McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 15, 2023, 05:12:32 PM
Honestly another game Derry could actually do without, a week break to the league game been better.
No real break as would have a challenge if not in the McKenna final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

A game a week is no big deal I'd say they'll be happy enough.

JoG2

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 15, 2023, 05:17:49 PM
Quote from: ardtole on January 15, 2023, 03:48:54 PM
Thought it was a very soft free for Derry to level.
very soft, ref definitely was looking for a draw

Maybe making up for the neck high tackle on Tallon across the other side of the pitch a minute of so earlier that wasn't given....

Good competitive game, Down definitely looking sharp and well drilled.

As Screen says, a game a week is grand for players in great shape. Throw in time confirmed yet for Sat?

square_ball

JoG2

Decent enough time, thanks

tbrick18

I think another game with a competitive edge is ideal leading I to the league.

With the Glen lads playing in a final and the mckenna final it really will raise the levels before the first league match.

Entertaining game today. I thought Down were very physical and did a lot of off the ball drag Downs that they continued to get away with.
Derry a bit cuter in the tackle.

Down look they are extremely fit and their goal scoring threat is worrisome for the div 3 teams.
If they continue in that form, they'll likely win promotion.

Derry have got a good luck at the younger lads and Gallagher will know what he has to choose from post mckenna Cup.
Niall Toner is in great form, Murray too though he was quiet today.
Aston tohill looks out of position in the forwards. I'd have liked to have seen a few high balls played into him to see how he'd cope. Could give us another option for style of attack.

Happy with another game.

Wonder why they didn't play extra time. Was that always the plan to go straight to penalties or was it by mutual agreement t.

Dreadnought

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 15, 2023, 07:16:57 PM
I think another game with a competitive edge is ideal leading I to the league.

With the Glen lads playing in a final and the mckenna final it really will raise the levels before the first league match.

Entertaining game today. I thought Down were very physical and did a lot of off the ball drag Downs that they continued to get away with.
Derry a bit cuter in the tackle.

Down look they are extremely fit and their goal scoring threat is worrisome for the div 3 teams.
If they continue in that form, they'll likely win promotion.

Derry have got a good luck at the younger lads and Gallagher will know what he has to choose from post mckenna Cup.
Niall Toner is in great form, Murray too though he was quiet today.
Aston tohill looks out of position in the forwards. I'd have liked to have seen a few high balls played into him to see how he'd cope. Could give us another option for style of attack.

Happy with another game.

Wonder why they didn't play extra time. Was that always the plan to go straight to penalties or was it by mutual agreement t.

It's part of the competition, not to flog lads this time of year. It was on all the programme print outs, that with a draw, straight to penalties and no extra time

Gold

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2023, 05:50:31 PM
A game a week is no big deal I'd say they'll be happy enough.

Agreed
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

trailer

For anyone interested you can still but tickets for Down v Derry and Tyrone V Cavan on the website. No details on the final. And we expect this organisation to deliver a new state of the art football stadium.

https://ulster.gaa.ie/boimckennacup2023/

Itchy

Quote from: trailer on January 17, 2023, 08:49:18 AM
For anyone interested you can still but tickets for Down v Derry and Tyrone V Cavan on the website. No details on the final. And we expect this organisation to deliver a new state of the art football stadium.

https://ulster.gaa.ie/boimckennacup2023/

Thats for people that have been guilt shamed over the IPTV usage

An Watcher

I thought the final was supposed to be on TG4 but no sign?

Nanderson

Quote from: An Watcher on January 18, 2023, 07:34:29 PM
I thought the final was supposed to be on TG4 but no sign?
TG4 online i believe

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

smort

Puke football from derry here

Tough watch

Wildweasel74

Derry very defensive, Tyrone doing alot of fouling McGuigan missed a few long ones he would get on a good day.