McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Its Bartons mouth that gets him in trouble. Played against him when he was coaching Donaghmore and he was involved in a few incidents along the line.  got his gob shut for him that night too  :D

tbrick18

haha. All part of the master plan.

Most of you tirronie inbred red-arses seem to be happier about beating Derry than you are about winning the McKenna Cup.
After all this time yous still seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to us. Yous really need to move on.

Happy enough with Derry tonight, should have won it in normal time. I really dont know where all the injury time came from. Played 2 or 3 minutes more than announced injury and the last free at the death which drew the game was questionable at best. I think we should have had another penalty in the first half before the one we got too.
Tyrone the better side in extra time. I think tactically MH got the extra time approach spot on...running on subs flat out in that first period. Frantic first period for them was enough to win it.

Its all about development for Derry at the minute. A lot of young new players and most acquitted themselves well against a team that is highly rated (wrongly IMO....top 6 team but not genuine AI contenders I feel). Plenty of  players to come back in, Lynch, McGuckian, the coleraine contingent, Dermot McBride.....there's probably about 5-6 players missing there tonight.

All in all, disappointing result but pleasing performance and showing signs of improvement. What more can any team ask for other than showing improvement.
I still have a gut feeling we'll win the first game in the championship. The only one that really matters.

Throw ball

For what it is worth I felt the Derry fella tackle was rash and should have got a yellow. McNamee did push/hit him in the chin area so should have got a straight red. Barton should have been nowhere near the incident but McCarron pushed him in back. Red was harsh but can see why it was given. For me Morgan should not have went near the Derry player and should have been booked.

If I was a Tyrone man I would worry about McNamee's discipline. He could easily have seen red in UUJ match against Armagh too.

Carmen Stateside

Fair play to Derry they should have had it in normal time but Im afraid youins have peaked to soon this season.  Be another long summer.

screenexile

Wasn't at it but just heard bits and pieces. On the schemozzle yeah it was a wreckless tackle a yellow card but nothing more, the dive was a bit much for me but McNamee deserved his second yellow as well regardless, McKinless is close to the Loughshore so your own nonsense may have rubbed off on him. Barton coming running over was a bit ridiculous but I wasn't sad to see McCarron getting sent off as he well deserved it.

In term of Barton running over it looked like a bit of fire and passion and if it instills it into our lads then fair enough.

All in all we should have closed the game out and we also shouldn't have disappeared in Extra time.  Wouldn't read a whole pile into it for Championship save to say it will be tighter than many around the Country think. Tyrone for their run last year aren't as good as made out and I'd still fancy Donegal and Monaghan against them in Ulster. We aren't as bad as shown last year and I think Barton and Scullion will lift the whole team. We won't win Ulster and we may not win thr first round but I think we'll give the Tymoanies a real rattle!

God14

Wildweasel74

In the grand scheme of things the pick of both teams there the night would not trouble the dubs, maybe that's is why there is a big focus on the championship game, after that game there be little more on offer, Would fancy Donegal for Ulster at Present.

tbrick18

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 12:28:13 AM
Dunno if I'll ever get over this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HbynMBoXo

That was actually my first ever game in Croker. My auld fella took me and I didnt really know too many of the tyrone men and only marginally more of the derry men.
Was a great experience as a cub.
The National League meant something back then.
Looking at that wee clip....Peter had hair! Matty Mcgleenan, I actually liked him.
Dermot Heaney was a great player at his peak too.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2016, 12:43:18 AM
I think it's time we forgot about football and focused on which county really are inbred. We can't continue with this nonsense of each county calling each other the same derogatory name.

Knockloughrim is mad for inbreedin and I've never encountered anyone disputing that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 12:45:58 AM
In the grand scheme of things the pick of both teams there the night would not trouble the dubs, maybe that's is why there is a big focus on the championship game, after that game there be little more on offer, Would fancy Donegal for Ulster at Present.

Can't agree with that. Tyrone have to be short odds favourites for Ulster. Donegal and Monaghan have both emptied the tank at this stage. Come August Tyrone should be playing Mayo in an all-Ireland semi-final with a realistic chance of making the final. Anything else is abject failure. A last twelve appearance for us would represent decent progress.

tbrick18

Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 12:48:44 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2016, 12:43:18 AM
I think it's time we forgot about football and focused on which county really are inbred. We can't continue with this nonsense of each county calling each other the same derogatory name.

Knockloughrim is mad for inbreedin and I've never encountered anyone disputing that.

You could say the same of Derrytresk....Coalisland....Sion Mills....Strabane....feck its a long list. ;)

Wildweasel74

1 in 3 people in Morotown are called Quinn, i think we close the inbredding case there!!!

rrhf

Great craic altogether. Bartons weaknesses exposed again. Sets up the season nicely.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 24, 2016, 12:47:13 AM
Quote from: ONeill on January 24, 2016, 12:28:13 AM
Dunno if I'll ever get over this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HbynMBoXo

That was actually my first ever game in Croker. My auld fella took me and I didnt really know too many of the tyrone men and only marginally more of the derry men.
Was a great experience as a cub.
The National League meant something back then.
Looking at that wee clip....Peter had hair! Matty Mcgleenan, I actually liked him.
Dermot Heaney was a great player at his peak too.

Dermot Heaney was a magnificent footballer. He would be in my best ever Derry team, the only one of the '93 forward line who would make it.

Wildweasel74

In relation to Mayo i say they could pose Dublin the most problems if they found an inside forward. Mayo are that cocky they are already looking at an All-ireland final as they are playing Ulster opposition in the semi. Nothing like been over confident, check the Mayo threads