McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 09:56:35 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:52:06 PM
People are seeing what they want to see.

I see clear evidence of McNamee striking to the head - not the chest. Bang to rights on that one. Should have been a red card.

McCann does make contact with the elbow but its not a swinging or a pointed elbow. Its tight against his body in a natural position. If he did that deliberately he disguised it brilliantly. No red card

Get your eyes tested on the McNamee one, mate.

Q.E.D.

smelmoth

I see clear evidence of McNamee striking to the head - not the chest. Bang to rights on that one. Should have been a red card.

McCann does make contact with the elbow but its not a swinging or a pointed elbow. Its tight against his body in a natural position. If he did that deliberately he disguised it brilliantly. No red card

I am using the word "head" to refer the brain containing body part located above the neck.
I am using the word "chest" to refer to the lung containing body part located below the neck.

I think this is the argument that we defer on

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:59:53 PM

I am using the word "head" to refer the brain containing body part located above the neck.
I am using the word "chest" to refer to the lung containing body part located below the neck.

I gathered that's what you were saying, pal. Hence why I said you need your eyes tested.

Champion The Wonder Horse

From the Tyrone GAA website, red card offences include:

To strike or attempt to strike an opponent with head, arm, elbow, hand or knee

No mention of swinging or pointed elbows. No mention of natural positions. No mention of it being deliberate. Strike with the elbow = red card.

A clear red card all year long. But despite being hoisted on your own petard, keep fighting your own fight.

smelmoth

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:04:53 PM

I gathered that's what you were saying, pal. Hence why I said you need your eyes tested.

I know you are not going to change your mind so I'm not going to try. But I would plead with you to do just one thing - hand over your car keys and driver's licence to a responsible adult. You cannot in good conscience take to the road in control of a vehicle. Being totally serious. Calm down and start to believe what your eyes are really seeing.

Wildweasel74

You lads are nobody to complain about men going down given the antics of Jordan, McGuigan and McCann in the past., and the master diver, Big Sean

smelmoth

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 10:11:24 PM

No mention of swinging or pointed elbows. No mention of natural positions. No mention of it being deliberate. Strike with the elbow = red card.

A clear red card all year long. But despite being hoisted on your own petard, keep fighting your own fight.

You have lost the run of yourself there. The arm is tucked against his own body. Any contact with his elbow in that position cannot be a red card?

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 10:15:13 PM

You have lost the run of yourself there. The arm is tucked against his own body. Any contact with his elbow in that position cannot be a red card?

He struck an opponent with his elbow, as you admitted earlier. Stone wall red card, per rule book.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone who thinks the McCann challenge is a red card should forget about ever going to a game of football.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
Anyone who thinks the McCann challenge is a red card should forget about ever going to a game of football.

He jumped into a player leading with his elbow causing the player to get 14 stitches...on what planet is that not a red card?? He got a man sent off for rubbing his f**king head!!!

smelmoth

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 10:17:10 PM

He struck an opponent with his elbow, as you admitted earlier. Stone wall red card, per rule book.

I said he made contact with the elbow. Not all contact is a strike, You do know that????

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 10:12:08 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 10:04:53 PM

I know you are not going to change your mind so I'm not going to try. But I would plead with you to do just one thing - hand over your car keys and driver's licence to a responsible adult. You cannot in good conscience take to the road in control of a vehicle. Being totally serious. Calm down and start to believe what your eyes are really seeing.

I think you're in denial and trying to reflect your own insecurities onto me.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 10:19:41 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 24, 2016, 10:18:01 PM

He jumped into a player leading with his elbow causing the player to get 14 stitches...on what planet is that not a red card?? He got a man sent off for rubbing his f**king head!!!
The injury the player picked up, while awful is irrelevant to whether its a red card or not, as is McCanns previous history of transgressions .

Im sorry lads, thats not a red in a million years
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 10:19:47 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 10:17:10 PM

I said he made contact with the elbow. Not all contact is a strike, You do know that????

Of course I do, but in the interests of fairness, I googled strike.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/strike

to deliver (a blow or stroke) to (a person)
to come or cause to come into sudden or violent contact (with)

Based on the above, it was a clear strike and a clear red card.

You shouldn't drink on a sunday night.

Il Bomber Destro

It clearly wasn't a strike.

If anything it was dangerous and wreckless, it's certainly not clear cut in any way. Only McCann will know if there was any intent involved.