McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinker

Wind Turbine would be a big earner for Tyrone GAA
http://www.highlandradio.com/2014/12/31/wind-turbine-would-be-a-big-earner-for-tyrone-gaa/

31 Dec 2014
A wind turbine to be built at Tyrone's training complex at Garvaghey Centre will contribute £80,000 per annum to the running costs of the complex.

The electricity generated will be used to power the centre, with the excess to be sold off to the national grid.

Delays in the project have caused frustration, but Garvaghey Management Group chairman Raymond McKeown is hoping it will soon be back on track.

"From an early stage in the development of Garvaghey, much of the thought was around sustainability of the centre when it was built.

"The pioneers came up with the idea of a wind turbine both saving us in electricity bills as well as being able to sell electricity to the grid and contribute to the inevitable net deficit," he detailed in his annual report

January 4th 2015

A major investigation has been launched after an 80-metre wind turbine worth almost half a million pounds collapsed on a mountainside in Tyrone.

No one was injured when the structure unexpectedly buckled and hit the ground, scattering debris across a wide area. It was one of eight on the Screggagh wind farm near Fintona in Co Tyrone.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0103/670176-wind-turbine-tyrone/

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/80m-tall-wind-turbine-collapses-in-tyrone-656655.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/tyrone-wind-turbine-structure-incident-1862457-Jan2015/

yellowcard

Quote from: Clinker on January 06, 2015, 12:52:58 AM
Wind Turbine would be a big earner for Tyrone GAA
http://www.highlandradio.com/2014/12/31/wind-turbine-would-be-a-big-earner-for-tyrone-gaa/

31 Dec 2014
A wind turbine to be built at Tyrone's training complex at Garvaghey Centre will contribute £80,000 per annum to the running costs of the complex.

The electricity generated will be used to power the centre, with the excess to be sold off to the national grid.

Delays in the project have caused frustration, but Garvaghey Management Group chairman Raymond McKeown is hoping it will soon be back on track.

"From an early stage in the development of Garvaghey, much of the thought was around sustainability of the centre when it was built.

"The pioneers came up with the idea of a wind turbine both saving us in electricity bills as well as being able to sell electricity to the grid and contribute to the inevitable net deficit," he detailed in his annual report

January 4th 2015

A major investigation has been launched after an 80-metre wind turbine worth almost half a million pounds collapsed on a mountainside in Tyrone.

No one was injured when the structure unexpectedly buckled and hit the ground, scattering debris across a wide area. It was one of eight on the Screggagh wind farm near Fintona in Co Tyrone.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0103/670176-wind-turbine-tyrone/

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/80m-tall-wind-turbine-collapses-in-tyrone-656655.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/tyrone-wind-turbine-structure-incident-1862457-Jan2015/

I'd say McKeever will probably get the blame for this as well. Probably pulled it down with his bare arms.

Fuzzman

McKeever is just living up to the great line of teak tough man markers from the true spiritual capital of Ireland.
He follows in the footsteps of many brawn over beauty type players where getting the ball only comes 2nd. Canavan was his first love for a few years and how it sums up the Armagh psyche that he and most Armagh fans were proud as punch that he got sent off in 2005.
Stevie ONeill was a harder but for Killer McKeever to handle and paid the ultimate price giving away the winning free in the 2005 semi. I'm sure it was another dive though. Poor Armagh have suffered a lot due to diving and could probably have overtaken Cavan in All-Irelands had it not been for diving.

So Cavanagh is his latest fancy man and Sean's temperament means he won't fall for the get me sent off shit that so many try with him.

At least McKeever is popular down the country in Laois and now Dublin. A Colourful character who will bring spice to every game who likes to make space for others around him by leaving the playing field early and often tries to take one or two others with him for an early shower.
Does anyone have stats on his red cards.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 06, 2015, 10:12:40 AM
McKeever is just living up to the great line of teak tough man markers from the true spiritual capital of Ireland.
He follows in the footsteps of many brawn over beauty type players where getting the ball only comes 2nd. Canavan was his first love for a few years and how it sums up the Armagh psyche that he and most Armagh fans were proud as punch that he got sent off in 2005.
Stevie ONeill was a harder but for Killer McKeever to handle and paid the ultimate price giving away the winning free in the 2005 semi. I'm sure it was another dive though. Poor Armagh have suffered a lot due to diving and could probably have overtaken Cavan in All-Irelands had it not been for diving.

So Cavanagh is his latest fancy man and Sean's temperament means he won't fall for the get me sent off shit that so many try with him.

At least McKeever is popular down the country in Laois and now Dublin. A Colourful character who will bring spice to every game who likes to make space for others around him by leaving the playing field early and often tries to take one or two others with him for an early shower.

He wouldn't come across as the brightest of lads....maybe thats unfair....it just seems that he lets "being a ****" get in the way of fairly decent footballing abilities...shame...I always half-liked him but he just behaves like a tool now
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

JoG2

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on January 06, 2015, 10:56:43 AM

He wouldn't come across as the brightest of lads....maybe thats unfair....it just seems that he lets "being a ****" get in the way of fairly decent footballing abilities...shame...I always half-liked him but he just behaves like a tool now

are Tyrone folk really giving out about other county players behaving like tools on the field??!! some craic

trueblue1234

Quote from: JoG2 on January 06, 2015, 11:04:50 AM

are Tyrone folk really giving out about other county players behaving like tools on the field??!! some craic
Are Derry folk really giving out about Tyrone folk giving out about other county players behaving like tools on the field?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

NaomhBridAbú

yup
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

JoG2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2015, 11:07:19 AM

Are Derry folk really giving out about Tyrone folk giving out about other county players behaving like tools on the field?

affirmative!

Walter Cronc

Who are you talking about?? Paddy McKeever??

nrico2006

But this is this not the same 'hard lad' that was a wee bit 'hurt' when a bad boy from Kerry/Laois called him a name?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fuzzman

What was the story were he was sub or something and he hopped over a fence to get a skelp at somebody or am I confusing that with someone else?

He sure has an interesting career to date. Did he move to Parnells in Dublin?

Sometimes I think he's a bit of a loner.

Indiana it speaks volumes about the state of GAA in your province that you have to come to Ulster threads to get some entertainment
Sure last year Dublin fans wouldn't come back out to their seats after half time such was the dire competition every game provided.
I was chatting to a lad there at lunch time and he says he misses those sort of schmozzles as every bloody Leinster game now is over after 20 mins.
Neither of us will admit to be anywhere near winning Sam for the foreseeable future but at least we can get 8K people to a game in January. True Gaels who don't just show up in Croke park on a summers days and couldn't spell GAA.
A lot more to the GAA than winning Mr Maguire.
How many Anglo Celts have Dublin won?
Exactly!!!
:-X :-X :-X

HNY Indiana. See you in the Nell 2moro night

armaghniac

Indiana probably finds it odd that the same number of people in Dublin, or less, actually run well attended and competitive provincial championships in other parts of the country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2015, 12:50:05 PM
But this is this not the same 'hard lad' that was a wee bit 'hurt' when a bad boy from Kerry/Laois called him a name?

I will think you will find that the referee sent him off for trying to deal with that fella! On saying that that sending off was successfully appealed.

I am no expert on Ciaran McKeever but have been to most Armagh matches he has played in. I know he also got sent off in the 2005 Ulster Final but again I am near sure that was overturned on appeal. Apart from Sunday I can not remember another sending off so they cannot be that frequent. From memory the only suspension he served over the last few years was when he got sent to the stand when he was water boy against Louth. Seemingly if he had have been playing he would only have got a yellow. Maybe another case were the myth differs from reality.

BennyCake

Is that Pythagoras's theorem on McKeever's shirt sleeve?

EastTyrone

Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2015, 04:37:29 PM
Is that Pythagoras's theorem on McKeever's shirt sleeve?

Not to be a Harry Potter nerd but looks like the deathly hallows symbol to me.
Armagh must be up to a bit of wizardry this year!