McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Quote from: NaomhBridAbĂș on January 12, 2015, 10:02:39 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2015, 09:51:58 PM
Findon is a quare unit.

Jamie is better than most on the pitch every time he takes to the field.....I just think he's a bit of a conundrum.

He seems to get swallowed up against good defences. He didn't score against Donegal last year, scored a point from play against Tyrone.

The fact that McGeeney is messing around with him now suggests he's trying to change his game somewhat.

playing in attack or defence, he is completely fearless...e was getting some serious hits yesterday and was playing on...thought the red against him was harsh but it shows that he can mix it....if mcgeeny gets it right he has a deadly asset and it was great to see kaolin rafferty and him swapping positions...was happy to see armagh looking more like a solid team...

They lost last week and yesterday they beat a shambles of an antrim team. I wouldn't be getting too excited for armagh just yet. Despite the hype and serious money he spends, McGeeney has won nothing as a manager.

ck

Would agree with you on that Jaie Clarke. He's  one player ID travel and pay in to see. Hope McGeeney doesn't ruin him

ONeill

Quote from: ck on January 12, 2015, 10:38:12 PM
Would agree with you on that Jaie Clarke. He's  one player ID travel and pay in to see. Hope McGeeney doesn't ruin him

I think he has to try something. As a target man Clarke wasn't cutting it against tight defences, despite having all the talent in the world. I remember him against Tyrone in Healy last year - he had the beating of every Tyrone defender but kept stepping back when on a run, making a score more difficult that it could have been. I don't know whether he's unsure of his own pace but he has the talent to be posting Gooch-like scores.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

His strength is soloing and jinking and passing and his vision is world class. His scoring tallies have never been that high.  I  think he is a natural no 11.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: rrhf on January 13, 2015, 11:10:36 AM
His strength is soloing and jinking and passing and his vision is world class. His scoring tallies have never been that high.  I  think he is a natural no 11.

I would say his best strength is winning primary possession.  He is always out in front, wins the ball might not score but he can bring others into the game.  From a Tyrone perspective I'm very happy to see Jamie playing at half back.
Living the dream!!!

rrhf

Sssssshhhhhhhh. Let this remain our secret.

Armamike

The fact that McGeeney is experimenting with him out the field does suggest alright that he knows he needs to get more out of Jamie.  He would make a brilliant CHF but Armagh can't afford to lose his threat further up either (if he doesn't score he still occupies the defence, which should in theory free up other forwards). The onus should be on the other forwards to make more of the space they've been afforded and to link up better with Jamie when he does get on the ball in the forwards. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Catch and Kick

It's hard to see Clarke playing there come summer...

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

See Ciaran McKeever named in Armagh team v St. Mary's. Would a suspension only be for 1 match or does that mean his suspension overturned?

orangeman

Quote from: Throw ball on January 14, 2015, 12:13:12 AM
See Ciaran McKeever named in Armagh team v St. Mary's. Would a suspension only be for 1 match or does that mean his suspension overturned?

He didn't do much. One game was plenty for him.

rrhf

how long is clarke suspended for. 

FermGael

Pitch inspection in ballybofey at 10 a.m
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Quote from: rrhf on January 14, 2015, 12:29:01 AM
how long is clarke suspended for.

He's not, he didn't get a straight red so he's not suspended.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch