McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 26, 2016, 04:57:52 AM
Jaysus Im kinda ragin that things got so mad on here with the inbreds and I missed out on it.

Just watched the highlights on bbc there and read thru this thread, looked like a great game. Thought Scullion comments afterwards where spot on just two teams goin at it hell for leather. Injuries where unfortunate McCann looked to be completely going for the ball, just one of those things.

At the same time it must be seriously sickening for the inbreds to commit so fully into putting a marker down against Tyrone twice and end up on their ass both times. Indeed Barton's charge and dump was maybe a very good analogy for Derrys effort in these two matches

He wasn't completely going for the ball you mug. He ran into him! Perhaps he didn't mean to burst him open but to say he was going for the ball is laughable!

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 09:05:47 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:55:09 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:46:57 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:33:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:16:42 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM
QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Complete nonsense. but I understand this is a trying time for you.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

Tammy Wynette was a Tyrone fan too apparently.

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

I hope you Derry ones are lining up to condemn your managers embarrassing antics on Saturday night! I'd suggest getting your own glass house in order before throwing stones.

I have no problem saying barton was totally out of order. Still waiting for you to say mccann was totally out of order.

So you feel Barton should be handed and 8 week ban then? If he was given that punishment would you defend him or accept that it was appropriate? Most right thinking posters here from Tyrone, including me, called McCanns dive for was what it was. The defence of him was regarding the outrageous over reaction from the media and proposed 8 week ban that was actually against the rules of the organisation. I don't understand how you can't separate those two things?

Maybe the whole of the Derry public coming out and condemning Barton's behavior will stop this repugnant behaviour from him in the future, We'll wait and see!

Barton was out of order but you couldnt call his behaviour repugnant. He will get the appropriate punishment and will accept it like a man unlike the numerous tyrone players who have employed fergal to get their bans overturned. Mccanns behaviour on the other hand was unquestionably repugnant both for the dive and for his cowardly elbow on sat evening.

So you are defending Barton now? So you see how this internet thing works now?

How am i defending hm? I said he was out of order and should be punished accordingly. You have still failed to say mccann was out of order for his dive or cowardly elbow.

McCanns dive was repugnant

Congratulations on being the first tyrone man to say what should have been said at the time.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on January 26, 2016, 07:17:54 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 09:28:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 09:05:47 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:55:09 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:46:57 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 08:33:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 25, 2016, 08:16:42 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 25, 2016, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on January 25, 2016, 07:06:22 PM
QuoteThe problem for McCann is that he received absolutely no criticism from within his own county re hairgate. In fact he became almost hero worshipped for his actions - facebook and twitter support groups were set up and so hence he will continue his diving antics as he knows not only is it accepted within his own county, it seems to be lauded.

Complete nonsense. but I understand this is a trying time for you.

I have posted this before and I still await anyone who can post me a link to a tyrone person condemning McCann's dive. There was plenty of condemnation from elsewhere but tyrone people circled the wagons and stuck up for their man.

Tammy Wynette was a Tyrone fan too apparently.

Funny to read tyrone people on here now saying they condemned mccann at the time. To be honest I didn't read any of that condemnation and noone has reposted their comments from the time. What I was talking about was public condemnation from explayers and prominent gaa figures from tyrone. I read and heard plenty of them condemn the stick that mccann was getting but none of them came out and said what mccann did was completely in the wrong. I was watching out for that because it is that sort of public condemnation which influences people not to copy or repeat repugnant behaviour.

I hope you Derry ones are lining up to condemn your managers embarrassing antics on Saturday night! I'd suggest getting your own glass house in order before throwing stones.

I have no problem saying barton was totally out of order. Still waiting for you to say mccann was totally out of order.

So you feel Barton should be handed and 8 week ban then? If he was given that punishment would you defend him or accept that it was appropriate? Most right thinking posters here from Tyrone, including me, called McCanns dive for was what it was. The defence of him was regarding the outrageous over reaction from the media and proposed 8 week ban that was actually against the rules of the organisation. I don't understand how you can't separate those two things?

Maybe the whole of the Derry public coming out and condemning Barton's behavior will stop this repugnant behaviour from him in the future, We'll wait and see!

Barton was out of order but you couldnt call his behaviour repugnant. He will get the appropriate punishment and will accept it like a man unlike the numerous tyrone players who have employed fergal to get their bans overturned. Mccanns behaviour on the other hand was unquestionably repugnant both for the dive and for his cowardly elbow on sat evening.

So you are defending Barton now? So you see how this internet thing works now?

How am i defending hm? I said he was out of order and should be punished accordingly. You have still failed to say mccann was out of order for his dive or cowardly elbow.

McCanns dive was repugnant

Congratulations on being the first tyrone man to say what should have been said at the time.

How many examples of Tyrone posters commenting on McCann do you need to be reposted before you drop the little fantasy you have in your head about them not condemning his behaviour? I will state it again, we were defending him from the repugnant (your word) media witch hunt and ridiculous makey uppy 8 week ban!! If Derry ever get to a position where the media in general ever give a shite about them and their players, it will be interesting to hear you lot defend the actions of your out of control manager and the repugnant actions of the likes of McKinless et al. Somehow though, I suspect we will never find out.
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Benny I wouldn't waste your time. It just takes things a little longer to sink in with some of the inbreds. The evidence is there for him, I'm sure the penny will drop in time for the Mckenna cup 2017.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

No wides

Jaysus Im kinda ragin that things got so mad on here with the inbreds and I missed out on it.

Just watched the highlights on bbc there and read thru this thread, looked like a great game. Thought Scullion comments afterwards where spot on just two teams goin at it hell for leather. Injuries where unfortunate McCann looked to be completely going for the ball, just one of those things.

At the same time it must be seriously sickening for the inbreds to commit so fully into putting a marker down against Tyrone twice and end up on their ass both times. Indeed Barton's charge and dump was maybe a very good analogy for Derrys effort in these two matches

Jesus wept the BBC and that muppet Watson took great joy in showing it was thuggery at the very least masked in a football match, but as long as you enjoyed the highlights!

DennistheMenace

I'd rather watch a game like that than a non-competitive game in most other places around the country this time of year.

Some absolute quality forwards on both sides who will do damage this year and I think Tyrone and Derry will be 1 and 2 in div2 this year.

redhandefender

Quote from: No wides on January 26, 2016, 09:16:58 AM

Jesus wept the BBC and that muppet Watson took great joy in showing it was thuggery at the very least masked in a football match, but as long as you enjoyed the highlights!

I'm guessing you didn't see the entire game up there on your pedestal!

No wides

Quote from: redhandefender on January 26, 2016, 10:16:22 AM

Neither did the majority who saw the BBC's highlights, what's your point?

Mikhailov

Quote from: No wides on January 26, 2016, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on January 26, 2016, 10:16:22 AM

Neither did the majority who saw the BBC's highlights, what's your point?

Very difficult for Omaghjoe to see the full game live in the AG and him living in Southern California !!.

armaghniac

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 26, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
Very difficult for Omaghjoe to see the full game live in the AG and him living in Southern California !!.

He could have seen the whole shocking hallionfest on Armagh TV.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

shawshank

I watched the hit from Mc Cann on the ipad last night over and over and over and over and over (your getting the picture) again. Was it deliberate, without doubt, he was no where near the ball, he jumped with both feet off the ground into a static player, he raised his elbow. The ref was at best two arms length away and actually looked at Rodgers as he fell unto the ground. Really don't know how you could describe the refs inaction, he saw it, you can see him looking at it,  incompetence doesn't actually reflect the magnitude of the incompetence considering the serious injury sustained.  Mc Cann has questions to answer and is portraying himself as a man of dubious character AGAIN.

Mc Kindless has not form in this regard, a potentially very dangerous tackle, hopefully he will see the error of his way.

square_ball

You should watch it another time then as McCann was very close to actually picking up the break off the throw in, he missed it and then clattered into Rogers (who by the way come up with such a witty original response on Twitter - so funny). It was certainly reckless and probably worthy of a yellow card in my opinion. Thats my pennys worth anyway. But have to say I am looking forward to another season on the GAA Board where everything that Tyrone do is picked up on and we have about 10 pages debate with Tyronies and ABTs on every single incident.

screenexile

Quote from: square_ball on January 26, 2016, 12:24:46 PM
You should watch it another time then as McCann was very close to actually picking up the break off the throw in, he missed it and then clattered into Rogers (who by the way come up with such a witty original response on Twitter - so funny). It was certainly reckless and probably worthy of a yellow card in my opinion. Thats my pennys worth anyway. But have to say I am looking forward to another season on the GAA Board where everything that Tyrone do is picked up on and we have about 10 pages debate with Tyronies and ABTs on every single incident.

It was about the only decent thing to come form the sorry mess!!!!

lickthem

I have heard it all now.A Tyrone person calling someone an inbred. Nearly fell off my chair laughing, crazy stuff.  :o :o :o :o

Moortown Spuds

I miss Armagh.

Proper manly opponents instead of lying down con men like McKindless and Barton, Enda Lynn and Liam Hinphey.