Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 21, 2015, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 12:28:59 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 21, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 09:58:40 AM
I see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

I hope its a good fair and physical (probably get jumped on for using that word) contest and if there are a few minor dust ups then so be it, there will be no crying here. Just hope that the game isn't settled by any controversial free kick incidents involving players doing impersonations of dying swans.

No it doesn't. It shows Harte wants to run the rule over everyone before the football in earnest starts with the NFL, and this might be the last semi-competitive game with which to do that.

It's not like he needs to see O'Neill or Donnelly play to know their capabilities, they will be guaranteed starters in any Tyrone first XV. Just to be clear I have no issue with Harte starting them but with the rules which allow such a situation occur. However it does show how serious Harte is treating this match. Armagh have Aidan Forker and James Morgan available now also from St Marys who will be in the starting team come championship, but McGeeney has opted not to start either of them tonight.

He's made 13 changes. I don't think he's taking it any more serious than any other manager. None of the managers will want to lose the game.

13 changes from what, a nothing game against Antrim? Course he treats it more serious than any other manager, his comments over the years and disputes over availability of college players would tell you as much.

13 more changes. Does this mean Harte isn't taking Cavan seriously or that he didn't take Armagh seriously?

rodney trotter

Or maybe it's because it's their 3rd game in a week and wants to look at his panel before the league commences?..

Harte takes the Competition serious more then any other manager, it's not like it's a weak team

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Nigel White on January 22, 2015, 11:18:44 PM
You chose an appropriate user name. That's one of the most poisonous comments ever posted on this Board.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Steady on. Hardly the classiest of comments but if that's the worst McCarron has to put up with over the months ahead then he will be doing pretty well. The boy will need a thick skin and plenty of support which I trust he is getting. Good to see him back playing again, for his own good and for Tyrone.

Making drastic changes from game to game has been par for the course with Mickey the past few seasons. I don't mind it at this stage of the season but I think it does become a real issue when it continues throughout the National League. Above all this season I really want him to get the experimenting out of the way early on and aim to have the nucleus of his team in place as early as possible. He has a number of very good players and he needs to get them established in the key positions and build around them. Changing the team and playing players in different positions from game to game doesn't help with momentum at all. It's also an issue when things go wrong in big games and there isn't a trusted and established spine to the team to help steady the ship. A factor in a few Tyrone championship defeats the past few years IMO.

never kickt a ball

Dr McKenna Cup: Mickey Harte makes 12 Tyrone changes for final

Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Final: Tyrone v Cavan
Venue: Athletic Grounds Date: Saturday, 24 January Throw-in: 19:30 GMT
Coverage: Live video coverage on BBC Sport Website plus Red Button coverage

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has made 12 changes from the semi-final win over Armagh for Saturday's Dr McKenna Cup final against Cavan at the Athletic Grounds [19:30 GMT].
Cathal McCann, Ronan O'Neill and Sean Cavanagh are the only players to retain their places.
Niall Morgan returns in goal with the McMahon brothers Joe and Justin both named in the defence.
The attack includes Mark Donnelly, Kyle Coney, Cavanagh and Niall McKenna.
The McMahon brothers are both included after coming on as substitutes in Wednesday's 3-10 to 1-8 semi-final win.
Aidan McCrory, Cathal McCarron, Ronan McNabb and Barry Tierney also return to the Red Hands defence with Padraig McNulty named to partner McCann at midfield.
Plunkett Kane joins Mark Donnelly and Ronan O'Neill in the half-forward line with the full-forward line comprising of Coney, Cavanagh and Niall McKenna.
Tyrone defeated Cavan 1-15 to 0-11 in last year's McKenna Cup final and are seeking a fourth successive triumph in the competition.
Cavan have yet to name their line-up for the final but they will again be without the influential Gearoid McKiernan after he was handed a two-game ban for using sectarian abuse against Monaghan's Drew Wylie in last weekend's game.
TEAMS
Tyrone: N Morgan; A McCrory, Justin McMahon, C McCarron; R McNabb, Joe McNabb, B Tierney; P McNulty, C McCann; Mark Donnelly, R O'Neill, P Kane; K Coney, S Cavanagh, N McKenna. Subs: M O'Neill, R Brennan, C Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly, P Harte, P Hughes, T McCann, D McCurry, S McGuigan, E McKenna, R McKenna
Cavan: tbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30957940?print=true

Mickey called up a few new faces again

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 23, 2015, 08:22:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on January 22, 2015, 11:18:44 PM
You chose an appropriate user name. That's one of the most poisonous comments ever posted on this Board.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Steady on. Hardly the classiest of comments but if that's the worst McCarron has to put up with over the months ahead then he will be doing pretty well. The boy will need a thick skin and plenty of support which I trust he is getting. Good to see him back playing again, for his own good and for Tyrone.

Making drastic changes from game to game has been par for the course with Mickey the past few seasons. I don't mind it at this stage of the season but I think it does become a real issue when it continues throughout the National League. Above all this season I really want him to get the experimenting out of the way early on and aim to have the nucleus of his team in place as early as possible. He has a number of very good players and he needs to get them established in the key positions and build around them. Changing the team and playing players in different positions from game to game doesn't help with momentum at all. It's also an issue when things go wrong in big games and there isn't a trusted and established spine to the team to help steady the ship. A factor in a few Tyrone championship defeats the past few years IMO.

Would agree that a settled team is needed going into the championship and I'd say Harte is aware of that himself. In his defence last year a lot of players didn't take their chances when given but also think he didn't get our best 15 on pitch come championship. I'd like to see some experimentation I'm first 3 or 4 games in terms of both personnel and positions. But after that get close to a settled 15.

I think he might already be close to settling his defence, I would not be surprised if it's morgan mcrory mcnamee mcccarron mcnabb Donnelly and Harte. Colm will start midfield and it's looking like sean at 14. After that it gets a bit more complicated.

In my opinion our half forward line has been one of our weakest area in recent years. It hasn't offered enough ball winning ability or link play. From that point of view I'd nearly prefer to see Donnelly at 11 and maybe even move Harte or mcnabb up there to. Justy and tierney could be options in half back line.

Throw ball

Given this will be the 3rd game in a week I feel Harte is being sensible making so many changes. Not a bad team but I feel Tyrone's main problem at the minute is that they have a lot of players at a similar level and not enough with that wee bit extra. Tyrone supporters will know better than me if that is the case.
The only thing I would have done differently with the team is to give O'Neill another run in goals. He had a good game on Wednesday and playing a game this weekend would mean more to him than Morgan - who Harte knows enough about already.

Club Rossa

Would agree about Morgan/O'Neill.
I think that showed when O'Neill had to come in for Morgan against Down last year.He hadn't been used much and looked very nervy.His kickouts weren't hitting their targets either.I would like to see him starting tonight and getting 2 or 3 games in the league.He's an excellent keeper.

orangeman

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 23, 2015, 10:10:19 PM
Dr McKenna Cup: Mickey Harte makes 12 Tyrone changes for final

Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Final: Tyrone v Cavan
Venue: Athletic Grounds Date: Saturday, 24 January Throw-in: 19:30 GMT
Coverage: Live video coverage on BBC Sport Website plus Red Button coverage

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has made 12 changes from the semi-final win over Armagh for Saturday's Dr McKenna Cup final against Cavan at the Athletic Grounds [19:30 GMT].
Cathal McCann, Ronan O'Neill and Sean Cavanagh are the only players to retain their places.
Niall Morgan returns in goal with the McMahon brothers Joe and Justin both named in the defence.
The attack includes Mark Donnelly, Kyle Coney, Cavanagh and Niall McKenna.
The McMahon brothers are both included after coming on as substitutes in Wednesday's 3-10 to 1-8 semi-final win.
Aidan McCrory, Cathal McCarron, Ronan McNabb and Barry Tierney also return to the Red Hands defence with Padraig McNulty named to partner McCann at midfield.
Plunkett Kane joins Mark Donnelly and Ronan O'Neill in the half-forward line with the full-forward line comprising of Coney, Cavanagh and Niall McKenna.
Tyrone defeated Cavan 1-15 to 0-11 in last year's McKenna Cup final and are seeking a fourth successive triumph in the competition.
Cavan have yet to name their line-up for the final but they will again be without the influential Gearoid McKiernan after he was handed a two-game ban for using sectarian abuse against Monaghan's Drew Wylie in last weekend's game.
TEAMS
Tyrone: N Morgan; A McCrory, Justin McMahon, C McCarron; R McNabb, Joe McNabb, B Tierney; P McNulty, C McCann; Mark Donnelly, R O'Neill, P Kane; K Coney, S Cavanagh, N McKenna. Subs: M O'Neill, R Brennan, C Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly, P Harte, P Hughes, T McCann, D McCurry, S McGuigan, E McKenna, R McKenna
Cavan: tbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/30957940?print=true

Mickey called up a few new faces again

I think it's Joe Mc Cann and Cathal Mc Nabb ?.

big balla

Does anybody know how I can watch tonights game from England? The iplayer is restricted because im not in the north

theticklemister

Quote from: big balla on January 24, 2015, 05:50:52 PM
Does anybody know how I can watch tonights game from England? The iplayer is restricted because im not in the north

wat about thee oul red button through virgin?

Walter White

Don't know about England but BBC Red Button content is shown on Sky channel 980 in NI. That way you can record the final.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: big balla on January 24, 2015, 05:50:52 PM

If you or a friend has a free to air box receiver BBC RB1 is a channel on it.

If you have sky,  just push the red button on your remote when on BBC1 channel. Its showing some soccer match between cliftonville and some other crowd at the moment,.

big balla

I have it now on the free view box, didn't think it would be shown on it over here. Cheers

5 Sams

All I can get on the red button lads is the Irish Cup Final. Am I too early?
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

Yeah it's on BBC 2 red button. Have To go out now but gonna record it.

Mon Cavan ya tight nasties,except for that sectarian hoor!