McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

13 changes from the last McKenna cup game.
Harte's focus will be on later competitions and preparing for those. Not for the McKenna Cup itself. Much the same as most other managers. A win gets him another competitive game and builds up momentum. I'd say Geezer will be looking for the exact same thing.

Orior

Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Very heavy Fog in Armagh atm

But we'll still be able to smell the Tyrone fans  :(

Down wind with this sort of thing!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on January 21, 2015, 01:23:43 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 21, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Very heavy Fog in Armagh atm

But we'll still be able to smell the Tyrone fans  :(

Down wind with this sort of thing!

could fog and Lynx Africa combust?

Club Rossa

That,combined with laundered diesel could be a lethal concoction.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 01:17:02 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 21, 2015, 12:44:09 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 12:28:59 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 21, 2015, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 21, 2015, 09:58:40 AM
I see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

I hope its a good fair and physical (probably get jumped on for using that word) contest and if there are a few minor dust ups then so be it, there will be no crying here. Just hope that the game isn't settled by any controversial free kick incidents involving players doing impersonations of dying swans.

No it doesn't. It shows Harte wants to run the rule over everyone before the football in earnest starts with the NFL, and this might be the last semi-competitive game with which to do that.

It's not like he needs to see O'Neill or Donnelly play to know their capabilities, they will be guaranteed starters in any Tyrone first XV. Just to be clear I have no issue with Harte starting them but with the rules which allow such a situation occur. However it does show how serious Harte is treating this match. Armagh have Aidan Forker and James Morgan available now also from St Marys who will be in the starting team come championship, but McGeeney has opted not to start either of them tonight.

He's made 13 changes. I don't think he's taking it any more serious than any other manager. None of the managers will want to lose the game.

13 changes from what, a nothing game against Antrim? Course he treats it more serious than any other manager, his comments over the years and disputes over availability of college players would tell you as much.

Sorry, just let me get this straight - you are criticising Mickey Harte for naming a strong team and trying to win a game?

This is an odd criticism but coming from a county where the senior championship descends into the farce of a team lining out oul fellas in jeans, talking on their mobile phones, then its hardly surprising.
That was never a square ball!!

our_fella

Armagh shortened from 11/8 to Evs in the space of an hour.

supersarsfields

Quote from: our_fella on January 21, 2015, 02:58:15 PM
Armagh shortened from 11/8 to Evs in the space of an hour.

Must be the fog.

God14

Tyrone will win this handy enough.

6/5 are great odds for a Mickey Harte managed team to win a McKenna cup match. I'm on it anyway.

LurganHoop

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 21, 2015, 02:26:46 PM
I see Harte unsurprisingly has fielded Donnelly and O'Neill in his starting line up even though they have already played for UUJ in the competition, a ridiculous situation and shows how determined he is to get the 4 in a row. What other sport or competition would allow such a situatin occur?

I hope its a good fair and physical (probably get jumped on for using that word) contest and if there are a few minor dust ups then so be it, there will be no crying here. Just hope that the game isn't settled by any controversial free kick incidents involving players doing impersonations of dying swans.

No it doesn't. It shows Harte wants to run the rule over everyone before the football in earnest starts with the NFL, and this might be the last semi-competitive game with which to do that.

It's not like he needs to see O'Neill or Donnelly play to know their capabilities, they will be guaranteed starters in any Tyrone first XV. Just to be clear I have no issue with Harte starting them but with the rules which allow such a situation occur. However it does show how serious Harte is treating this match. Armagh have Aidan Forker and James Morgan available now also from St Marys who will be in the starting team come championship, but McGeeney has opted not to start either of them tonight.

He's made 13 changes. I don't think he's taking it any more serious than any other manager. None of the managers will want to lose the game.

13 changes from what, a nothing game against Antrim? Course he treats it more serious than any other manager, his comments over the years and disputes over availability of college players would tell you as much.

Sorry, just let me get this straight - you are criticising Mickey Harte for naming a strong team and trying to win a game?

This is an odd criticism but coming from a county where the senior championship descends into the farce of a team lining out oul fellas in jeans, talking on their mobile phones, then its hardly surprising.

Sorry - but where is the criticism? A tad paranoid there lad

BennyHarp

There's a sneering criticism that Mickey always picks a strong team in the McKenna cup. You Armagh lads are like Comical Ali - just deny everything!
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

I've criticised the ruling that allows players play for 2 different teams in the same competition. I specifically stated that I had no issue with Harte starting them. It also shows how serious he is taking the game that he wants to get a look at established players who he knows very well. What that has got do with owl fellas lining out in a club championship game is beyond me. Totally irrelevant.

theticklemister

supersarsfields

Firstly do you not think that Geezer is trying to win this game? Surely he is taking it ever bit as serious as Harte considering the team he's named (10+ with Championship experience)
Trying to claim Harte takes it more seriously looks a tad like getting excuses in early in case of a loss considering the team selections.

supersarsfields

Quote from: theticklemister on January 21, 2015, 03:29:36 PM
What are the teams?

Armagh

1. Philip McEvoy
2. Mark McConville
3. Brendan Donaghy
4. Michael Murray
5. Mark Shields
6. Finnian Moriarty
7. Ciaran McKeever
8. Aaron Findon
9. Stefan Campbell
10. Stefan Forker
11. Miceal McKenna
12. Eugene McVerry
13. Tony Kernan
14. Jamie Clarke
15. Caolan Rafferty

Tyrone

1 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Dwayne Quinn – Cluain Eo
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
5 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
6 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Conal McCann – Coill an Chlochair
10 – PJ Lavery – Cluain Eo
11 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
12 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach
13 – Shay McGuigan – Ard Bó
14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 – Cathal McShane – E R Uí Néill

BennyCake

Yes, because all Armagh senior club teams line out in their jeans  ::)