McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 10:19:41 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Anyone who thinks the McCann challenge is a red card should forget about ever going to a game of football.

He jumped into a player leading with his elbow causing the player to get 14 stitches...on what planet is that not a red card?? He got a man sent off for rubbing his f**king head!!!
The injury the player picked up, while awful is irrelevant to whether its a red card or not, as is McCanns previous history of transgressions .

Im sorry lads, thats not a red in a million years

Jumping into a player leading with the elbow and connecting with his head is a clear red card all day long. It's also a dirty and cowardly act!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 10:31:59 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 10:19:41 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Anyone who thinks the McCann challenge is a red card should forget about ever going to a game of football.

He jumped into a player leading with his elbow causing the player to get 14 stitches...on what planet is that not a red card?? He got a man sent off for rubbing his f**king head!!!
The injury the player picked up, while awful is irrelevant to whether its a red card or not, as is McCanns previous history of transgressions .

Im sorry lads, thats not a red in a million years

Jumping into a player leading with the elbow and connecting with his head is a clear red card all day long. It's also a dirty and cowardly act!!

You should get a dialysis machine to remove some of that bitterness from you.

Context is needed here.

Jumping into a player leading with the elbow - there was a breaking ball there, McCann wasn't the only lad throwing himself into the mix there, the ball is patted down the opposite way and McCann has to change direction from his momentum to follow it. It's very unlucky for Rogers but I'm not sure of the malice or intent there from McCann. You could make a case for a red card on grounds of dangerous or reckless play but certainly not striking or intent - that's just your bitterness coming to the fore.

Wildweasel74

Just see it there, don't know if its a red card, but its a def yellow, the fact that the ref was straight in front of it and didn't give a free like the Lynn incident says volumes about his capacity to ref, not a wonder they bringing in the women to ref

north down

A hell of a lot of whinging here from Derry supporters - they are really letting themselves down. If Derry had of closed it out in the dying seconds and held on to win by a point, then none of these non-events being scrutinised would have been mentioned. Derry need to learn from their mistakes and not continue to make excuses.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:29:36 PM
It clearly wasn't a strike.

If anything it was dangerous and wreckless, it's certainly not clear cut in any way. Only McCann will know if there was any intent involved.

Not a strike, but dangerous and reckless you say?

From gaa.ie, among the list of Immediate Ordering Off Infractions (Red Cards)

Inflicting injury recklessly.

http://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/

A clear red card all year long.

ONeill

A lot of Derry boys on here obviously jealous of Tiernan's winter tan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

I suspect the Derry management will blow every incident from Saturday nights game and potential incidents from the upcoming league game out of all proportion in the media over the the coming weeks. Emmett McGuckin already dipped his toe into this tactic with the comments about Mickey sending Cathal McCarron on to get him sent off. They know the media will jump all over these sort of things regarding Tyrone and by the time the Championship comes around such a frenzy will be created that any self respecting referee will head to Celtic Park to teach Tyrone a lesson by ignoring all claims for frees and sending off as many Tyrone players as he can.

Derry will kick the shite out of Tyrone knowing they will get away with blue murder against the big bad Tyrone machine and win by a point. The perfect plan by Barton who will be lauded as a genius.

It'll all backfire though as Tyrone lift Sam again by our favoured backdoor route and Derry lose to Cavan next time out and Wicklow in a qualifier.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Haha this has made my day. Season hasn't begun and we've already bate Derry three times. We've Armagh commentators losing the run of themselves and now the first BBT (big bad Tyrone) campaign of the season has begun. Great craic.

redhandefender

God its great being better than derry!

Traveller

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 24, 2016, 10:59:48 PM
I suspect the Derry management will blow every incident from Saturday nights game and potential incidents from the upcoming league game out of all proportion in the media over the the coming weeks. Emmett McGuckin already dipped his toe into this tactic with the comments about Mickey sending Cathal McCarron on to get him sent off. They know the media will jump all over these sort of things regarding Tyrone and by the time the Championship comes around such a frenzy will be created that any self respecting referee will head to Celtic Park to teach Tyrone a lesson by ignoring all claims for frees and sending off as many Tyrone players as he can.

Derry will kick the shite out of Tyrone knowing they will get away with blue murder against the big bad Tyrone machine and win by a point. The perfect plan by Barton who will be lauded as a genius.

It'll all backfire though as Tyrone lift Sam again by our favoured backdoor route and Derry lose to Cavan next time out and Wicklow in a qualifier.
The video they are talking about was posted by the Derry video analyst FFS he's about as responsible with his work as his boss on a pitch.

Whishtup

The bit of jundyin' against Derry in the McKenna cup is one thing but if any of that retaliatory or reactionary stuff (no need) happens at the latter end of the year (should we be there) against the Saintly Dubs, Mayonesians or Yerra's, we're screwed.  McCurry seemed to use the skirmish he was involved in to his advantage by playing a stormer.  That's how you win the fight.

tbrick18

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:29:36 PM
It clearly wasn't a strike.

If anything it was dangerous and wreckless, it's certainly not clear cut in any way. Only McCann will know if there was any intent involved.

Dangerous and wreckless you say but not a strike....OK...have a read of rule 5 and in particular the parts in bold.
To the letter of the law, he should have been sent off. So should McKindless for the sliding tackle. So should whoever that was who took Lynn out. An so should everyone who was involved in the incident along the endline.

RULE 5 - AGGRESSIVE FOULS
5.1 To strike or attempt to strike an opponent with
head, arm, elbow, hand or knee.
5.2 To kick or attempt to kick an opponent, with
minimal force.
5.3 To kick an opponent, either with force or
causing injury.
5.4 To attempt to kick an opponent, with force.
5.5 To stamp on an opponent.
5.6 To behave in any way which is dangerous to
an opponent.

5.7 To inflict injury recklessly on an opponent by
means other than those stated above.

5.8 To spit at an opponent.
5.9 To contribute to a melee
5.10 To strike, attempt to strike, to interfere with,
or to use threatening or abusive language or
conduct to a Match Official.
5.11 To assault an opposing Team Official.
Penalty for the above Fouls -
(i) Order offender off.
(ii) Free kick from where Foul occurred,
except as provided under Exceptions of
Rule 2.2.
5.12 To commit any of the fouls listed in Rule 5.1 to
Rule 5.8 inclusive against a team-mate.
Penalty -
(i) Order offender off.

never kickt a ball

A path well worn by a few of our Ulster friends. While they're using every avenue of media to whinge at the minute I predict that come championship time they will be refusing to speak to the media creating a seige mentality.............

screenexile

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 25, 2016, 12:21:25 AM

A path well worn by a few of our Ulster friends. While they're using every avenue of media to whinge at the minute I predict that come championship time they will be refusing to speak to the media creating a seige mentality.............

The way you lads don't speak to RTE??!!! :o :o :o

No wides

Quote from: red hander on January 24, 2016, 07:18:58 PM
Quote from: No wides on January 24, 2016, 11:01:33 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 24, 2016, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: No wides on January 24, 2016, 10:43:51 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 24, 2016, 09:43:14 AM
The Fix for Six starts here.

The Tyronies will be in heaven at seven, at this stage it must rank as one of the greatest GAA achievements this century, 5 in a row, unbelievable achievement. must bode well for croke park in september.

Winning is better than losing though! How's your strategy of losing games going for you?

I agree, I am saying it is an unbelievable achievement, you all must be very proud.

Nah, we're prouder of our three Sams. That's three Sams...

You should start a thread about that, staying on topic I'll say again, unbelievable achievement 5 McKenna Cups in a row, doubt it will ever be matched, amazing achievement, fair play.