McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarneyMan

"How did it get into the stands nearly before the game ended".........might have something to do with Finlay being asked what happened my his management team when he was walking off the pitch.....his reply could clearly be heard by supporters close to the sideline....

I hope it has been picked up by the ref and is in his match report, and if not then hopefully Monaghan will report it through the correct channels.....

Keyser soze

Quote from: yellowcard on January 19, 2015, 11:46:19 AM
Really hope that McKeever doesn't start picking on Cavanagh again this time, we need him on the field if we are to have a chance of winning the game. Wouldn't be surprised if Geezer rests a good few players for this. Don't think he will want any more bad publicity or ammunition ahead of a possible USFC clash later on in the year.

Fixed that for ye.

Fuzzman

I disagree Yeller. I think both managers and squads will want to create a winning mentality and are both stubborn men who don't like losing. Under Geezer Armagh in my eyes have returned to their bully boy, physicality approach which served them well in years gone by which we saw in lots of games last year with lots of flare ups and not just v Cavan.
I can see Tyrone wanting to lay down a marker than they won't be easily bullied again and with it being in the Lions den this game could again see a lot of heated blood on a frosty night.
With Tyrone losing out to Armagh last year Armagh can taste blood and know the tables are turning back in their favour.
The rest of the country of course will look on in glee as we beat lumps out of each other in January.

"Listen here you baldy git, you go to their flag and call them tight free state cnuts"

Are they still hoping these wee triangles and circles on their shirts will bring them back to their glory days

Nice to have ye back Orangemen. We missed the crack with yis

illdecide

The dive from that Donegal doctor there is priceless...he could be a premiership player
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

orangeman

Quote from: illdecide on January 19, 2015, 01:12:45 PM
The dive from that Donegal doctor there is priceless...he could be a premiership player

OR a referee.

Remember Di Canio push on the ref.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VFp1WwSMu4

JoG2

Quote from: illdecide on January 19, 2015, 01:12:45 PM

the best bit about the Donegal doctor pic was the fact that he was wearing his sunday mass shoes with the tracksuit bottoms

Re the great Armagh physicality debate. Id much rather see a team being physical than throwing themselves to the ground to win a free at every given opportunity

Fuzzman

Quote from: JoG2 on January 19, 2015, 01:55:09 PM

Re the great Armagh physicality debate. Id much rather see a team being physical than throwing themselves to the ground to win a free at every given opportunity

Yes we know JoG2. Most Armagh people seem to like this side of the game over the years.
In all seriousness do you ever think if ye had of stuck more to playing the game that ye might have had more All Irelands. I don't know I'm just asking the question.
Yellowcard sensibly said he hopes McKeever tries to stay on the pitch this time rather than gunning for big Sean who knows now how to get him riled up.

I wonder has any student ever done a study on why? Was it always there even back in the 50s & 60's?
Is it something to do with conflict with the real Orangemen up around that area or just over reliance on Buckfast?

O'Neill, is there stats showing yellow and red cards for counties over the years anywhere?

illdecide

Fuzzman you're out of order a we bit there...I know you're just trying to wind up a bit but them Garvaghy men with that flag are not the Buckfast Brigade and if my memory serves me correctly they have this at every game. Fearon can confirm this but I think they lost a family member and kept up the tradition in his memory? Tony can u confirm or explain this encase im way off the mark?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: illdecide on January 19, 2015, 03:05:43 PM
Fuzzman you're out of order a we bit there...I know you're just trying to wind up a bit but them Garvaghy men with that flag are not the Buckfast Brigade and if my memory serves me correctly they have this at every game. Fearon can confirm this but I think they lost a family member and kept up the tradition in his memory? Tony can u confirm or explain this encase im way off the mark?

You're correct illdecide, the flag was the idea of Martin 'Barrymore' Breen. He passed away from cancer a few years ago and his brothers, & nephew in the pic, bring the flag to all the games. They have raised a lot of money for Macmillan etc over the years by letting people sign the flag for a donation.

Fuzzman

OOps sorry about that lads. Totally didn't know and yes was just trying to stir up some of the aul craic we used to have, especially with Orange in such fine form recently. The man/woman brings his own rope doesn't he.

I will delete the pic.

BennyCake

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2015, 02:08:25 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 19, 2015, 01:55:09 PM

Yes we know JoG2. Most Armagh people seem to like this side of the game over the years.
In all seriousness do you ever think if ye had of stuck more to playing the game that ye might have had more All Irelands. I don't know I'm just asking the question.
Yellowcard sensibly said he hopes McKeever tries to stay on the pitch this time rather than gunning for big Sean who knows now how to get him riled up.

I wonder has any student ever done a study on why? Was it always there even back in the 50s & 60's?
Is it something to do with conflict with the real Orangemen up around that area or just over reliance on Buckfast?

O'Neill, is there stats showing yellow and red cards for counties over the years anywhere?

Is that picture of the queue outside the Athletic Grounds a couple of weeks ago?

BennyCake

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2015, 12:38:42 PM
I disagree Yeller. I think both managers and squads will want to create a winning mentality and are both stubborn men who don't like losing. Under Geezer Armagh in my eyes have returned to their bully boy, physicality approach which served them well in years gone by which we saw in lots of games last year with lots of flare ups and not just v Cavan.
I can see Tyrone wanting to lay down a marker than they won't be easily bullied again and with it being in the Lions den this game could again see a lot of heated blood on a frosty night.
With Tyrone losing out to Armagh last year Armagh can taste blood and know the tables are turning back in their favour.
The rest of the country of course will look on in glee as we beat lumps out of each other in January.

"Listen here you baldy git, you go to their flag and call them tight free state cnuts"

Are they still hoping these wee triangles and circles on their shirts will bring them back to their glory days

Nice to have ye back Orangemen. We missed the crack with yis

Bully boy tactics eh? Even if that were the case, I would think more of a player who shouldered you or who gave me a fair punch to the jaw rather than someone who rubs muck into a players eyes, or a gives a sneaky punch to the knackers.

As a Tyrone man, you can't really give out about any other team considering what your own team have done/still do.

Fuzzman

I heard Mickey has a new cutting edge 7 man defensive system in mind this year

Fuzzman

As I said ye all think its OK to give someone a "fair" punch to the Jaw

Yis are gas. So you're saying because some Tyrone players have done similar (or worse) acts then we lose our rights to comment?
Interesting. I thought it was a discussion board where there is freedom of speech but looks like you Armagh lads are making up your own rules again.

At least yis are kinda admitting that its OK to bully lads with physicality and the odd punch. Thankfully we've never seen an Armagh man dive or try to win a soft free. Yis have a clear conscious there I suppose

Itchy

Quote from: FarneyMan on January 19, 2015, 11:48:00 AM
"How did it get into the stands nearly before the game ended".........might have something to do with Finlay being asked what happened my his management team when he was walking off the pitch.....his reply could clearly be heard by supporters close to the sideline....

I hope it has been picked up by the ref and is in his match report, and if not then hopefully Monaghan will report it through the correct channels.....

So the ref asked the umpire what they " heard" from 40 yards away and due to super sonic hearing they were able to relay the insult mckiernan supposedly gave to the Monaghan man. Pat McEneaney was at the game, he will be awful impressed with th umpires. Fast track them for the big time. Seriously, it's only the McKenna cup, can yis not lose with a bit of class for once in your existence?