Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:39:45 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 23, 2016, 11:28:44 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:27:23 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 23, 2016, 11:21:35 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:17:15 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 23, 2016, 11:13:24 PM
That video does not look good for the Derry player? Slides in with a career threatening sliding tackle and the lies down holding his face when pushed in the (albeit) upper chest. What a poor showing from whoever it was.

What was Barton thinking running into a fracas like that? That the sort of thing you would expect from Geezer.

Derry the better side tonight. Good crowd. Couldn't get the picture of the two men embracing as they were directly to my left and had seemed like decent folk and chatted away all evening.
Its a brainless tackle. It not carerr threatening.
he holds his face after McNamee hits him in the face

If McNamees foot was planted then it could have been career ending. He dived. Lay like a big baby. No contact was made with his face so why did he go down holding it.
If you watched that game all the way through (and I mean watched rather than listened to the CLEARLY biased anti-tyrone commentary) you would not be choosing diving as your weapon of choice.

The contact is with the face. the picture shows this. If you are going to deny the evidence you are clearly not interested in facts

Deny evidence?? You said the sliding tackle wasn't dangerous??
The mere fact that it was sliding does not make it dangerous. Sliding tackles happen all the time in other sports

Is that your reason why this wasn't a dangerous tackle? Seriously? I'll leave it at that then.
That was never a square ball!!

LCohen

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 23, 2016, 11:41:46 PM
That video does not look good for the Derry player? Slides in with a career threatening sliding tackle and the lies down holding his face when pushed in the (albeit) upper chest. What a poor showing from whoever it was.

What was Barton thinking running into a fracas like that? That the sort of thing you would expect from Geezer.

Derry the better side tonight. Good crowd. Couldn't get the picture of the two men embracing as they were directly to my left and had seemed like decent folk and chatted away all evening.

If McNamees foot was planted then it could have been career ending. He dived. Lay like a big baby. No contact was made with his face so why did he go down holding it.
If you watched that game all the way through (and I mean watched rather than listened to the CLEARLY biased anti-tyrone commentary) you would not be choosing diving as your weapon of choice.

The contact is with the face. the picture shows this. If you are going to deny the evidence you are clearly not interested in facts

The mere fact that it was sliding does not make it dangerous. Sliding tackles happen all the time in other sports

Is that your reason why this wasn't a dangerous tackle? Seriously? I'll leave it at that then.
What danger do they present in other sports?

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:44:26 PM

I suppose in soccer there is no danger. They wear those pad things to keep their ankles company.

LCohen

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 23, 2016, 11:50:08 PM

I suppose in soccer there is no danger. They wear those pad things to keep their ankles company.
But those pads protect against kicks around the ankle and shin (valid in that game) and boot or stud tackles around the ankle or shin. they do nothing to protect against this career threatening capcaity of leg-on-leg sliding tackles

ONeill

Barton is some bollocks though running 40 yards to intervene in a free. Hope he's worth the money.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LCohen

Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2016, 11:53:42 PM
Barton is some bollocks though running 40 yards to intervene in a free.
True
Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2016, 11:53:42 PM
Hope he's worth the money.
Shsssh

LCohen

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2016, 11:54:41 PM
He swings his kick at knee height! The ball was never off the ground. That's dangerous.
The position of the ball is one of the 2 things that make it brainless. But how does it make it dangerous?

Does he kick him? A kick is traditionally with the boot, surely?

SkillfulBill

Broken legs. There is a reason why sliding tackles are not allowed in Gaelic Football. I hope Barton is dealt with. What was he doing down at the goal end ? if he can't set an example to his players I don't see much hope for Derry once the heat comes in the league and championship if Barton finds such difficulty controlling himself in a McKenna cup game.

Moortown Spuds

Horse very well behaved tonight compared to his Oak Leaf counterpart. Good to see. Having a wind up jack in the box has no benefit to any team.

It was a dangerous tackle.

It was a push. Not a punch. It's clear as day in Jerome's video.

It was a sinister ploy to get McNamee sent off and close the game out which backfired spectacularly.

The man with the best view was Morgan who immediate reaction was to tell the ferry player to get up.

The ref was brutal. Any ref that feels the need to blow the whistle 6 times for a single infraction shpuld be demoted.

Il Bomber Destro

Barton sent himself on to get a Tyrone player sent off.

LCohen

Quote from: SkillfulBill on January 23, 2016, 11:57:49 PM

Broken legs. There is a reason why sliding tackles are not allowed in Gaelic Football. I hope Barton is dealt with. What was he doing down at the goal end ? if he can't set an example to his players I don't see much hope for Derry once the heat comes in the league and championship if Barton finds such difficulty controlling himself in a McKenna cup game.
Agree on all that is said re Barton. Leg on leg tackles result in broken legs with what frequency?

Wildweasel74

You c***ts know all about lying down to get people sent off, bit of a wee speciality in Tyrone

BennyHarp

So it's fine then in your view? How many sports, bar soccer, do you regularly see slide tackling in anyway? Players don't bend down to pick up the ball in soccer and when that sort of tackle happens on a goalkeeper people are not amused. McNamee thankfully saw the lad coming and didn't plant his feet to bend and pick the ball up. The lad coming in didn't give a shite if he was following through on ankles, shins, hands or arms. Sliding in like that when a guy is highly likely to be bending over to pick a ball up is a dangerous and cowardly act in my view, they clearly view things a bit differently were you are from.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 12:01:05 AM
You c***ts know all about lying down to get people sent off, bit of a wee speciality in Tyrone

Good lad, let it out! And some people say they don't care about the McKenna cup

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 12:01:05 AM

You can literally taste the disappointment and bitterness.

Unlucky Derry. Very cynical performance but you need to brush up on your skills a bit more.