McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

The following video report from The Irish News gives some insight into Mickey Harte's thinking over the current saga.... Oh and some information on Brandy dog food...

http://www.irishnews.com/intv/sport11.html

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: MrC on January 18, 2007, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on January 17, 2007, 10:58:49 PM
I think that if Tyrone are to be punished then it should be handed out before the Cavan match.

Perhaps the powers that be in Ulster are hoping Cavan beat them and Tyrone aren't best runners up so they don't qualify anyway. ::)

Regardless, we'll beat them anyway Gaoth Dobhair ;)

So you reckon Micky Harte did it on purpose to get disciplined and then avoid having to be humiliated by Donegal in the final MrC?   :o ;D ;)
Tbc....

never kickt a ball

Tyrone play the waiting game
18 January 2007

Tyrone County Board are to wait on official notification from the Ulster Council before they take any action over the row about the fielding of illegal players in the McKenna Cup.
"We won't be doing anything about it until we get information from the Ulster Council and I don't think we will be getting that until Friday," said Tyrone secretary Dominic McCaughey. "We'll have to wait and see what they say. We've had nothing in writing yet."
Significantly the Tyrone official claimed there are no penalties in place to deal with the breach in the rules which Tyrone have been cited for.
"There is a need to draft regulations that everyone is happy with and to include penalties if there are breaches. The regulations are there at the moment but there are no penalties associated with them," added McCaughey.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=71355

So we have broken (or infracted) the regulations but there's nothing you can do about it. (except meet, realise this, ask for a meeting with the parties concerned so as to be seen to be doing something, ask for the players concerned not to play in the next match which is handy so that they can then play with the U21's, meet with the parties concerned and assure everyone they have been given a severe warning, make sure this is done after team is out of or won competition, rewrite the regulations and penalties for next year.) 

never kickt a ball

Jody Gormley has named his Antrim side to face UUJ in the last group game of the Gaelic Life Dr. McKenna Cup.
1. Sean McGreevy
2. Conor McGoldrick
3. Colin Brady
4. Niall Ward
5. Chris Lynch
6. Gavin Bell
7. Sean McVeigh
8. Joe Quinn
9. Aodhan Gallagher
10. Tony Scullion
11. Kevin Brady
12. Hugh McKay
13. Ciaran Close (Capt.)
14. Michael McCann
15. Micheal Magill

Four Antrim players make their first starts of the competition – Conor McGoldrick comes in at corner back, and Tony Scullion, Hugh McKay and Michael Magill are all introduced into a re-arranged forward line.
The game against the students of UUJ takes place in Casement park on Sunday 21st January with a 2:00pm throw-in.
http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=344

realredhandfan

I fancy Tyrone to beat Cavan get docked 2 points and then go through on scoring difference or Cavan to beat Tyrone - they go through and Tyrone get docked 2 points.  its a tough one. 

Maximus Marillius

realredhandfan....how did it take you to think of that outcome :o :o :o ::)

realredhandfan

lynchbhoy

go on max, stick up yer fave picture
you know you want to and are itching to get a chance....
:D

Mid Mon

Anyone got the starting 15 for Monaghan or Armagh for Sunday?

tc_manchester

Does anyone know if the tyrone-cavan match is on the net anywhere - i've tried Northern Sound and Highland but there doesn't seem to be any coverage

sam03/05

trying to find it on the net myself- this is a joke no coverage of the game at all. surely tg4 could have shown this game...

sam03/05

http://northernsound.ie/listen.php

there you go guys commentary isnt great but hey beggers cant be choosers
Tyrone winning by 3 after 10 minutes

sam03/05

tc_manchester

Aye,
   When ryanair start flying into Cavan from Manchester then I'll be there - I leave the brownie points for the National league

never kickt a ball

Quote from: 5iveTimes on January 20, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on January 20, 2007, 06:39:19 PM
trying to find it on the net myself- this is a joke no coverage of the game at all. surely tg4 could have shown this game...
Lads the game is Live in Breffni Park. Its only £7 in. You call yourselves fans, but you dont go to the games? FFS

Refuse to go until the programmes are better 5ive times ;D