PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

SHEEDY

Quote from: gallsman on December 30, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
Lewis hitting D16 every time
except when it mattered to win the 3rd set. Lewis starting to miss a few doubles now.
nil satis nisi optimum

Maiden1

Quote from: gallsman on December 30, 2017, 08:07:04 PM
Nice start from Lewis after losing the first two legs. Strange from Taylor not to go back to the 20 to leave him a shot at 170 and gave Lewis six darts to get out from 65.

That's twice now Taylor has not left 170 when he could have when the other guy on an out.  That time 232 left.  He missed the first dart and was 212 could have went for bull.  If he gets it he is on 162 with a dart left and guaranteed a finish if he misses and gets 25 he is on 187 and can go for treble 20 or treble 17 with last dart and guaranteed on an out.  John Part was saying that.  I guess Phil knows what he is doing :)
There are no proofs, only opinions.

gallsman

Lewis has had plenty of chances here and could have been up 4-0.

Taylor being his usual prat with his theatrics and gesticulations on stage.

Captain Obvious

Young Lewis lad wasn't able to take any pressure shots all night. Taylor into the final on his last ever World championship almost like it was written in the stars for him.

bennydorano

Hope MVG makes it to the final (defo not a gimme), he will do all in his power to thrash Taylor in his last game, now that would be a fitting exit.

Boycey

Quote from: bennydorano on December 30, 2017, 09:43:07 PM
Hope MVG makes it to the final (defo not a gimme), he will do all in his power to thrash Taylor in his last game, now that would be a fitting exit.

Aye his whole career will count for nothing if that happens  :D

It'll bookend it nicely if it happens, I think Priestley stuffed him 6-0 or 6-1 in one of his 1st finals

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on December 30, 2017, 09:43:07 PM

The most enjoyable 7-0 drubbing you'll ever see in darts, hopefully.

longballin

Loving the hatred for Taylor here... whatever happens he's a legend. 16 World titles...  Bristow got same hatred but turned out he was sound

bennydorano

Love Bristow, bought his Autobiography, it's funny but shit, after a while you just think it's one spoof after another.

Cross is a smug looking git.

Boycey

Quote from: bennydorano on December 30, 2017, 10:22:11 PM
Love Bristow, bought his Autobiography, it's funny but shit, after a while you just think it's one spoof after another.

Funny Bristow was one of my serious childhood heroes, I ran into him in Dublin Airport 10 or so years ago and he couldn't have been more obnoxious had he tried.. they say you should never meet ur heroes.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on December 30, 2017, 10:51:39 PM

Funny Bristow was one of my serious childhood heroes, I ran into him in Dublin Airport 10 or so years ago and he couldn't have been more obnoxious had he tried.. they say you should never meet ur heroes.

Funny that Taylor's darting father was a bit of a git in your opinion.

bennydorano

Maiden1

Quote from: Boycey on December 30, 2017, 10:51:39 PM

Bristow needed someone to practice with back in the day.  Phil Taylor who was working in a ceramic factory at the time said he would do it.  Taylor went on to beat him in world final in 1990.  Bristows dad after the match 'never teach a man how to do your job!'

There are no proofs, only opinions.

bennydorano

Some leg there by MVG, cud be the turning point.