McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

UUJ v Donegal (Sun)

John Joe Doherty's first game in charge of Donegal will see his side taking on UUJ in Sunday's Gaelic Life McKenna Cup clash at Ballybofey (1400 GMT). Doherty has named an experienced panel for the competition, with Ciaran Bonner, Brendan Boyle, Michael Doherty and Stephen McDermott all recalled. Newcomers include Charles Byrne, Shane McGowan, Leo McCloone and Declan Walsh. UUJ will include Colm Cavanagh, James Colgan and Tomas McCann and captain Monaghan's Darren Hughes. Other talented Jordanstown personnel include Tyrone underage stars Brendan Boggs and Damien McDermott and Down pair Packie Downey and Colm Murney.

UUJ squad
: Kevin Anderson, Daniel Bateson, Brendan Boggs, Colm Cavanagh, James Colgan, Ciaran Donnelly, Packie Downey, Stefan Forker, Conor Galligan, Aidan Girvan, Blaine Gormley, Gareth Haughey, Darren Hughes, Peter Hughes, Greg Kelly, Stephen McAleer, Cathal McCaffrey, Mark McCaffrey, Tomas McCann, Damien McDermott, Greg McGovern, Niall McKeever, Sean Murdock, Danny Mulholland, Cathal Murdock, Colm Murney, Declan Murphy, Conor Murray, Kieran Nolan, Cillian O'Reilly.

Donegal squad : Ciaran Bonner, Michael Boyle, Brendan Boyle, Ryan Bradley, Charles Byrne, Michael Doherty, Odhran Doherty, Conall Dunne, Paul Durcan, Neil Gallagher, Johnny Gallagher, Stephen Griffin, Rory Kavanagh, Damien McClafferty, Paddy McDaid, Stephen McDermott, Neil McGee, Eamon McGee, Frank McFlynn, Shane McGowan, Leo McLoone, Kevin McMenamin, Barry Monaghan, Kevin Rafferty, Brian Roper, Leon Thompson, Christy Toye, David Walsh, Declan Walsh, Ross Wherity.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7808636.stm

never kickt a ball

Armagh v Antrim

Both Armagh and Antrim are likely to include debutants in Sunday's opening Gaelic Life McKenna Cup Section C clash at the Athletic Grounds (1400 GMT). New Antrim boss Liam Bradley has given call-ups to several men, including Paddy Carey, Liam Carlin, Paul Conlon and former Armagh player Dara Edwards. Armagh veterans Enda McNulty, Paul McGrane, Francie Bellew and Steven McDonnell will miss the McKenna Cup. Goalkeeper Ciaran McKinney has left the panel while Andy Mallon is out injured. McKinney has opted out of the squad after becoming a father in September. Mallon is still being troubled by a fractured arm which he sustained in last year's Ulster Final against Fermanagh. There has been speculation that other Armagh veterans could join Oisin McConville in quitting the intercounty scene but Peter McDonnell has yet to hear of any further retirements.
The Armagh panel are scheduled to meet with McDonnell over the weekend while Bradley will have his first squad session with his panel on Friday. Edwards was part of Armagh's McKenna Cup squad last year but the St Brigid's player has switched allegiance to the Saffrons. Sean McVeigh is also a late addition to the Antrim squad.

Armagh squad : Ronan Austin, Conor Clarke, Ronan Clarke, Brendan Donaghy, JP Donnelly, Joe Feeney, Ryan Henderson, James Lavery, Malachy Mackin, Brian Mallon, Vincent Martin, Finian Moriarty, Tony McClelland, Barry McDonald, Eugene McDonnell, Philip McElroy, Ciaran McKeever, Paddy McKeever, Shane O'Neill, Aidan O'Rourke, Kevin O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke, Neil O'Rourke, Chris Rafferty, Paudie Rodgers, Barry Shannon, Gareth Smyth, Barry Toner, Kieran Toner.

Antrim squad : Colin Brady, Kevin Brady, Paddy Carey, Liam Carlin, Ciaran Close, Paddy Cunningham, Paul Conlon, Conor Creaney, Aaron Douglas, Dara Edwards, John Finucane, Aodhan Gallagher, Damien Gault, Donal Graham, Benny Hasson, Conor Maxwell, Gerard McAleese, David McAlernon, Michael McCann, Michael Magill, Kevin McGlinchey, Conor McGoldrick, Sean McGreevy, Andy McLean, Kevin McQuillan, Neil O'Connell, Tony Scullion

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7807945.stm

Our Nail Loney

f**k I forgot to enter as well, was looking at the list in the paper today for my name for about five minutes before it dawned on me.

stiffler

Iv McKinney, Eoin Bradley and Seanie Johnston in my team.....pure death!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on January 02, 2009, 06:50:28 PM
Balax - forgot to tdo the Gaelic Life comp.

I minded 10 minutes before the closing date, so don't expect to see me threaten the leaders!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2009, 10:56:52 PM
I read my bucking reminder letter the day after the closing date. I was waiting on the squads being published before picking my team. They were published the week after the closing date.
That was my tactic too, and now half my team ain't in competition.
Where the feck is John Deighan?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Our Nail Loney

Prices for McKenna Cup and other competitions from Tommy French Bookmakers  Wink

13/8     Sligo      15/2      Galway 4/7         
8/11     Cavan      15/2      Queens UB 13/10   
5/6     Offaly      15/2          Dublin 11/10   
4/6     Wicklow      15/2      Carlow 11/8         
1/1     Kildare       15/2      Wexford   10/11   
11/10 Meath      15/2      Westmeath 5/6   
6/5     Fermanagh  15/2      Derry 4/5                 
4/7     Donegal      15/2      UUJ 13/8         
8/11     Down      15/2      St Marys   5/4         
6/4     Antrim      15/2      Armagh 8/13   

What about Queens to beat Cavan, Armagh to beat Antrim, Down to beat St Marys and Fermanagh to beat Derry?

Maguire01

Any games on TG4 this weekend?

stiffler

DÉ DOMHNAIGH, 11ú EANAIR

1:45pm - GAA BEO ar an aer

2:00pm: BEO - Craobh Club AIB, Corn Dr. McKenna Gaelic Life - Chéad Babhta
Dún na nGall -vs- Fear Manach
IONAD: Béal Átha Seanaidh, Dún na nGall

Á chur i lathair ag Micheál Ó Domhnaill le tráchtaireacht ó Mac Dara Mac Donnacha.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bigfrank

Which translates into:

SUNDAY, JANUARY 11th

1:45pm - GAA BEO on air

2.00pm: LIVE - Gaelic Life Dr McKenna Cup 1st Round
Donegal -vs- Fermanagh
VENUE: Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal

Game on tv next sunday!!

cavan4ever

Queens to beat cavan wouldn't be a bad bet i might have some of that myself.  Seanie Johnston its with DCU and nobody else can score.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 03, 2009, 02:37:45 PM
Queens to beat cavan wouldn't be a bad bet i might have some of that myself.  Seanie Johnston its with DCU and nobody else can score.

That was my thinking, plus the universities shouold be sharper seeing as none of the county squads have been training!  ;) the quad I said earlier pays 13/1...

drici

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 03, 2009, 12:10:18 PM
Prices for McKenna Cup and other competitions from Tommy French Bookmakers  Wink

6/4     Antrim      15/2      Armagh 8/13   

This match has been moved at the worst possible time for French's from Casement Park to the Athletic Grounds.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: drici on January 03, 2009, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 03, 2009, 12:10:18 PM

6/4     Antrim      15/2      Armagh 8/13   

This match has been moved at the worst possible time for French's from Casement Park to the Athletic Grounds.

I knew it was in the Athletic Grounds but I am saying nothing!! I like the 8/13...

BallyhaiseMan

lads  if anyone wants the scope on any of your countymen on the queens team,Let me know before 6pm.