McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Trevor Hill on January 05, 2010, 07:29:30 PM
I ll wait to Saturday to book anything, cant imagine that hotels will be that full this weekend so I am really only looking for a recommendation. Have stayed in too many flea pits over the years.
I doubt this game will actually go ahead this weekend, but if it does we`ll be there.

I stayed in this B&B for the weekend. Really sound owner and located in Bogside so only short walk to city ctr. Nice rooms and I think the price was good...

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g186482-d550206-Reviews-Abbey_Bed_and_Breakfast-Derry_County_Londonderry_Northern_Ireland.html

ArmaghGAAforum

I was looking forward to the season starting this weekend but its looking unlikely at this stage.

Lazer

I doubt if the match is going to go ahead, although i was looking forward to my weekend in Derry.

Tower hotel very nice and usually reasonable too
Travellodge next to teh city hotel is proably reasonable too
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Trevor Hill

I really cant see any games going ahead this weekend. Temperatures are expected to drop to -10 in places tonight and wont get much above freezing during the coming days.

armaghniac

Not only the low temperatures but snow is expected for Saturday night/Sunday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Any parts of the province in decent shape? Fermanagh?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mylestheslasher

Nope. Was -10 in Monaghan at 8am this morning which is just ridiculous.

Denn Forever

On the Ulster Council's GAA website there is just a blank page.  Does this mean there are no games this weekend?

Can anyone tell us?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Denn Forever

Apologies to the Ulster Council.  The page evenually gave the information.  There are no indications of fixture this week.  Here it is for the Breffnimen anyway.  Good website.

Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup Group B
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Date Time Comment   
Cavan  - - Donegal  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 16/01/2010 19:00   
Tyrone  - - St. Marys  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone 17/01/2010 14:00   
Cavan  - - St. Marys  Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan 20/01/2010 19:30   
Donegal  - - Tyrone  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey 20/01/2010 19:30   
Tyrone  - - Cavan  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone TBC TBC   
Donegal  - - St. Marys  MacCumhaill Park Ballybofey TBC TBC 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

An Cloch Scoilte

According to the Down website, downgaa.net;

Due to the current adverse weather conditions and the predicted weather forecast for the next five days, the Round 1 fixtures in the Barrett Sport Lighting Dr McKenna Cup scheduled for this weekend have been postponed.

Mid Mon

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 07, 2010, 10:18:42 AM
Nope. Was -10 in Monaghan at 8am this morning which is just ridiculous.

but they deserve it though....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on January 07, 2010, 11:40:49 AM
According to the Down website, downgaa.net;

Due to the current adverse weather conditions and the predicted weather forecast for the next five days, the Round 1 fixtures in the Barrett Sport Lighting Dr McKenna Cup scheduled for this weekend have been postponed.

Yea it's saying the same on the Ulser GAA website now
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

thewanderer

aLL OFF, that rules out a big crowd for the fermanagh match as its moved to Cross, prob not too many north armagh attendees to the cold climates of S ARMAGH

doirebhoy

lads mckenna cup full programme surely has to be in doubt - can you see a pitch being playable next sunday - forecast for the next week aint good - we have had a week of constant -3/4 at nite, with snow - and little sun with a max daily temp of 2/3.

if next sundays games arent played i think the comp could be void - or finals played in 3week league gap - but a dont think managers would want that distraction.
thoughts