currently are.  Some Preston fans went across and started following the Rovers and how they got sh*t for it.  A former work colleague and her man were/are season ticket holders and when he couldn't go, I'd go to watch them.  Not overly impressed with them then as now.  I did see them beat Man U., Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal and a few others.

I keep an eye out for Nagoya Grampus and Jubilo Iwata in the J-League having been a regular attender at their games while living in Japan (often met Stoikovic in Nagoya - top lad), and go to Perth Glory games.  The Shed is some craic.  The only place I've ever seen Celtic and Rangers fans, Spurs and Millwall fans, Man C and Man U fans all stand together with their club tops on and roar for the same team.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Canalman

From the Bunker

Tankie

Ah the I Love Britain thread is back i see......  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Medic

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 26, 2006, 04:52:47 AM
Apologies to clubs left out......I am not a Man u fan but expect them to get as many votes as all the rest of the clubs put together.
so happy to see liverpool leading in this poll thus far at least!! i must admit that was a bit of a shocker but let's hope it stays that way!!
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Farrandeelin

Lately I've been keeping an eye on the fortunes of Albion Rovers.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stiffler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 05, 2009, 09:01:23 PM

Their scottish
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Farrandeelin

Quote from: stiffler on March 05, 2009, 09:08:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 05, 2009, 09:01:23 PM

Their scottish

Yea, I know, but it's just a phase as they'e my 2nd favourite team. Their name alone stands out!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

David McKeown

Im a Gillingham fan and would go to a fair few of their games although I havent made it the last couple of years.  23 goals in the last three of their matches Ive been at, you just dont get that in the premiership
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner