McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

I wouldn't be getting too carried away but I do like the look of some of our new young players . Seems to be plenty of quality and more importantly the confidence and desire to get on the ball. Mcguigan impressed me with his ability to win ball tonight. Pj lavery is also a classy player, only doubt with him is his size. Midfield battled well and I'd definitely like another look at Mcbride there. He can really challenge to start this year some where on the team.

Talk of getting rid of the older players is nonsense. Ideally 2 or 3 players brought in last year will improve with the year behind them and another 2 or 3 new players can make the step up. That combined with our more experienced could provide a very competitive team.

Still not entirely sure about what he can do with the full back line though. Tierney struggled on Clarke tonight as you'd expect but I liked the fact that battled hard and can hopefully learn from it.

ONeill

Mattie Donnelly gave Vernon the daddy of all roastings. Surprised it took Grimley a long time to move him off...and onto Ronan O'Neill.

McNabb if he stays fit is some asset to Tyrone.

Armagh were so woeful it is hard to say who played well for Tyrone.....they all did.

Shea McGuigan, despite his youthful greediness is an extremely creative player. McBride saw a lot of ball. Harte's after-burners were in good shape. McNeice, after a few early misses, proved a fine target man. McCrory had an iffy opening but solid thereafter. Tierney did a decent job on Clarke. Campbell had the whitest socks.

Armagh were dire, dire and dire.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Yeah Donnelly tortured Vernon in the 1st half. I think for the 1st game or 2 in the league a lot of the younger boys will end up getting a chance. Will be interesting to see how they do and if they're still in contention come the end of the league. McGuigan got some possession particularly in the 1st half.

rrhf

A new era for Tyrone football beckons. If mic key let's the energy continue to flow through that team they will be a match for most.  Tyrone under the new rules are unstoppable. What a great . Add Joe sean and maybe Connor g and others from the q last few weeks with stevie on the bench. It will be tough on the lads who miss out but the football is certainly back in Tyrone

orangeman

It's Mc Kenna cup lads.

No league points won tonight.

timmyot501

Wot r the venues for the semi finals then?

orangeman

reddgnhand

Two things that struck me tonight, Tyrone have serious pace throughout the team and defenders are afraid to tackle when their opponent takes them on.

Itchy

Based on this performance Tyrone have to be favourites for the all Ireland.

ONeill

This is World Cup year so I'd be hopeful of a bigger prize than Sam.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lawnseed

Quote from: ONeill on January 16, 2014, 07:33:24 AM
ty14sam...
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

DennistheMenace

Derry v Tyrone semi final then, might head to that. Derry still without Ballinderry contingent but i'd expect a close game.

God14

Quote from: DennistheMenace on January 16, 2014, 09:06:23 AM
Derry v Tyrone semi final then, might head to that. Derry still without Ballinderry contingent but i'd expect a close game.

I think I am right in saying that Derry are allowed to play their students now? Can anyone confirm? From previous years I think that's the precedent.

J70

Quote from: rrhf on January 15, 2014, 11:31:18 PM
A new era for Tyrone football beckons. If mic key let's the energy continue to flow through that team they will be a match for most.  Tyrone under the new rules are unstoppable. What a great . Add Joe sean and maybe Connor g and others from the q last few weeks with stevie on the bench. It will be tough on the lads who miss out but the football is certainly back in Tyrone

"Tyrone... are unstoppable"?!!

Well we might as well hand over all the trophies now and move on to the 2015 season!  ;D

Some of you boys tend to get a little carried away with McKenna Cup and league results. Happens every year on the board.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on January 16, 2014, 07:33:24 AM

You're a Brazilian, O'Neill?  ;D