McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Everyman, that's just ridiculous. Antrim were middling enough on the night, emptying the bench with players who didn't get any game time previously. Twelve Antrim players declaring for university too, would make a big difference.

What was the score in 35 minutes of the second half? It was four points each - hardly one way traffic! Antrim owned the ball for long periods too but finishing let us down. But credit to Tyrone, yis are back on track, a well drilled outfit to be fair.

everymanaman

It took Antrim 33 minutes to score in the first half. Their last 4 points were in the closing stages. They didn't score from play. Their handling skills and conditioning were very poor in my humble opinion. Tyrone never got out of first gear because they didn't have to.

The Trap

Tyrone are a brilliant McKenna Cup Team!

everymanaman

Quote from: The Trap on January 15, 2016, 10:29:27 AM
Tyrone are a brilliant McKenna Cup Team!
Very insightful. Right from the Pat Spillane school of punditry

The Trap

Don't be getting to worked up everymanaman, its only the McKenna Cup!

stew

We are in rough shape obviously, I was hoping we could reach the AIQF in 2016 but I think we will be two and done and I expect McGeeney to walk if that happens.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Derry Optimist

In October Damian Barton selected 50 players in his provisional Senior football panel for 2016.Apart from the college-tied players many of this panel have so far seen varying lengths of game - time in the McKenna Cup ties.This is very understandable and undoubtedly good practice both from a Management point of view and the perspective of the players.Damian also said that for a variety of reasons Niall Holly,Patsdy Bradley and Gerard O'Kane would not be available for the

red hander

Quote from: Derry Optimist on January 15, 2016, 03:24:31 PM
In October Damian Barton selected 50 players in his provisional Senior football panel for 2016.Apart from the college-tied players many of this panel have so far seen varying lengths of game - time in the McKenna Cup ties.This is very understandable and undoubtedly good practice both from a Management point of view and the perspective of the players.Damian also said that for a variety of reasons Niall Holly,Patsdy Bradley and Gerard O'Kane would not be available for the

... go on, we're on tenterhooks here

Main Street

Quote from: stew on January 15, 2016, 03:02:06 PM
We are in rough shape obviously, I was hoping we could reach the AIQF in 2016 but I think we will be two and done and I expect McGeeney to walk if that happens.
Premature despair, Stew.
Not even the McKenna cup wooden spoon is a badge of dishonour.

Aaron Boone

A little Tempo bird told me today that Fermanagh are very up for this year's McKenna Cup. That 1997 was a long time ago.

FermGael

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 15, 2016, 10:02:28 PM
A little Tempo bird told me today that Fermanagh are very up for this year's McKenna Cup. That 1997 was a long time ago.

Rubbish there's no such thing
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ONeill

Good to get out and mix with the Fermanagh ones. Sorta like going back in time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on January 15, 2016, 11:55:16 PM
Good to get out and mix with the Fermanagh ones. Sorta like going back in time.
it will take a inch or two from your stride

cavanmaniac

Quote from: FermGael on January 15, 2016, 10:09:37 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 15, 2016, 10:02:28 PM

Rubbish there's no such thing

;D

Throw ball

The Cavan v Derry game is live on Linwoods Armagh TV at a cost of £3

http://www.armaghgaa.net/armaghtv/