McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Mugsy's first start of the year. We can't complain that Mickey's not trying out new players anyway or giving lads experience in different positions. As a few of ye suggested Donnelly gets his chance at FF. How tall is he? McKenna another chance at MF and Justy will probably love the freedom of 7. I'd expect SoN, Penrose and a few others to come on 2nd have if we're struggling. I'd sa Mickey prefers coming from behind in games rather than finishing a game poorly. Should Fermanagh win it will give them a huge shot in the arm for the season. A bit of belief in Canavan and themselves. Any word on cassidy? Wouldn't it be nice come June if we had a descent settled MF pairing. How's CC done so far this year? Is he catching much clean ball. Will we ever see the day him and Sean line out at MF together?

Redhand Santa

Apart from tiring in the second half on Wednesday C Cav has had a very good McKenna Cup. He's worked hard, caught ball and got a few scrores. At this stage looks like a good option for midfield this year. But really all depends how he steps up in the league when the standard rises. Not surprised he tired on Wednesday given the conditions and it being his third game in the middle.

Jimmyjimson

Anybody know if the matches are on the radio today ?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Jimmyjimson on January 22, 2012, 10:47:37 AM

Looking to know the same, q101 covering Derrytresk in the All Ireland club Semi.  Radio Ulster maybe ? 

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 22, 2012, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: Jimmyjimson on January 22, 2012, 10:47:37 AM

Looking to know the same, q101 covering Derrytresk in the All Ireland club Semi.  Radio Ulster maybe ?

Doesn't look likely. Q101 might do the odd update. Twitter's probably the best bet for 'Live' coverage.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Carmen Stateside

Great coverage on twitter for weds game! Hopefully the same today then!

trileacman

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 22, 2012, 09:11:02 AM
Mugsy's first start of the year. We can't complain that Mickey's not trying out new players anyway or giving lads experience in different positions. As a few of ye suggested Donnelly gets his chance at FF. How tall is he? McKenna another chance at MF and Justy will probably love the freedom of 7. I'd expect SoN, Penrose and a few others to come on 2nd have if we're struggling. I'd sa Mickey prefers coming from behind in games rather than finishing a game poorly. Should Fermanagh win it will give them a huge shot in the arm for the season. A bit of belief in Canavan and themselves. Any word on cassidy? Wouldn't it be nice come June if we had a descent settled MF pairing. How's CC done so far this year? Is he catching much clean ball. Will we ever see the day him and Sean line out at MF together?

I'd say Donnelly is 6' or 6'1.

I think Sean and Colm lined out there once last year?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Also lads, any links to radio threads or this celebrated twitter page?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

give her dixie

Live update from the Athletic Grounds:

http://www.facebook.com/tyronegaa

https://twitter.com/#!/TyroneGAALive

Tyrone 0-02  Fermanagh 1-02 nearly half time.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Owen Mulligan scores a point

Tyrone 0-03 Fermanagh 1-02

Penrose on for McNiece

give her dixie

Half time at the Athletic Grounds

Tyrone 0-03 Fermanagh 1-02

give her dixie

Mark Donnelly and Penrose score a point apiece  for Tyrone

Tyrone 0-05 Fermanagh 1-02

give her dixie

Tyrone go a point in front with a score from Ronan O'Neill

give her dixie

Tyrone go in front following a free by Kyle Coney

Tyrone 0-07 Fermanagh 1-03