McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

He hasn't got the balls to play them...

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Uladh on February 07, 2007, 10:37:23 AM
He hasn't got the balls to play them...

Of course he has Uladh. Mickey Monagh will ensure of that. I think he even has the new yellow ones too ;)

never kickt a ball

Any preditions for this game on Tuesday night? Regardless of who wins the final is in Healy Park next Saturday. The three teams left are flying at the moment. Monaghan and Tyrone are both playing well. I'd expect Mickey Harte to have more changes for this game. Maybe Rouse will return and it will be interesting to see if the College 4 are introduced again.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

McKenna Cup Final on Saturday? That's when Greencastle is playing in the All-Ireland Semi-Final.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

never kickt a ball

Saturday night under lights Ziggy. Does that help? Anyway it could be Donegal v Monaghan. Yes O'Neill. Were you hoping for Casement?

ONeill

I was assuming Casement as the recent finals Tyrone v Derry '05 and Tyrone v Monaghan '06 had been there. I suppose Donegal wouldn't have been happy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Does anyone know when the teams will be announced? With regards to Tyrone there are so many on the panel that it is hard to predict the team. Would like to see Curran get a run out again and i assume with the sigerson coming up soon we may not see Justin McMahon with St Mary's having a game on wednesday. I assume McGuigan (T) and Rousey will get a run along with Donnelly etc. Someone told me Tyrone will cut squad to 36/37 after McKenna cup exit and then name the 30 for match days. There is now even competition to get into the named squad for each match - can only be a good thing?

GrandMasterFlash

I take it SON will be available for selection? How come he wasn't playing introduced again Fermanagh at the weekend? Monaghan are going well in the league so far and are racking up good scores but I reckon this'll be our toughest challenge of '07 to date... Midfield will be where it's won and lost (excuse the cliché). If we can get a foothold here and get the ball into Tommy and Hanratty they'll do damge but that's a big IF! Who'll be playing instead of Ricey?

RedKnight

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 12, 2007, 02:07:26 PM
Who'll be playing instead of Ricey?

Thats a question that only Mickey Hart can answer. It could be Carlin, Marlow, Boggs or McCaul

chuck hughes

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 12, 2007, 02:07:26 PM
I take it SON will be available for selection? How come he wasn't playing introduced again Fermanagh at the weekend? Monaghan are going well in the league so far and are racking up good scores but I reckon this'll be our toughest challenge of '07 to date... Midfield will be where it's won and lost (excuse the cliché). If we can get a foothold here and get the ball into Tommy and Hanratty they'll do damge but that's a big IF! Who'll be playing instead of Ricey?
O'Neill will be available and he did come on as a half time substitute at the weekend. Midfield could be an issue for yous, im assuming Lennon wont be playin as he will be in action for DCU on Wed in Sigerson vs UUJ and also Hanratty is a member of that DCU team too. Id say Keran Mc Crory, Marlow and Mc Gurk will get a bit of action tomorrow night in Riceys absence.

GrandMasterFlash

Jeez I forgot about the oul Sigerson! Big game too... MF could be Paul Finlay and JP Moen with young Conor McManus starting in the Corner in place of Hanratty. I could see Damien Freeman back in the half back line to add a bit of pace and and maybe Shane Smyth or Rory Woods on the edge of the square. Should be a good game I reckon...

MD

Folks anyone know if this is being shown on TG4?  Doesn't seem to be appearing on their scheduling but I know they have the rights to show all McKenna cup games so would be suprised if they missed the final?  Thanks.

Fuzzman

Heard on Radio Ulster this Morning that Dooher is making his comeback tonght.

Let the hoovering begin.

What times's the final on this Sat?
Is it Defo in Healy Park Omagh?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 13, 2007, 09:13:33 AM
What times's the final on this Sat?
Is it Defo in Healy Park Omagh?

That's presuming Fuzz you win of course!  ;) That statement smells of complacency and over-confidence...  :o