8. JAMES LAVERY
9. BARRY LOUGHRAN
10. CAOLAN RAFFERTY
11. BRIAN MALLON
12. STEFAN CAMPBELL
13. MICHAEL STEVENSON
14. JOHN KINGHAM
15. STEFAN FORKER

Finegan not good enough for XMG but good enough for Armagh? Even with the questionable attitude, I dont get it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 13, 2013, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: Gold on January 13, 2013, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2013, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Itchy you're so right, am surprised Scullion wasn't lynched as Tyronies would be very protective over St Mickey!

No one talks to my Mickey like that! Scullion better watch out.

Tony doesnt follow the heard, he says and does what he likes.   We werent good today, had plenty of possession but couldnt turn it into scores. Tyrone scored at ease and couldve had a number of goals but for a few great saves from Kerr.

Our full forward line werent great at getting out in front to win ball, prefering to stand still as per the last million years--whilst Tyrone's wee corner forwards were flying out to the ball.

Gave away awful first goal--keeper gave ball to full forward but we somehow got the ball back, only for a defender trying to clear the ball on our goalline being blocked down into our net by P Harte. We got level through a Niblock Penalty )our best player by a distance, roasted C Gormley) but again gave away an easy goal and were a distance behind thereafter.

Tyrone corner forward (McCurry?) looks sharp and scored about 5 points. Lafferty looks a  player and scored a point when he came on.

Mick McCann is better out the field--he takes too much out of the ball at full forward. Micko Herron was disapointing at FF, didnt show for the ball. Forwards panicked and ball handling was poor. We're lacking class unfortunately in front of goal--one good score came at start from McVeigh after about 5 quick handpasses but a further pass was on to slip Mick in 1 on 1--too many players freak out and think you have to shoot when you are about 20 yards out when it is the simplist thing to slip another pass--but then there arent many Jamie Clarkes and Oisins out there, players who dont panic and can slow it down (Matrix -style) in their heads when they are close in--we'd another chance near the end when someone (i was too far away to see who) just drove a shot at the keepers hands when clean through on goal.

Best for us: Niblock, Kerr (save for early mistake) and Kevin O'Boyle.

Is Tomas McCann injured, not listed for the McKenna Cup? Aodhan Gallagher missing aswell.

No sign of Kevin McGourty either, CJ had a operation on a hip I think?

Gallagher opted out as has cj. Kevin retired from county football.

Not exactly sure with tomas mccann but i think he'll be back.

Redhand Santa

Tyrone won comfortably enough today. Like most McKenna Cup games there was negatives and positives. My biggest concern is that some of our biggest problems in recent years still seem evident. We can't win clean ball in midfield but we never could. However we currently are really struggling to win the breaking ball in this area. Our half forwards and half backs really seem to struggle to get in the right position and don't put their bodies on the line. We really miss the likes of Dooher, McGinley and Jordan for this. I also still think we really need another strong tight marking tough player in the full back line. The other big thing that has to be sorted this year is the free taking (wasn't too many today). Harte may be prepared to carry Morgan for the long range one's - he scored a 50 easily today. So far Cavanagh and O'Neill have been the preferred options for the closer one's, though both can be unpredictable.

In defence today McNamee hit a couple of great points and looked decent going forward though he did give a couple away. Warnock had an ok debut. Gormley struggled early before injury. McRory was decent enough. Would like another look at McNally.

Thought Cavanagh was very good in open play particularly in the first half. Worked extremely hard and is a huge addition this year if stays fit. Who knows how the Donegal game would have went last year if he and a few of the other injured players had been fit. Thought Kane also played well going forward and was an impressive debut. However, the pairing wouldn't work come championship. Kane I'd imagine would have a better chance in the half forward line at this level.

In the forwards nothing went right at all for McAliskey today and he looked fustrated. O'Neill showed well though certainly doesn't have the scoring threat he once had. The two half forwards were very quiet. Harte was good and got the goals, not often you see someone blocking an attempted clearance into the net. McCurry was excellent - if he gets space at all he's great at getting the score. Hard to know how'd he'd cope with Donegal in championship at this stage but with a bit of bulking up could be a serious forward over next few years.

Redhand Santa

If I was to pick a championship team now and it could change significantly come championship it would look something like this:
McConnell (though if Morgan proves himself in league could be hard to ignore his scoring ability given our lack of long range free takers)
McRory
Justy (if can ever get him fit)
Carlin
McNamee
Gormley
Clarke
Joe McMahon
Sean Cavanagh
Colm Cavanagh
Harte
Penrose
Coney
O'Neill
Ronan O'Neill/McCurry/Mattie Donnelly depending on how prove themselves in league.

ONeill

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 13, 2013, 10:15:24 PM
Tyrone won comfortably enough today. Like most McKenna Cup games there was negatives and positives. My biggest concern is that some of our biggest problems in recent years still seem evident. We can't win clean ball in midfield but we never could. However we currently are really struggling to win the breaking ball in this area. Our half forwards and half backs really seem to struggle to get in the right position and don't put their bodies on the line. We really miss the likes of Dooher, McGinley and Jordan for this. I also still think we really need another strong tight marking tough player in the full back line. The other big thing that has to be sorted this year is the free taking (wasn't too many today). Harte may be prepared to carry Morgan for the long range one's - he scored a 50 easily today. So far Cavanagh and O'Neill have been the preferred options for the closer one's, though both can be unpredictable.

In defence today McNamee hit a couple of great points and looked decent going forward though he did give a couple away. Warnock had an ok debut. Gormley struggled early before injury. McRory was decent enough. Would like another look at McNally.

Thought Cavanagh was very good in open play particularly in the first half. Worked extremely hard and is a huge addition this year if stays fit. Who knows how the Donegal game would have went last year if he and a few of the other injured players had been fit. Thought Kane also played well going forward and was an impressive debut. However, the pairing wouldn't work come championship. Kane I'd imagine would have a better chance in the half forward line at this level.

In the forwards nothing went right at all for McAliskey today and he looked fustrated. O'Neill showed well though certainly doesn't have the scoring threat he once had. The two half forwards were very quiet. Harte was good and got the goals, not often you see someone blocking an attempted clearance into the net. McCurry was excellent - if he gets space at all he's great at getting the score. Hard to know how'd he'd cope with Donegal in championship at this stage but with a bit of bulking up could be a serious forward over next few years.

Agree with all of that. Headed home before the end but I thought McNally did rightly on his man although, as you said, you'd want a look at him against another top forward.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

What's the latest news on Justy, Kyle and Ronan?

Joey seems to look different every year I see him
Well done teamtalkMag for those wee videos.
http://www.teamtalkmag.com/

yellowcard

What county is Doyle from?

Hogan Stand Football Team of the Week
14 January 2013

Tipperary's Barry Grogan
There were a number of outstanding individual performances on the gaelic football fields over the course of the weekend. Hoganstand.com selects its Football Team of the Week.

1. Cathal McCrann (Leitrim)

Leitrim netminder McCrann was in top form as Leitrim score a surprise FBD Connacht League victory over All-Ireland finalists Mayo.

2. Alan Wynne (Leitrim)

Alan Wynne was also a contender for the 'man-of-the-match' accolade in Ballinamore.

3. Michael Foley (Kildare)

Foley, along with fellow defenders Mikey Conway and Emmet Bolton, performed impressively in the Lilywhites win over Wexford.

4. Caolan Young (Meath)

The corner-back roles have proven troublesome for Meath to fill in recent years but Young is one of a number of options now available to new manager Mick O'Dowd.

5. Sean Pender (Offaly)

Sean Pender and his Offaly team-mates restricted Westmeath to a solitary point in the second half of the O'Byrne Cup clash in Mullingar.

6. Paudge McWalter (Wicklow)

McWalter held Kevin McManamon scoreless as Wicklow enjoyed a rare success over a weakened Dublin outfit.

7. Brian Doyle (St Mary's)

St Mary's were on the receiving end of a 13-point defeat to Fermanagh but wing-back Doyle hit 1-2 of their 1-5 total.

8. Gearoid McKiernan (Cavan)

The physically imposing midfielder registered four points from play as Cavan got the better of hosts Armagh.

9. Ryan Jones (Fermanagh)

The Derrygonnelly clubman laid the foundations for his team's comfortable McKenna Cup success over St Mary's UC.

10. Kieran Hughes (Monaghan)

Was an effective link man between defence and attack and helped himself to five points as Monaghan overcame Donegal in Ballybofey.

11. Ciaran McFaul (Derry)

The 18 year old will remember his intercounty debut after hitting 1-1 in a fine individual display.

12. Andy McDonnell (Louth)

McDonnell was to the fore as Louth booked their place in the last four of the O'Byrne Cup with a 11-point victory over Longford in Drogheda.

13. Darren McCurry (Tyrone)

Five points from play was a profitable return from the Red Hand County's number 13 against Antrim.

14. Barry Grogan (Tipperary)

Grogan was on target with 1-6, the goal arriving via the penalty spot, as Tipperary scored a long-awaited competitive football win over McGrath Cup holders Cork.

15. Colm Kelly (Laois)

Colm Kelly was in inspired form as he sent over nine points in the O'Moore County's convincing O'Byrne Cup win over Athlone IT

Walter Cronc

He's a Derry man. From the Loup club!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 13, 2013, 10:15:24 PM

Meant to say the only player on the team who looked capable of picking up breaking ball was Lafferty when he came on. Performed well after being wasteful last week. Maybe he'll get a go further out the pitch on Wednesday night. Wonder will Harte play most of the new players on Wednesday given that Jordanstown have been weak.

Radda bout yeee

Redhand Santa

Tyrone team to play UUJ
Comórtas: Corn Dr Mhic Cionnaith

Cluiche: Tír Eoghain  v  Ollscoil Baile Shurtáin

Ionad: Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Omaigh

Dáta: 16-01-13

1 Pascal McConnell An Baile Nua

2 Barry Tierney An Omaigh

3 Cathal McCarron An Droim Mhór

4 Dean McNally Cill Dhreasa

5 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin

6 Joe McMahon An Omaigh

7 Ryan McKenna Eaglais

8 Conor Clarke An Omaigh

9 Sean Cavanagh  An Mhaigh

10 Kevin Gallagher An Baile Nua

11 Jonathan Lafferty Urnaí

12 Plunkett Kane  Oileán a'Ghuail

13 Martin Penrose  An Charraig Mhór

14 Mark Donnelly An Charraig Mhór

15 Conor McAlliskey Cluain Eo

16 John Devine Aireagal Chiaráin

17 Mattie Donnelly Trí Leac

18 Danny McBride An Srath Ban

19 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair

20 Aidan McCrory Aireagal Chiaráin

21 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

22 Justin McMahon An Omaigh

23 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

24 Sean Warnock An Caisleán Glas

25 Stephen O'Neill Clann na nGael

26 Kyle Coney Árd Bó

Good to see Coney and Justy on bench. Thought he might have experimented even more and maybe give Cavanagh a break.

Fuzzman

Glad to see Justy and Kyle back into the fold alright
Is Ronan O'Neill training or out injured still?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 15, 2013, 10:20:35 PM
Glad to see Justy and Kyle back into the fold alright
Is Ronan O'Neill training or out injured still?

Due back around March AFAIK.

God14

Glad to see Cathal McCarron getting a run at Full back. Never fancied him in the half back line last year. He's only 25 now - the ideal age really for a No. 3
Seen him have a few tough days at full back a few years ago (v Paddy Bradley in a league game sticks out in my mind) but he's played his best football for Tyrone in the fullback line as well (v Monaghan 2010 Ulster Final)
I think he's come on since then & with Justys injury problems I think he deserves a good sustained run in the position. Conor Clark obviously a good option as well.