McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 28, 2016, 04:04:51 PM
Quote from: WT4E on January 28, 2016, 03:55:11 PM
I feel great today - I building bridges between myself and everyone!

Anyone else??
Try Fearon on the clerical abuse thread

I don't think even that's possible

Franko

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 28, 2016, 11:55:30 PM
Good stuff Mod...

Indeed, I'm glad that the mods have agreed with me that all types of insults made against players are inadmissible here. Not just those which are unpalatable to our red hand brethren.  Hopefully that will put an end to the needless abuse that has been emanating from them.

StGallsGAA

QuoteIndeed, I'm glad that the mods have agreed with me that all types of insults made against players are inadmissible here. Not just those which are unpalatable to our red hand brethren.  Hopefully that will put an end to the needless abuse that has been emanating from them.
Just as well you're not a player then you Derry w@nkst@in. ;)

Carmen Stateside

never kickt a ball

Damien Barton on the slide tackle last week?...........

"It was an incident that thankfully you don't see very often."

Barton added that he "couldn't speak" after the game such was his upset about the incident.

"I think it affected the mood of all of us.

"It overshadowed for me what was a positive night for football.

"I think the amount of respect that was shown between Derry and Tyrone was very evident but it's one of those things I'll let people make up their own minds about."

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 31, 2016, 09:38:11 PM
Damien Barton on the slide tackle last week?...........

"It was an incident that thankfully you don't see very often."

Barton added that he "couldn't speak" after the game such was his upset about the incident.

"I think it affected the mood of all of us.

"It overshadowed for me what was a positive night for football.

"I think the amount of respect that was shown between Derry and Tyrone was very evident but it's one of those things I'll let people make up their own minds about."

Err ......... he was talking about the Rodgers/McCann incident.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/35455958

Franko

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 30, 2016, 09:19:43 PM
QuoteIndeed, I'm glad that the mods have agreed with me that all types of insults made against players are inadmissible here. Not just those which are unpalatable to our red hand brethren.  Hopefully that will put an end to the needless abuse that has been emanating from them.

Ah yes, more of the abuse.  How perfectly you illustrate my point.  Well done.

redhandefender

Quote from: Franko on February 02, 2016, 07:17:29 AM

I doubt someone called st galls is from tyrone you w@nkstain

Franko

Quote from: redhandefender on February 02, 2016, 08:39:56 AM

You know very little about St Galls then lad. But just in case, you stepped in to really ram it home for everyone. More foul mouthed vitriol. You lads never fail to let yourselves down a bagful.

redhandefender

Quote from: Franko on February 02, 2016, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on February 02, 2016, 08:39:56 AM

You know very little about St Galls then lad. But just in case, you stepped in to really ram it home for everyone. More foul mouthed vitriol. You lads never fail to let yourselves down a bagful.

Was a joke lad! ligthen up. On the balance of probabilities then I would say hes not from tyrone. Doubt there have been many tyrone fellas playing with galls for a long time, most seem to be at brigids. But hey you know better w@nkstain lol who even says that anymore

never kickt a ball

Well well well...................

https://youtu.be/KOk8O-nU_tw

Derry manager Damian Barton will miss the remainder of his side's Allianz League Division 2 games after being handed an eight-week sideline ban.

The punishment is handed down for Barton's involvement in a skirmish during last month's Dr. McKenna Cup final clash with Tyrone.

As other players and Barton joined the fray, Tyrone goalkeeper Niall Morgan tried to pull Derry forward Daniel McKinless up off the ground and the Derry boss then pushed the Tyrone 'keeper before being pushed by Cathal McCarron.

Tyrone emerged winners from the clash in extra time, where a number of players were dismissed for their part in the scuffle.
The ban comes after Barton's decision to withdraw the appeal scheduled for Thursday night and will serve his punishment beginning this weekend at home to Galway.

McCarron is understood to have received a one-match ban for his part in the skirmish which will apply to next year's McKenna Cup.

http://www.newstalk.com/WATCH:-Derry-manager-Damian-Barton-handed-eightweek-sideline-ban-for-part-in-Tyrone-skirmish

never kickt a ball

Damian Barton: Derry football manager handed eight-week ban

Damian Barton will be banned from the Derry dugout until 4 April

Derry football manager Damian Barton has been given an eight-week ban as a result of his involvement in an on-field melee in the McKenna Cup final.

The ban was handed out by the Ulster Council earlier this month but news of it only emerged on Friday morning.

This followed Barton's decision to withdraw an appeal which had been scheduled for Thursday night.

Barton was among a number of Derry and Tyrone personnel sent off in the McKenna Cup decider on 23 January.

The second-half incident in which Barton became embroiled in followed a dangerous sliding challenge by Derry forward Daniel McKinless on Tyrone defender Ronan McNamee.
The Tyrone man reacted by pushing over McKinless, and appearing to make contact with the Derry man's throat in the process.

As other players and Barton joined the fray, Tyrone goalkeeper Niall Morgan attempted to pull up McKinless up off the ground and the Derry boss then pushed the Red Hand keeper before, in turn, being jostled by Cathal McCarron.

After order was restored by Cavan referee Noel Mooney, McKinless and McNamee were both handed yellow cards which resulted in the Tyrone man being sent off as he had been cautioned earlier.

Derry boss Barton was also ordered to the stand while McCarron received a straight red card for his part in the melee.

McCarron is understood to have been handed a one-match ban for his part in the melee which will apply in next year's Dr McKenna Cup.

Barton's ban means he will not be allowed to sit in the Derry dug-out in their five upcoming Football League Division 2 matches, beginning with Sunday's home game against Galway.

However, Barton will be able to continue to train the squad and attend the games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/35667391

BennyCake

Any idea when the draw for next years competition is made?

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2016, 07:28:32 PM
Any idea when the draw for next years competition is made?

I think it's made in middle of November from memory.