McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Poor stuff, left 15 minutes early to beat the traffic. Not a strong Armagh team but still poor stuff, the areas where we were getting destroyed in were so glaringly obvious the fact that no changes were made, leads me to think Geezer had a let them sink or swim attitude,  that or we have a very middling manager.

Will the penny finally drop that McEvoy is the worst county goalie in the land? Disappointed that Paddy Morrison didn't get a proper run out in nets.

Few positives - Campbell & Findon were good in MF yet C Cavanagh was excellent and we were cleaned out in breaking ball.  It was the first time i saw miceal mckenna play, decent, wanted too much time on the ball tho but 2 nice points, Ciaran ohanlon got a lovely point & i'd be hopeful about him.

Tyrone wanted it more & it looked like a Div 1 team v a Div 3 team.

Fuzzman

Tickleman I suppose that's your fun over now til the league game in Omagh.

Some of the Armagh ones on here are embarrassing to listen to but at least they are defending their own team.

Compare yourself to Bennydorano above and he might actually learn to say something worthwhile the odd time.

Throw ball

Armagh very poor tonight. No intensity at all. Major passing errors, poor shot selection and no team work. Tyrone really looked as if they wanted it more. On saying that the game was up early on so this may have had a bearing. McAvoy made a major error early on which set Tyrone on the road. Feel sorry for the fella. He looks as if his confidence is completely shot.

For Armagh I thought only Shields, Campbell and McKenna of the starters played well. Donaghy was closest to them. Tony Kernan had a nightmare. Better now than June. Also hope the experiment of playing Jamie in defence is over.

For Tyrone I felt they worked well as a team and the keeper had an excellent game. Colm Cavanagh is improving greatly. Not sure how they will fair against the better teams though should have enough to stay in top division.

With all the discussion of physical play the only rough stuff was between Big Sean and his brother in law at the end. Could do without the mouthing from one player in particular though.

Finally, the GAA need better referees. Tonight he made one great call on a penalty but missed an absolute blatant one in the second. He was inconsistent with his interpretation of the advantage rule. He also booked a Tyrone player for very little but not another for a dangerously high tackle. Luckily he had no influence on the result tonight - unlike the club final. Consistency is all I ask.

BennyCake

We need a quick thinking CHF who can spray passes to the forwards. Everything was off the cuff tonight and no sense of a plan.

armaghniac

McKenna has been decent for Armagh, perhaps we should get a Maguire for the summer campaign. O'Hanlon justified having another look at him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Plenty of room for improvement for Armagh. Have Tyrone peaked in January for a second year in a row?

ONeill

Any day ye bate Armagh is a good day, in any sport.

Good luck against Tipperary next time out. I think ye'll have enough to beat them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Tyrone fans feeling smug and self satisfied tonight after a vintage performance. I'm content in the knowledge that McGeeney wasn't too bothered with the result. McKeever didn't slam or smash anyone tonight, however Cavanagh was up to his usual swan lake impressions.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 11:00:31 PM
Tyrone fans feeling smug and self satisfied tonight after a vintage performance. I'm content in the knowledge that McGeeney wasn't too bothered with the result. McKeever didn't slam or smash anyone tonight, however Cavanagh was up to his usual swan lake impressions.

A serious question here, who will Armagh have back on board for the championship, that wasn't there tonight?
That was never a square ball!!

bennydorano

Likely candidates that i can think of-
A goalie
Andy Mallon
Vernon
James Morgan
Kieran Toner (days r numbered tbh)
Stephen Harald(meh)
Caolan Rafferty
Gavin McParland
Ethan Rafferty

Redhand Santa

Tyrone were probably missing more starters. Never read too much into these games but it's always nice to beat armagh and even better in armagh. Was happy with some of the unproven players tonight. Hughes McCann and lavery all had decent games. Keeper did well again too.

Hopefully tyrone can up it further for the national league and pick up good few points early on. Very tough division 1 again this year.

Redhand Santa

Tyrone missing Morgan, mcrory, mccarron, mcnabb, justy, joe, Clark (if fit) and McCurry. I'd say at least 5 or 6 of them will start. Didn't count coney but couldn't rule him out starting either.

Throw ball

Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2015, 11:13:47 PM
Likely candidates that i can think of-
A goalie
Andy Mallon
Vernon
James Morgan
Kieran Toner (days r numbered tbh)
Stephen Harald(meh)
Caolan Rafferty
Gavin McParland
Ethan Rafferty

You missed Dyas. Hopefully Murnin, Declan McKenna and a few others can make a difference.

From the team that lost to Donegal in the summer Mallon, Vernon, Kernan (retired), Harold, Dyas, Forker and Carragher (left panel) did not start tonight. Only Shields, Findon, Tony Kernan and the keeper played in the same positions.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 11:00:31 PM

And I noticed he clipped McKeever late while he was on the ground after winning a free.

orangeman

Armagh won't be worried about tonight's result but the manner of the defeat will rankle with players, managers and supporters.
Mc Geeney and co turned round a bigger deficit last year but Armagh have more work done at this stage.

Tyrone travelling nicely.