McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

In fairness to Mickey Harte, he had a rough enough week of it, standing over the tyrone player who murdered his father, at the funeral earlier this week. He had enough things to deal with in the past, without something like that.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 13, 2013, 05:03:50 PM
In fairness to Mickey Harte, he had a rough enough week of it, standing over the tyrone player who murdered his father, at the funeral earlier this week. He had enough things to deal with in the past, without something like that.

Its just  terrible i hope he is ok  :D

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on January 13, 2013, 05:12:03 PM

Hope you are ok too Tommy, very sensitive on racism, on a bullshit story.

tommysmith

What are you raving about now  :D

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on January 13, 2013, 05:37:05 PM
What are you raving about now  :D

You know well what I am raving about. :)

Maguire01

Quote from: J70 on January 13, 2013, 03:34:30 PM
Donegal 1-5 Monaghan 3-16 in Ballybofey.
Looks like the All Ireland is Monaghan's to loose.  :P

If nothing else, we've won an away game. That's one up on 2012!

God14

Any of the Tyrone ones at the game today, could they give us a run down on how the newcomers faired out?

Gold

Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2013, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Itchy you're so right, am surprised Scullion wasn't lynched as Tyronies would be very protective over St Mickey!

No one talks to my Mickey like that! Scullion better watch out.

Tony doesnt follow the heard, he says and does what he likes.   We werent good today, had plenty of possession but couldnt turn it into scores. Tyrone scored at ease and couldve had a number of goals but for a few great saves from Kerr.

Our full forward line werent great at getting out in front to win ball, prefering to stand still as per the last million years--whilst Tyrone's wee corner forwards were flying out to the ball.

Gave away awful first goal--keeper gave ball to full forward but we somehow got the ball back, only for a defender trying to clear the ball on our goalline being blocked down into our net by P Harte. We got level through a Niblock Penalty )our best player by a distance, roasted C Gormley) but again gave away an easy goal and were a distance behind thereafter.

Tyrone corner forward (McCurry?) looks sharp and scored about 5 points. Lafferty looks a  player and scored a point when he came on.

Mick McCann is better out the field--he takes too much out of the ball at full forward. Micko Herron was disapointing at FF, didnt show for the ball. Forwards panicked and ball handling was poor. We're lacking class unfortunately in front of goal--one good score came at start from McVeigh after about 5 quick handpasses but a further pass was on to slip Mick in 1 on 1--too many players freak out and think you have to shoot when you are about 20 yards out when it is the simplist thing to slip another pass--but then there arent many Jamie Clarkes and Oisins out there, players who dont panic and can slow it down (Matrix -style) in their heads when they are close in--we'd another chance near the end when someone (i was too far away to see who) just drove a shot at the keepers hands when clean through on goal.

Best for us: Niblock, Kerr (save for early mistake) and Kevin O'Boyle.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

rodney trotter

Quote from: Gold on January 13, 2013, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2013, 04:59:30 PM
Quote from: Rois on January 13, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Itchy you're so right, am surprised Scullion wasn't lynched as Tyronies would be very protective over St Mickey!

No one talks to my Mickey like that! Scullion better watch out.

Tony doesnt follow the heard, he says and does what he likes.   We werent good today, had plenty of possession but couldnt turn it into scores. Tyrone scored at ease and couldve had a number of goals but for a few great saves from Kerr.

Our full forward line werent great at getting out in front to win ball, prefering to stand still as per the last million years--whilst Tyrone's wee corner forwards were flying out to the ball.

Gave away awful first goal--keeper gave ball to full forward but we somehow got the ball back, only for a defender trying to clear the ball on our goalline being blocked down into our net by P Harte. We got level through a Niblock Penalty )our best player by a distance, roasted C Gormley) but again gave away an easy goal and were a distance behind thereafter.

Tyrone corner forward (McCurry?) looks sharp and scored about 5 points. Lafferty looks a  player and scored a point when he came on.

Mick McCann is better out the field--he takes too much out of the ball at full forward. Micko Herron was disapointing at FF, didnt show for the ball. Forwards panicked and ball handling was poor. We're lacking class unfortunately in front of goal--one good score came at start from McVeigh after about 5 quick handpasses but a further pass was on to slip Mick in 1 on 1--too many players freak out and think you have to shoot when you are about 20 yards out when it is the simplist thing to slip another pass--but then there arent many Jamie Clarkes and Oisins out there, players who dont panic and can slow it down (Matrix -style) in their heads when they are close in--we'd another chance near the end when someone (i was too far away to see who) just drove a shot at the keepers hands when clean through on goal.

Best for us: Niblock, Kerr (save for early mistake) and Kevin O'Boyle.

Is Tomas McCann injured, not listed for the McKenna Cup? Aodhan Gallagher missing aswell.

No sign of Kevin McGourty either, CJ had a operation on a hip I think?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Worrying that Conor Gormley is being roasted - we could be in deeper trouble when the sun's a mite higher in a grey sky.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 13, 2013, 05:21:55 PM

Care to elaborate here??

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 13, 2013, 07:45:55 PM

Care to elaborate here??

Not particualry no.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 13, 2013, 07:49:18 PM

Care to elaborate here??

Not particualry no.

Didn't think so!! Clown.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 13, 2013, 07:53:06 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 13, 2013, 07:49:18 PM

Care to elaborate here??

Not particualry no.

Didn't think so!! Clown.

Good man yourself, I didn't answer your question, so you call me a clown.
I am not going into the details of it as it not for a internet forum.

Walter Cronc