McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Thon Diarmaid MacSeƔin was man of the match, he put in a good evening's work.

McParland did his case no harm for Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FermGael

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 14, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
So a four point win for Derry over QUB would send them through at the expense of Armagh, unless Antrim somehow manage to beat Tyrone by 4?

If Donegal win, will it not depend on how much they beat Fermanagh by?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

donegal lad

Quote from: FermGael on January 15, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 14, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
So a four point win for Derry over QUB would send them through at the expense of Armagh, unless Antrim somehow manage to beat Tyrone by 4?

If Donegal win, will it not depend on how much they beat Fermanagh by?
Will a 3 point win not be enough for Derry to go throw? Are they not on +9 points and Armagh are on +11

If donegal beat Fermanagh then Derry will probably finish top of the group (if they beat queens) then dobegal would need to beat Fermanagh by a massive score to go through as best runner up (roughly 12 point victory I think)

rrhf

If antrim bate Tyrone by 6 what does that do to yer computations. 

ONeill

We'll burn their shellsuits.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

To further complicate things I'm pretty sure that teams level on points are settled by scoring average and not scoring difference. This is calculated by dividing total points scored by total points conceded.

Can anyone confirm this is still the case and what is the logic in doing it this way? To me it just adds further complication and rewards negative teams who concede less. If you win a match 15 10 you would get an average of 1.5, whereas if you win 10 5 it would be an average of 2. Or even better a 4 1 victory would be much better than 15 12. Seems stupid to me.

Agent Orange

Venue changes for Sunday 18th January
Derry v QUB - Lavey 2pm
Tyrone v Antrim - Clones 2pm

StGallsGAA

There are not enough expletives in any language to describe the complete dumbfcuk decision to bring a McKenna Cup match involving Antrim and Tyrone to Clones.     How can any committee with more than a single brain cell between them arrive at a decision to further increase the lengthy travel involved for supporters rather than attempt to reduce it in the current weather conditions? 

Wildweasel74

Armagh would have been the best bet but that not excately handy for Antrim either

armaghniac

Well someone from Antrim might well drive l
past the Athletic Grounds on the way to Clones, so it would probably be handy from that perspective.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 18, 2015, 12:01:14 AM
Armagh would have been the best bet but that not excately handy for Antrim either

How come?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Is there much snow up in Ulster this morning
Small bit here in Dublin, near the sea front

Redhand Santa

Both Armagh and newry were both unavailable so not much they could do about that. I assume all suitable grounds in Tyrone had snow on them do couldn't risk a late cancellation. Antrim would have been an option which either wasn't available or Tyrone rejected. Clones probably handier for any Tyrone supporters going. I'm sure both teams would rather the game played in clones than not at all.

omagh_gael

Still a thick layer of snow up here, even in Omagh. The forecast gives extreme cold tonight so Clones might not be playable tomorrow as well

rrhf

Pity casement wasn't up and running.  Still there were both Tyrone and Antrim boyos on here who have now got their way.  Same boyos can't see the irony in this.