McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Thought young rodgers injury was as a result of accidental clash with a team mate but after seeing footage on Twitter McCann with a far from accidental elbow did the damage ,

ONeill

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 08:35:33 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 24, 2016, 07:46:35 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
No ruckus would have started of the keeper didn't try to lift the Derry man up,that started the whole thing, still think an automatic red to the 3rd man into any row. flare up would cut out any row ever happening  in Gaelic football or any other sport for that matter

Agree totally. As the rules stand I feel the referee got the cards right in this incident. For a team that takes gamesmanship to the brink Tyrone cannot really complain when an opposition player overreacts. At least the Derry man got enough contact to send him to the ground. Still Tyrone can play football when they want too. Derry also seem to have improved. Should be a cracker in May.

As an Armagh man I have to say the Athletic Grounds has a great atmosphere and there have been a number of exciting games there in the last while.

No ruckus would have started if the Derry man hadn't feigned being hit in the face.

Some twits among the bushes. No ruckus would have started if the ref hadn't thrown the ball in. No ruckus would have started if Michael Cusack hadn't founded the GAA. No ruckus would have started if they'd left Loughinsholin in county Tyrone in 1613.

The lack of self-awareness on this thread from the Tyrone folk is unreal. No wonder Omagh CBS has given up the ghost.

We'll give yiz Mountjoy if we can have Maghera back. Upperlands can stay.

Had to look that 1613 Charter up. Wonder if Enda Lynn is one of the O'Floinns.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2016, 08:43:49 PM
Thought young rodgers injury was as a result of accidental clash with a team mate but after seeing footage on Twitter McCann with a far from accidental elbow did the damage ,

Any links NE?

redzone

Yeah he jumped into him alright but in fairness he was lookin at the ball. U honestly trying to say that he elbowed him in the face deliberately right in front of the ref. Rodgers was unlucky in that he was kind of crouched over when it happened

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on January 24, 2016, 09:03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/BMG_11/status/691312301153083394

Can't argue with that. Despicable, clear red card. Can't wait to see that defended.

Oh look, it already has been.

oakleafgael

Quote from: redzone on January 24, 2016, 09:19:34 PM
Yeah he jumped into him alright but in fairness he was lookin at the ball. U honestly trying to say that he elbowed him in the face deliberately right in front of the ref. Rodgers was unlucky in that he was kind of crouched over when it happened

Jesus Christ lad would you quit defending the indefensible. He led with his elbow into another player, that alone damns him regardless of the result.

Regarding the rest of the sending offs/non sending offs. McCarron was unlucky and will likely get his overturned. Barton shouldn't be getting involved in shite like that but its no surprise that he is. Morgan should have seen a straight red as should McNamee, slide tackle is a red card as well all day long.

smelmoth

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 09:21:47 PM

Can't argue with that. Despicable, clear red card. Can't wait to see that defended.

That is not in any way a clear red card.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:27:51 PM

Why not, Tiernan?

That's Tadhg Kennelly / Nicholas Murphy stuff there.

Thread's gone quiet. Very quiet.

screenexile

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 24, 2016, 09:29:03 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:27:51 PM

Why not, Tiernan?

That's Tadhg Kennelly / Nicholas Murphy stuff there.

Tiernan McCanns reputation as a coward just reinforced by that clip. So what he was looking at the ball he led straight into another player with an elbow! Hopefully he gets another hefty ban for this although he'll likely appeal the indefensible again rather than man up and accept his punishment!!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on January 24, 2016, 08:07:34 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 07:48:31 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on January 24, 2016, 07:46:35 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 07:00:56 PM
No ruckus would have started of the keeper didn't try to lift the Derry man up,that started the whole thing, still think an automatic red to the 3rd man into any row. flare up would cut out any row ever happening  in Gaelic football or any other sport for that matter

Agree totally. As the rules stand I feel the referee got the cards right in this incident. For a team that takes gamesmanship to the brink Tyrone cannot really complain when an opposition player overreacts. At least the Derry man got enough contact to send him to the ground. Still Tyrone can play football when they want too. Derry also seem to have improved. Should be a cracker in May.

As an Armagh man I have to say the Athletic Grounds has a great atmosphere and there have been a number of exciting games there in the last while.

No ruckus would have started if the Derry man hadn't feigned being hit in the face.

Watch it again. The video clearly shows mcnamee pushing/striking him firmly in the throat/chin area. Mcnamee was lucky to escape with only a yellow card. Mccarron was possibly a bit unlucky in this instance as he only seems to push barton in the chest.

It actually doesn't clearly show that at all. He gets pushed in the chest and goes down clutching his face.

smelmoth

People are seeing what they want to see.

I see clear evidence of McNamee striking to the head - not the chest. Bang to rights on that one. Should have been a red card.

McCann does make contact with the elbow but its not a swinging or a pointed elbow. Its tight against his body in a natural position. If he did that deliberately he disguised it brilliantly. No red card

Throw ball

Quote from: smelmoth on January 24, 2016, 09:52:06 PM

I see clear evidence of McNamee striking to the head - not the chest. Bang to rights on that one. Should have been a red card.

McCann does make contact with the elbow but its not a swinging or a pointed elbow. Its tight against his body in a natural position. If he did that deliberately he disguised it brilliantly. No red card

I think you are fighting a losing battle here. (Not with me by the way!)

Il Bomber Destro

Get your eyes tested on the McNamee one, mate.

redhandefender

Spot on, mc namee deserved to go was stupid. his man didnt get hit in the face possibly pushed in the neck.

Mc Cann had elbows at side and mans head was down, and he wasnt looking. If the fella had been standing up straight he wouldnt have even flinched.

My how Derry and Armagh have slipped that they have to go down this line of bitter crying. Roll on the league