McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moortown Spuds

That video does not look good for the Derry player? Slides in with a career threatening sliding tackle and the lies down holding his face when pushed in the (albeit) upper chest. What a poor showing from whoever it was.

What was Barton thinking running into a fracas like that? That the sort of thing you would expect from Geezer.

Derry the better side tonight. Good crowd. Couldn't get the picture of the two men embracing as they were directly to my left and had seemed like decent folk and chatted away all evening.

ONeill

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:12:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 23, 2016, 11:10:01 PM
Why is it a straight red?
McNamee?? Striking. Red card all day long

He pushed him. The inbred lad stayed down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LCohen

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 23, 2016, 11:13:24 PM
That video does not look good for the Derry player? Slides in with a career threatening sliding tackle and the lies down holding his face when pushed in the (albeit) upper chest. What a poor showing from whoever it was.

What was Barton thinking running into a fracas like that? That the sort of thing you would expect from Geezer.

Derry the better side tonight. Good crowd. Couldn't get the picture of the two men embracing as they were directly to my left and had seemed like decent folk and chatted away all evening.
Its a brainless tackle. It not career threatening.
he holds his face after McNamee hits him in the face

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:17:15 PM

Its a brainless tackle. It not carerr threatening.

If McNamees foot was planted then it could have been career ending. He dived. Lay like a big baby. No contact was made with his face so why did he go down holding it.

LCohen

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2016, 11:19:05 PM

It was certainly more than just 'brainless'. It was pretty dangerous and he knew exactly what he was at.

It wasn't dangerous. It is brainless beciause its well outside the rules and he knew that. Yes he did know what he was doing. If McNamee's preferred pushing technique is one handed and with a close fist then a rethink is perhaps warranted

BennyHarp

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:22:45 PM

It was certainly more than just 'brainless'. It was pretty dangerous and he knew exactly what he was at.

It wasn't dangerous. It is brainless beciause its well outside the rules and he knew that. Yes he did know what he was doing. Completely ruining. If McNamee's preferred pushing technique is one handed and with a close fist then a rethink is perhaps warranted

It was dangerous AND brainless. Barton would need to calm down a tad too. It's only the McKenna Cup after all.
That was never a square ball!!

LCohen

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on January 23, 2016, 11:21:35 PM

If McNamees foot was planted then it could have been career ending. He dived. Lay like a big baby. No contact was made with his face so why did he go down holding it.
If you watched that game all the way through (and I mean watched rather than listened to the CLEARLY biased anti-tyrone commentary) you would not be choosing diving as your weapon of choice.

The contact is with the face. the picture shows this. If you are going to deny the evidence you are clearly not interested in facts

BennyHarp

Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:27:23 PM

If you watched that game all the way through (and I mean watched rather than listened to the CLEARLY biased anti-tyrone commentary) you would not be choosing diving as your weapon of choice.

The contact is with the face. the picture shows this. If you are going to deny the evidence you are clearly not interested in facts

Deny evidence?? You said the sliding tackle wasn't dangerous??
That was never a square ball!!

LCohen

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 23, 2016, 11:24:27 PM

It wasn't dangerous. It is brainless beciause its well outside the rules and he knew that. Yes he did know what he was doing. Completely ruining. If McNamee's preferred pushing technique is one handed and with a close fist then a rethink is perhaps warranted

It was dangerous AND brainless. Barton would need to calm down a tad too. It's only the McKenna Cup after all.
Agree re Barton. And re the McKenna Cup

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

LCohen

Quote from: hardstation on January 23, 2016, 11:30:35 PM

It wasn't dangerous. It is brainless beciause its well outside the rules and he knew that. Yes he did know what he was doing. If McNamee's preferred pushing technique is one handed and with a close fist then a rethink is perhaps warranted
How can you say it wasn't dangerous ffs?
Because its leg against leg. Not Boot or stud against leg. If you have played any Saturday morning soccer you would have seen and received tackles like that weekly. But not a litany of broken legs or ruined careers

Gabriel_Hurl

Club Rossa

Though I'm never one for getting excited about the McKenna cup,it's always nice to beat Derry.Tyrone looked dead and buried going into injury time and Derry made bad work to let them back into it.Cant comment on the dust up which produced the red cards as I was 80 yards away.All I could make out of it was Barton lying on his arse.Tyrone much the better team in extra time.Best of luck to the Derry lad who was stretchered off,didn't look good for him.Was it Enda Lynn?

LCohen

Quote from: Club Rossa on January 23, 2016, 11:35:52 PM
Though I'm never one for getting excited about the McKenna cup,it's always nice to beat Derry.Tyrone looked dead and buried going into injury time and Derry made bad work to let them back into it.Cant comment on the dust up which produced the red cards as I was 80 yards away.All I could make out of it was Barton lying on his arse.Tyrone much the better team in extra time.Best of luck to the Derry lad who was stretchered off,didn't look good for him.Was it Enda Lynn?
Derry might concentrate on why the didn't close it out but the non-show at the start of extra time was criminal

LCohen

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 23, 2016, 11:28:44 PM
Quote from: LCohen on January 23, 2016, 11:27:23 PM

Deny evidence?? You said the sliding tackle wasn't dangerous??
The mere fact that it was sliding does not make it dangerous. Sliding tackles happen all the time in other sports