McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Monaghan 1-12  Cavan 1-13

Full Time

Fuzzman

Sounds like a good performance from Penfold and Big Sean. Wonder how the defence played?
Do I detect already a hunger among some of the older heads.
Did any of the new lads play well?

Can we watch highlights of this game later anywhere online or on TG4

Orior

Quote from: Bluebell on January 26, 2011, 09:04:45 PM
Armagh beat at home for the second week running from what i've heard!

Thankfully I'd already reset my ambitions to rock bottom.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 26, 2011, 09:09:23 PM
Sounds like a good performance from Penfold and Big Sean. Wonder how the defence played?
Do I detect already a hunger among some of the older heads.
Did any of the new lads play well?

Can we watch highlights of this game later anywhere online or on TG4

Keep O'Neill wrapped in cotton wool til the warmer weather I say.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Harold Disgracey

St Mary's winning 1-16 to 2-7 in injury time I hear.

ONeill

From teamtalk:

Tyrone won in the end 2-11 to 11 points with Ciaran Girvan slotting home a goal five minutes into the second half. Marty Penrose and Brian Mc Guigan were the pick of the forwards while Ciaran Girvan battled gamely throughout. Defensively Cathal Mc Carron was outstanding and Tyrone can now look forward to their final group game on Saturday night against UUJ. That game is in Omagh at 7:30 and, broadband permitting, we will bring you live updates.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

beer baron

Quote from: Bluebell on January 26, 2011, 09:10:57 PM
No highlights are available of the McKenna cup matches on TG4. Cavan look like the team to be in the semi finals as fourth placed team.

Have Donegal another game to play?

drici

beer baron

bigfrank

WTF where armagh at 2nite??? First time St Marys ever beat a county team in the Dr Mc Kenna Cup...correct me if im wrong??? Mc Keever is paper talkin about turnin athletic grounds into a fortress....brutal stuff!!!

Puckoon

Quote from: bigfrank on January 26, 2011, 09:29:44 PM
Mc Keever is paper talkin about turnin athletic grounds into a fortress....brutal stuff!!!

I thought we'd left those times behind.

Good result for Tyrone tonight - be great to see penrose become a lethal finisher.

Maguire01

Quote from: bigfrank on January 26, 2011, 09:29:44 PM
WTF where armagh at 2nite??? First time St Marys ever beat a county team in the Dr Mc Kenna Cup...correct me if im wrong??? Mc Keever is paper talkin about turnin athletic grounds into a fortress....brutal stuff!!!
You're wrong. Cavan in 2010 Monaghan in 2009 and 2004.
Also drew with Armagh in 2008 and Fermanagh in 2007.

armaghniac

QuoteAlso drew with Armagh in 2008

That's all right then. If they drew in 2008 and we won Ulster then we'll probably win the All Ireland now that they have beaten us.  :P
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Armagh were laughably bad.  There probably wouldn't have been a big difference in clean catches taken by both teams in MF, but Armagh just appeared to be wiped out in the MF sector, I fail to remember us winning a single break ball.  Again you could have driven a bus down through the centre of the defence, big a fan and all as I am of Dyas CHB is not his position,  Paul Duffy is a classy article but not too fond of the defending.  No leadership on the field, no organisation or leadership from the sidelines either.  It really did smack of boys being thrown in and us hoping for the best, no semblence of tactics, bar the backs bombimg forward.

Nippy Swift scored 2-1 cleanly fielded 90% of ball that went near him and was criminally underused, the rest of the forwards are barely worthy of mention.  Grugan was quiet but I'm sure he's done more than enough to make POR think about starting him v the Dubs.

The Dubs in just over a week looks very worrying, dont know were the fitness is going to suddenly appear from as for the 2nd game in a row we looked dead with 15 to go, the 'experienced' players are going to get their first game of the year against the Dubs - unless there's been something magical going on in training I dont see how are they going to be up to speed for a high-intensity big crowd/TV game.

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: bennydorano on January 26, 2011, 10:26:30 PM
Armagh were laughably bad.  There probably wouldn't have been a big difference in clean catches taken by both teams in MF, but Armagh just appeared to be wiped out in the MF sector, I fail to remember us winning a single break ball.  Again you could have driven a bus down through the centre of the defence, big a fan and all as I am of Dyas CHB is not his position,  Paul Duffy is a classy article but not too fond of the defending.  No leadership on the field, no organisation or leadership from the sidelines either.  It really did smack of boys being thrown in and us hoping for the best, no semblence of tactics, bar the backs bombimg forward.

Nippy Swift scored 2-1 cleanly fielded 90% of ball that went near him and was criminally underused, the rest of the forwards are barely worthy of mention.  Grugan was quiet but I'm sure he's done more than enough to make POR think about starting him v the Dubs.

The Dubs in just over a week looks very worrying, dont know were the fitness is going to suddenly appear from as for the 2nd game in a row we looked dead with 15 to go, the 'experienced' players are going to get their first game of the year against the Dubs - unless there's been something magical going on in training I dont see how are they going to be up to speed for a high-intensity big crowd/TV game.

Our line is tactically inept. absolutely woeful.

who will come in for dublin? McKeever, Donaghy, moriarty, mallon... ? are some of them injured?