McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Only a point in it to Armagh here, Antrim having the better of it so far in the second half...

milltown row

how's big Gallagher (galls man) doing for Antrim?

Our Nail Loney

All square in Armagh

Down 2-11 St Marys 0-08 some comeback

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: milltown row on January 04, 2009, 03:13:23 PM
how's big Gallagher (galls man) doing for Antrim?

I think he might have got a yellow card and got the line milltown

Our Nail Loney

How many minutes a half in the McKenna Cup?

never kickt a ball

Donegal 0-5  UUJ  0-3 Point from Ciaran Donnelly
Donegal 0-7  UUJ  0-3 point from Roper
Yellow card for Stephen McAleer UUJ
Yellow card for Ciaran Nolan UUJ
Donegal 0-7  UUJ  0-4 Ciaran Donnelly free
Donegal 0-9  UUJ  0-5 Stephen Griffin 4th point Half Time

2nd Half
Donegal 0-9  UUJ  0-7    no subs at HT
Donegal 0-10  UUJ  0-7 Stephen Griffin
Donegal 0-9  UUJ  0-7 McKeever
Donegal 0-11  UUJ  0-7 Stephen Griffin
Donegal 0-11  UUJ  0-8 Ciaran Donnelly
Donegal 1-11  UUJ  0-8 Roper goal, now scored 1-2
Donegal 1-12  UUJ  0-8 Stephen Griffin
Donegal 1-12  UUJ  0-9 Ciaran Donnelly free
Donegal 1-13  UUJ  0-10 Ciaran Donnelly free
Donegal 1-13  UUJ  0-11 Ciaran Donnelly free
Donegal 1-13  UUJ  0-12 Mulholland
Penalty for Donegal
Donegal 2-13  UUJ  0-12 Stephen Griffin penalty
Donegal 3-14  UUJ  0-12 Ross Wherity goal
Donegal 3-14  UUJ  0-13 Ciaran donnelly free. RESULT

Fermanagh 0-3 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder) Derry 0-0   20 minutes gone
Fermanagh 0-4 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder) Derry 0-0  5 mins to HT
Fermanagh 0-4 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder Carson) Derry 0-0
Nial Bradley yellow card
Fermanagh 0-4 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Carson) Derry 0-1
Patsy Bradley yellow card - McBride on
Fermanagh 0-5 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson) Derry 0-1 (Mullan) Half Time
Fermanagh 0-6 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Hadden?) Derry 0-2 (Mullan, Mullan)
Fermanagh 0-8 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden ) Derry 0-3 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley)
Fermanagh 0-9 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris ) Derry 0-4 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown)
Fermanagh 0-9 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris ) Derry 0-5 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown, Jones?)
Fermanagh 0-9 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris ) Derry 0-6 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown, Jones, Seamus Bradley)
Fermanagh 0-9 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris ) Derry 1-7 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown, Jones, Seamus Bradley, Joe Diver goal)  32 minutes gone
Fermanagh 0-10 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris, McElroy ) Derry 1-7 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown, Jones, Seamus Bradley, Joe Diver goal)  32 minutes gone
Fermanagh 0-10 (Ferris, Ferris, Ryder, Ryder, Carson, Cadden, Cadden, Cadden, Ferris, McElroy ) Derry 1-7 (Mullan, Mullan, Paul Bradley, Brown, Jones, Seamus Bradley, Joe Diver goal)  RESULT DRAW

Armagh 0-06 Antrim 0-03 HT
Armagh 0-07 Antrim 0-6
Armagh 0-07 Antrim 0-7
Armagh 0-12 Antrim 0-10 RESULT

Down 0-7 St Mary's 0-8 HT
Down 1-07 St Mary 0-08
Down 2-11 St Marys 0-08
25 mins Down 3-15 St Mary's 0-09
Down 3-16 St Mary's 0-10 RESULT

Our Nail Loney

Fermanagh are useless f**kers.

Carmen Stateside

Thay led the whole way til the last 5!  >:(

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 04, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
Thay led the whole way til the last 5!  >:(

Only knocker in my bet, f**k sake, only had a tenner on it, but could have one with that 140quid!

Carmen Stateside

Had them done myself. sick :'(

Doire abú

Who is the Jones that scored a point for Derry?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Armagh 0-12 Antrim 0-10

Armagh started with;

Rodgers

Moriarty         Donaghy          N O'Rourke
JP Donnelly    A O'Rourke      C McKeever

K Toner    M Mackin

E McDonnell     M O'Rourke    R Henderson
B Mallon          R Clarke         Feeney

Not a great game at all. We started brightly enough and were well on top in the first half but Antrim drew level at 0-7 a piece halfway through the second half before Armagh pulled away to win. Mediocre enough performance. Lacked any real intensity and I thought the new rules which saw 2 Antrim players get yellows in the first half meant that fellas were afraid to make challenges. Armagh lacked a bit of sharpness and there were quite a few basic errors, particularly with shooting

For Armagh, Henderson looked lively in first half - got 1 nice point and should have had another int he first half - was showing well for it anyway. Think he ended up with 0-3, one of which was a free. Ronan Clarke played the first half in a withdrawn midfield role which I thought was a bit pointless. We've had this debate on the Armagh club thread when Ógs do it and I think its an even bigger waste when Armagh try it. We all know he'll be on the edge of the square come the Tyrone match so I don't see the point of dragging him out the field. He didn't get into the game at all from the middle. Both mcDonnell and Feeney struggled to make an impact though Conor Clarke did quite well when he came on I thought, scoring a point.

Midfield was middling enough - little enough clean ball won though Mal Mackin did well bursting through and fisted 2 good points. Vincie Martin replaced Kieran Toner in the second half. The half back did alright, JP Donnelly was reasonably effective going forward anyway and both himself and Ciaran got a point. Given that Aidan started at centre half back it'd be a fair guess to presume that McDonnell has the same half back line in mind as last year. Thought Moriarty had a good game - linked the play very well and went forward with purpose. He's a very good player though has a tendancy to be too lax when marking though that wasn't exposed today. He was replaced by Barry Shannon at half time. Was impressed with Brendan Donaghy at full back - very commanding around the square. I'd like to see Toner given a go at full back but Donaghy looked today like he's growing into the position. Neil O'Rourke didn't have a great debut - made a couple of very bad passing errors in dangerous positions - one of which cost a point and the other almost cost a goal.

As for the goalkeeper - very good debut I thought - 2 good saves, one in particular in the second half after a blocked pass put Antrim through. Fielded a couple of high balls very well though there were one or 2 rash kicks.

A fair bit of improvement needed yet, particularly in the forwards but obviously there's fellas to come in though we had about half our championship starting team out today which is strong in McKenna Cup terms. Would like to see Kevin O'Rourke starting next week.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

cavan4ever

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Doire abú on January 04, 2009, 04:08:54 PM
Who is the Jones that scored a point for Derry?

Might have heard that wrong Doire abú.  :o EDIT: Though maybe not: Michael Jones:

Fermanagh 0-10 1-7 Derry

A superb late point from Ciaran McElroy earned Fermanagh a draw in the Gaelic Life McKenna Cup clash in Enniskillen. The Ernemen were 0-5 to 0-1 ahead at the break and were five points in front with nine minutes left. But Derry hit 1-3 in the space of four minutes, with Joe Diver netting, to take the lead for the first time. McElroy salvaged a draw in the cup opener which saw two Derry players and one from UUJ sent-off and replaced under the new yellow card rule. Oak Leaf duo Niall Bradley and Patsy Bradley were dismissed in the first half while Michael Jones was ordered off in the dying minutes. Fermanagh debutant Seamus Ryder and Enda Ferris each slotted over two points in the opening half, with Ryan Carson getting the other for the homeside. Pat Cadden added another three points for the Erne side in the second half but Derry's six answered points in quick time turned the game with Diver scoring his goal on 67 minutes.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7810683.stm