McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinker

And if a person is rich as most on this Board seem to be - then they can look after Club - first - always first - but after - family/friends - and accept the McKenna Cup for what it is and enjoy every last moment of it.

Would Mungo Jerry get played on the radio now - probably more during Championships time in Ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p11VE9_Hrs
"Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find"

Dodgy stuff.

Itchy

Cavan 3-6 UUJ 0-5 at half time. Paul O Connor on as a sub, scores 2-1 and then gets a black card as the ref was conned by a Kieran Hughes dive.

J70

St Mary's catch Donegal defence asleep with a goal with 2 minutes left to take the lead. Two more quick points after that.

Donegal 0-8 St Marys 2-6

Awful stuff according to Highland commentary

All over 0-8 to 2-6

Donegal kick the game away.

No McKenna Cup this year! :P

FermGael

Down are not good .
I assume that was not full strength as Fermanagh were missing quite a few
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tintin25

Quote from: FermGael on January 10, 2016, 03:48:55 PM
Down are not good .

How did Fermanagh line out? Any newbies look like they could make an impact this season? In fairness, I see that Quigley and Corrigan started and they'd be our two main forwards.  McCusker and Mulrone also played and they'd also be two starters.

redcard

Quote from: Any craic on January 10, 2016, 04:12:47 PM
Video: See all 5 goals from Derry-Tyrone this afternoon..
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/01/08/news/liveblog-derry-v-tyrone-in-the-mckenna-cup-376751/

First class any craic and more importantly an online boost for Derry  ;) Pity they lost the game 1-16 to 4-6. That first penalty looked generous too  :o

Smurfy123

Fermgael

Down had a few starters but pretty much that would be it
Kane,Mooney,Boyle,o Hanlon,McGovern would have played championship last year
The rest will not play any league football this year even
Not good enough
Fermanagh looked will drilled

FermGael

Quote from: tintin25 on January 10, 2016, 04:52:00 PM
Quote from: FermGael on January 10, 2016, 03:48:55 PM
Down are not good .

How did Fermanagh line out? Any newbies look like they could make an impact this season? In fairness, I see that Quigley and Corrigan started and they'd be our two main forwards.  McCusker and Mulrone also played and they'd also be two starters.

Played well but down were poor
Missing R Jones, clucker, cassidy, donnelly, ocallaghan , o brien, r corrigan, tracey of the top of my head from last year's main team.
Ryan hannah looked decent as did conal Jones around the middle. Breen played well in defence. Quigley and Corrigan looked sharp which is good as we need to hit the ground running against Derry

Hard to tell really but down didn't really look that bothered if I am being honest

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

omagh_gael

That was a joke of a decision for the first penalty, great save at the feet of the Derry man. Good to get another result over our northern 'friends' even though it was a Mickey mouse game. Nine points down at half time and to come back (especially conceding a goal so late) was satisfying. Double figure wides and conceding four goals need to be ironed out. Very young team out again so happy to see a bit of fighting spirit.

Any craic

Have a look at the low, side view of the penalty incident on this new video from the game. It shows that the keeper got an awful lot of the player. I know the other angle shows that he touched the ball first but it's still a penalty for most referees..
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2016/01/08/news/liveblog-derry-v-tyrone-in-the-mckenna-cup-376751/?param=ds441rif44T

lenny

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 10, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
That was a joke of a decision for the first penalty, great save at the feet of the Derry man. Good to get another result over our northern 'friends' even though it was a Mickey mouse game. Nine points down at half time and to come back (especially conceding a goal so late) was satisfying. Double figure wides and conceding four goals need to be ironed out. Very young team out again so happy to see a bit of fighting spirit.

2.4 to 1.5 at ht so I make that 2 points in it. First penalty was completely justified and a correct call.

StGallsGAA

Whilst Tyrone weren't 9 points down at half time, they were shortly before it.  Humiliating for Derry to lose a home game when 9 points up.  Great stuff! :)

ONeill

Erm, lads, remember Armagh 2014. Keep yer powder dry for a while.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 10, 2016, 10:41:33 PM
Whilst Tyrone we're 9 points down at half time, they were shortly before it.  Humiliating for Derry to lose a home game when 9 points up.  Great stuff! :)

You're in a healthy place when you're living off another counties victory in the McKenna cup.