10 Chrissy McKaigue
11 Mark Lynch
12 Sean Leo McGoldrick

13 Cailean O'Boyle
14 Paddy Bradley
15 Conleith Gilligan

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 27, 2012, 10:46:35 AM
Interesting to hear you say that FoSB as I was wondering was he just back in to get another chance  and then be dropped again for the league. Does he catch much clean ball? Is he a good fielder?

Caught a fair bit Fuzzman, with a solid midfield presence, though I suppose at that stage Fermanagh were a beaten docket.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

God14

This will be a decent contest  - really looking forward to it. First real test of the year, both managers naming strong sides, and by all accounts out to win the match.

Fancy Tyrone to shade it, but wouldnt stick much cash on it. It'll be a good tight game, but Tyrone look to have more options on the bench, and the bench could be important as both teams tire. It is January after all.

Much will depend on the service provided to the respective marksmen SON & PB. Would love to see a shoot out develop between the pair - but even in McKenna cup matches, id say this will be a defensive match, ultimately decided by the best organised & tight knit "back twelve"!

Here's hoping for a good clean contest between these sides, hopefully we are talking about the football again next week, and not any silly nonsense...

God14

Fuzzman - I would be a big fan of Mattie Donnelly and pleased to see Harte has stuck with him after a few fairly flat performances to date.
Harte obviously see's something in him, however in my opinion you play him in the full forward line - or not at all.
Any time I have seen him play, I was impressed. He's proved himself for his club, at sigerson for UUJ & he performed really well at Minor & Under 21 level for the county. So he deserves his chance again to make the step up.
He has clearly being hitting the weights as well, filling out rightly over this past 12 months.

I have seen very very little of Peter Hughes, so cant comment. I noticed Paddy Heaney rates him highly (see interview on teamtalkmag.com) so will be interested to see how he fairs out.

Re. Murphy from Galbally - good club player no doubt. However I feel Harte is scratching around for a possible partner for Colm Cavanagh at the moment in the middle of the park. Cassidy doesnt look overly fit. I dont think we will see much of Murphy for Tyrone this year if im honest with Sean Cavanagh & Kevin Hughes yet to return... Personally id have one of the McMahons in the middle.

tbrick18

Quote from: Captain Black on January 27, 2012, 10:58:45 AM
Derry team

1 Danny Devlin

2 Dermot McBride
3 Liam Morrow
4 Ryan Dillon

5 Gerard O'Kane
6 Brian McCallion
7 Barry McGoldrick

8 James Conway
9 Joe Diver

10 Chrissy McKaigue
11 Mark Lynch
12 Sean Leo McGoldrick

13 Cailean O'Boyle
14 Paddy Bradley
15 Conleith Gilligan

Where did you get this from CB? Didnt see it posted anywhere else.

Captain Black

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 27, 2012, 11:56:00 AM
Derry team

1 Danny Devlin

2 Dermot McBride
3 Liam Morrow
4 Ryan Dillon

5 Gerard O'Kane
6 Brian McCallion
7 Barry McGoldrick

8 James Conway
9 Joe Diver

10 Chrissy McKaigue
11 Mark Lynch
12 Sean Leo McGoldrick

13 Cailean O'Boyle
14 Paddy Bradley
15 Conleith Gilligan

http://derrygaa.ie/2012/01/power-ni-dr-mckenna-cup-final-derry-team-named/

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: God14 on January 27, 2012, 11:36:32 AM
This will be a decent contest  - really looking forward to it. First real test of the year, both managers naming strong sides, and by all accounts out to win the match.

Fancy Tyrone to shade it, but wouldnt stick much cash on it. It'll be a good tight game, but Tyrone look to have more options on the bench, and the bench could be important as both teams tire. It is January after all.

Much will depend on the service provided to the respective marksmen SON & PB. Would love to see a shoot out develop between the pair - but even in McKenna cup matches, id say this will be a defensive match, ultimately decided by the best organised & tight knit "back twelve"!

Here's hoping for a good clean contest between these sides, hopefully we are talking about the football again next week, and not any silly nonsense...

I think the 12 man defensive term should be banned! Its like the term recession - the more the media and others use it the worse the problem gets!!!  ;)

tbrick18

Quote from: Captain Black on January 27, 2012, 12:00:17 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 27, 2012, 11:56:00 AM
Derry team

1 Danny Devlin

2 Dermot McBride
3 Liam Morrow
4 Ryan Dillon

5 Gerard O'Kane
6 Brian McCallion
7 Barry McGoldrick

8 James Conway
9 Joe Diver

10 Chrissy McKaigue
11 Mark Lynch
12 Sean Leo McGoldrick

13 Cailean O'Boyle
14 Paddy Bradley
15 Conleith Gilligan

http://derrygaa.ie/2012/01/power-ni-dr-mckenna-cup-final-derry-team-named/

Good spot! Was on there earlier and didnt see it.
I think Forrester can feel hard done by here.
Also see Patsy Bradley names in the subs! Hopefully he'll play some part too.

Keane

Is this match going to be televised?

Fuzzman

EC Unique

Keane

Keane

I see Derry have named James Conway at midfield with him having missed all of last season from what I can tell. Is he a guy that would be expected to make Derry's 15 come championship time?

tbrick18

Right predictions time....

I'm going to say Derry by 3....with Paddy Bradley doing a few keepy-uppies near the end to keep us all entertained ;)

tbrick18

Quote from: Keane on January 27, 2012, 02:13:21 PM
I see Derry have named James Conway at midfield with him having missed all of last season from what I can tell. Is he a guy that would be expected to make Derry's 15 come championship time?

I think yes....always rated him highly. Was playing some great football last year before getting injured.