McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 17, 2016, 11:43:02 PM
Derry's new tactic seems to be diving for penalties to gain an advantage.  Do their forwards have Stevie G as a role model perhaps?

Why look to soccer when we can look to our neighbouring McKenna Cup kingpins for inspiration. Take your pick from Canavan, Jordan, Cavanagh (both) or McCann . . .  ;D ;D

currychip

In what matches were there dives?  Not the Tyrone game, as you could see from the Irish News footage. Is it the Cavan game?  Didn't see it.

FermGael

Very competitive in the first half.  Probably should have been a few more ahead because we really did boss possession. 
Eoin Donnelly was dominating midfield but we kicked too much silly ball on top of our full forward line.
A bit more patience was needed at times to break down the Tyrone defensive system.

The Tyrone second half subs of Matty Donnelly and Sean Cavanagh really did turn the game.
Coupled with Eoin getting a second Yellow after 10 minutes and then conceding a very soft goal it really was game over. 

Few new men found and I think about 5 or 6 players who I would expect to start to hopefully come back before the start of the league, its been a good campaign for us.
Hopefully those players are all back from injury because they are the more physical players in our team and they will be needed for the Meath game at home.
We have Derry away first but they seem to be flying this year and it will be a hard ask to get anything from that game.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JoG2

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 17, 2016, 11:43:02 PM
Derry's new tactic seems to be diving for penalties to gain an advantage.  Do their forwards have Stevie G as a role model perhaps?

Inspirational stuff

God14

Wonder will Linwood's armagh TV stream the final?

FermGael

Was the final not live on BBC on the red button last year?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

redhandefender

Quote from: FermGael on January 18, 2016, 10:46:22 AM

It was, just after some irish league soccer match Ir ecall. Eoin Donnelly is some operator, if only tyrone had him!

In reality none of these derry matches matter but I suppose its better to keep the winning trend going or do you give the losing team the psychological edge come championship, its hard to know but I imagine the championship game when it comes along to be a 1 - 0 borefest as they will know each other that well!

sensethetone

Quote from: redhandefender on January 18, 2016, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: FermGael on January 18, 2016, 10:46:22 AM

It was, just after some irish league soccer match Ir ecall. Eoin Donnelly is some operator, if only tyrone had him!

In reality none of these derry matches matter but I suppose its better to keep the winning trend going or do you give the losing team the psychological edge come championship, its hard to know but I imagine the championship game when it comes along to be a 1 - 0 borefest as they will know each other that well!

1 - 0 to Derry as they have home advantage? lol

redzone

Fair plays  to Fermanagh yesterday for a gallant first half performance. To go in level at half time with Tyrone just shows the good work that has been done by wee Pete. Yes Eoin Donnelly is a grt player, and I was really looking forward to seeing the man who a lot of people claimed should have got an allstar last year, Sean quiqley. He hit a Beauty with his left foot and seemed to be causing problems in the first 20 min, but he just completely ran out of steam. Id say he's easily the most unfittest county player I have ever seen. He can strike a ball alright but that's about it. If Tyrone had of had their shooting boots on it could have ended up a 12- 15 pt margin, plenty to work on for us. Morgan has to be first choice for sure. Mccaliskey had no bother stroking over a 45 but missed a sitter at the start from 25yards.serious competition for starting places and even for a place on the squad. Things are building nicely and we def would have the strongest squad in Ulster by a mile.

No wides

Fair play to Tyrone - 5 in a row, will never be equaled - amazing side, Dublin are crapping themselves.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: No wides on January 18, 2016, 10:32:27 PM
Fair play to Tyrone - 5 in a row, will never be equaled - amazing side, Dublin are crapping themselves.

When was the final played?

The Sweeper.com

We not too worried about the 5. More interested in our fourth (Sam that is) ;) ;)

imtommygunn

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 18, 2016, 10:55:06 PM

After reading redzone's post they decided there was no point in playing it  8)  In fact the championship is cancelled - just take sam home now.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2016, 08:57:11 AM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 18, 2016, 10:55:06 PM

After reading redzone's post they decided there was no point in playing it  8)  In fact the championship is cancelled - just take sam home now.

Redzone had too much sugar before bedtime!