McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Monaghan and Armagh, two peas in a pod. 3 sending off came from an assault by drew Wylie on a Cavan player.

Agent Orange

Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Semi Finals:
Wednesday 21st January, Throw in 8pm
Cavan v Fermanagh at Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan
Armagh v Tyrone at Athletic Grounds Armagh.

Club Rossa

If Armagh can keep their full contingent on the pitch they should win.If it's anything like the 1st game it will be good preparation for the start of the league.

mylestheslasher

Always nice to beat Monaghan and I see they were up to their old tricks again, if you cant win start hitting!!

Throw ball

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 18, 2015, 04:45:42 PM
Bank of Ireland Dr McKenna Cup Semi Finals:
Wednesday 21st January, Throw in 8pm
Cavan v Fermanagh at Kingspan Breffni Park Cavan
Armagh v Tyrone at Athletic Grounds Armagh.

The Athletic Grounds is more accessible for Tyrone people in the Dungannon, Ballygawley etc area and should draw a bigger crowd than Omagh would. Cavan have a bigger support than Fermanagh so a home match for Cavan should draw a bigger crowd. The toss of coins worked well for the Ulster Council.

In hiding

When is the final fixed for

Fuzzman

After the first game's shenagians and Armagh's back to basics play the man first strategy thanks to McGeeney which works for them, I can see a bit of a tough game again. Tyrone  lads will want to show they won't be  pushed about.
I might even go if no snow

illdecide

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2015, 09:16:28 AM
After the first game's shenagians and Armagh's back to basics play the man first strategy thanks to McGeeney which works for them, I can see a bit of a tough game again. Tyrone  lads will want to show they won't be  pushed about.
I might even go if no snow

Fuzzman we decide when it snows in Armagh...and it won't be on Wed nite. So come ahead and enjoy our hospital hospitality, should be a good game and hopefully we can keep 15 men on the pitch this time to give you hardy hoors from Tyrone a game.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

FarneyMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 18, 2015, 09:33:33 PM
Always nice to beat Monaghan and I see they were up to their old tricks again, if you cant win start hitting!!

In regards to the old tricks, id like to comment that the reason the hitting started was Gearoid McKiernan making a sectarian remark to Drew Wylie.........no place for that shite on a gaelic field....

Old yeller

Quote from: FarneyMan on January 19, 2015, 11:16:01 AM

In regards to the old tricks, id like to comment that the reason the hitting started was Gearoid McKiernan making a sectarian remark to Drew Wylie.........no place for that shite on a gaelic field....

That's a very serious accusation to make FarneyMan and the first I've heard of it. Is that what the Monaghan lads are sayin?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: FarneyMan on January 19, 2015, 11:16:01 AM

You have mighty hearing Farneyman, all they way up in the stand. I see a load of the mushroom men saying that within half an hour of the event over on hoganstand. Maybe he made a remark about the fact that Wylie nearly removed Martin Reillys head??? You have no evidence to back up that accusation.

FarneyMan

Dont need mighty hearing if able to talk to players that were on the field..........and correct Wylie's tackle was awful and rightly so he got carded for it, but the verbal abuse from McKiernan has no place in the modern game....

Old yeller

Quote from: FarneyMan on January 19, 2015, 11:26:06 AM
Dont need mighty hearing if able to talk to players that were on the field..........and correct Wylie's tackle was awful and rightly so he got carded for it, but the verbal abuse from McKiernan has no place in the modern game....
We will have to wait and see what the referees report says, McKiernan got red for something. I hope its not what you are saying though

mylestheslasher

There was no mention of this in any match report or commentary afterwards. How did it get into the stands nearly before the game ended. Farneyman - you are accusing a young man of something and you have no evidence, I suggest you stop now. It could just be someone assumed he said something sectarian. For all you know he could have insulted his mother or his hair style. If something like this genuinely happened Monaghan should report it through the correct channels. Until then you should desist from these accusations.

yellowcard

Really hope that McKeever doesn't start picking on Cavanagh again this time, we need him on the field if we are to have a chance of winning the game. Wouldn't be surprised if Geezer rests a good few players for this. Don't think he will want any more bad publicity or ammunition ahead of a possible USFC clash later on in the year.