McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Cavan panel announced

New Cavan managers Val Andrews and Terry Hyland have revealed their panel for the upcoming Dr McKenna Cup.

The panel contains a large number of the 2010 squad with a number of newcomers also included.

Cavan panel for Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup: James Reilly, Fintan Reilly, Anton O'Reilly, Alan Clarke, Pauric Cahill, Damien O'Reilly, John McCutcheon, Sean McCormack, Ciaran Galligan, Eoin McGuigan, Ronan O'Flanagan, Mark McKeever, Michael Brennan, Sean Johnston, Thomas Corr, Dane O'Dowd, Stephen Jordan, Ray Cullivan, Lorcan Mulvey, Keith Fannin, Paddy Gumley, Padraig O'Reilly, Ronan Reilly, Gerard Pierson, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Niall O'Reilly.

Gael85

McGuinness looks to youth

Donegal manager Jimmy McGuinness has unsurprisingly included a number of this year's under-21 squad in his panel for the 2011 senior campaign.

In total, eight new players have been drafted in to the squad as Donegal begin their season in the McKenna Cup, which is only a few weeks away now.

Six of the eight were members of the under-21 side, while Naomh Conaill pair Johnny Bonner and Marty Boyle were also included.

The full Dr. McKenna Cup panel is: Paul Durcan, Peter Boyle, Karl Lacey, Neil McGee, Barry Dunnion, Johnny Bonner, Tomas McKinley,Edward Kelly, Neil Gallagher, Rory Kavanagh, Christopher Murrin, Dermot Molloy, Michael Hegarty, Colm McFadden, Daniel McLaughlin, Marty Boyle, David Walsh, Adrian Hanlon, Michael Murphy, Paddy McGrath, Kevin Mulhern, Leo McLoone, Ryan Bradley, Kevin Cassidy, Frank McGlynn, Antoin McFadden.

never kickt a ball

An Cabhán

1 Seamus Ó Raghallaigh  James Reilly  An Drong
2 Fintaín Ó Raghallaigh  Fintan Reilly  Cnoc Rua
3 Antoin Ó Raghallaigh  Anton O'Reilly  Reamór Aonthainthe
4 Alan Ó Cléirigh   Alan Clarke  Dún a Rí
5 Padraigh Mac Cathail  Pauric Cahill  Coill na Gearraí
6 Damien Ó Raghallaigh  Damien O'Reilly  Béal Tairbeirt
7 Séan Mac Úistín   John McCutcheon  An Muinchille
8 Séan Mac Cormac  Sean Mc Cormack Beal Atha hÉis
9 Ciarán O Gealagáin  Ciaran Galligan  An Drong
10 Eoin Mac Úighin  Eoin Mc Guigan  Béal Tairbeirt
11 Ronan O Flanagan  Ronan Flanagan  Caislean Reathain
12 Marcus Mac Íomhair  Mark Mc Keever Loch Gamhna
13 Micheal O Braoininn  Michael Brennan Drum an Laoigh
14 Sean Mac Seáin   Sean Johnston   Gael an Chabhain
15 Thómas O Corra  Thomas Corr  An Dinn
16 Dane Ó Duada   Dane O'Dowd  Droim Leathan
17 Stiofan Mac Shiúrtáin  Stephen Jordan  An Leamhí
18 Reamann Mac Conluain  Ray Cullivan  Beal Atha hÉis
19 Lorcan Ó Maoilmhiaigh  Lorcan Mulvey  Droichead an Bhuitlearaigh
20 Ceith Ó Fannin   Keith Fannin  Druim Dhuin Éire Óg
21 Padraigh Ó Gumley  Paddy Gumley  Cnoc Rua
22 Padraigh Ó Raghallaigh  Padraig O'Reilly  Beal Átha na nÉach
23 Ronan O Raghallaigh  Ronan Reilly  Béal Átha Conaill
24 Géaróid Mac Piarais  Gerard Pierson  Loch Gamhna
25 Brendán Mac Giolla Phádraigh Brendan Fitzpatrick Béal Tairbeirt
26 Niall Ó Raghallaigh  Niall O'Reilly  Beal Átha na nÉach

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=139957

omagh_gael

Very little chat here about the weekends games. Anyone going to the Tyrone and Donegal game?

Tyrone Dreamer

Hope to go if it goes ahead (early talk of snow for Friday/Saturday). These two normally serve up decent games in the McKenna Cup - was a real good game in Ballybofey on a Wednesday night last year.

You'd imagine Harte will name some sort of team tomorrow. Based on the panel it should be strong enough. Looking forward to seeing Cassidy and McCaul back in the McKenna Cup. Also to seeing how Coney and McNabb are developing. Will also be interesting to see what sort of shape the older players are in.

Joxer

See the Ulster GAA have announced Admission Prices for the McKenna Cup

10 Euros/9 Sterling
5 Pound/Euro for OAPS - Students

Steep!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Joxer on January 06, 2011, 03:45:16 PM

10 Euros/9 Sterling

Steep!

It really is a joke. Surely they should provide an incentive to get the crowds in for these games. A fiver for an adult and £3 for student/OAP entrance would have much more appeal to the average joe after an expensive Christmas.

How much is entry for O'Byrne etc?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Joxer on January 06, 2011, 03:45:16 PM

10 Euros/9 Sterling

Steep!
They will be clapping themselves on the back for this one - they have never offered a student rate before to my memory...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Banana Man

the down game in croker against dublin in the national league is €45!!! and they are saying it's great value for money as it's a double header, i couldn't see too many down men heading to that at those prices with half the county out of work and diesel at £1.33 per litre, they have lost the run of themselves

fitzroyalty

€45, that is ridiculous. Think the only league game I'll make an effort to see is Armagh v Down, saying Athletic Grounds don't seem to be finished any time soon.

Donnellys Hollow

It's not €45 for an individual game. That price is a package deal for all of the Dublin league double headers in Croke Park which seems like a decent enough price to me.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Banana Man

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 06, 2011, 04:48:38 PM
It's not €45 for an individual game. That price is a package deal for all of the Dublin league double headers in Croke Park which seems like a decent enough price to me.

oh is it, i must have picked it up wrong, i just scanned over the article on hoganstand.

Tell me this then, as I am  down fan i don't care about dublin's other 3 league gams, what price is each individual game, i don't think it gave the price for that...

laoisgaa

Under 16 entry to all McKenna Cup matches will be free of Charge. Supporters with a disability will also receive free entry to the games and are asked to apply to their county committee for access. UlsterGAA are also introducing a student concession rate in 2011-a valid indate student card must be shown at stiles for this to be applicable

Prices for 2011 - General: €10/£9; Concession: €5/ £5 (students and OAPs)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Banana Man on January 06, 2011, 04:51:40 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 06, 2011, 04:48:38 PM

oh is it, i must have picked it up wrong, i just scanned over the article on hoganstand.

Tell me this then, as I am  down fan i don't care about dublin's other 3 league gams, what price is each individual game, i don't think it gave the price for that...

I don't think individual prices have been released yet. I'd anticipate something in the region of €15 - €20. Probably the latter considering it's a double header.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Family guy

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 17, 2010, 02:10:54 AM
O'Rourke opts for experience

16 December 2010

Armagh manager Paddy O'Rourke has named an experienced squad for the McKenna Cup, insisting that he cannot afford the luxury of experimenting with young talent.
With a tough National League Division 1 campaign to come in the springtime, O'Rourke wants to have a settled team in place, although he will have to plan without members of Crossmaglen's Ulster club championship winning team for the first few rounds at least.
"I am very conscious of the first round of the National League on February 5. I don't care whether you are an experienced player or not, everybody needs game-time," he said in The Irish News.
"We need to get our players ready for that and that is what we are using the McKenna Cup for. We want everyone in the panel to get at least two games so that no-one is going into the National League feeling ring-rusty."
Goalkeeper Paul Hearty is the only Crossmaglen player named in O'Rourke's squad, while 2009 All-Ireland minor winner Rory Grugan will have the chance to impress. Ronan Clarke is included after an injury-wreaked 2010, as is Ryan Henderson, who has been playing for Belfast Celtic in the Irish League of late.

Armagh (McKenna Cup squad): C Clarke, R Clarke, K Dyas, A Duffy, P Duffy, J Feeney, R Grugan, P Hearty, R Henderson, J Lavery, S McDonnell, P McEvoy, C McKeever, D McKenna, G McParland, M Mackin, A Mallon, B Mallon, V Martin, F Moriarty, G O'Neill, M O'Rourke, G Swift, K Toner, C Vernon, C Watters.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Armagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=139731

Talk of johnny murtagh from cross being added to his since returning home from the states early this week?