McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

intheknowhow

Just wondering how did Kieran Hughes play at full for UUJ? Heard promising stories about him and i believe he playing for Scotstown U21s who are playing in the Ulster Tournament at the end of the month . Would it be worth going to watch him?

Maguire01

Quote from: intheknowhow on January 10, 2012, 04:11:00 PM
Just wondering how did Kieran Hughes play at full for UUJ? Heard promising stories about him and i believe he playing for Scotstown U21s who are playing in the Ulster Tournament at the end of the month . Would it be worth going to watch him?
From what i've heard he had a great game. Will be great to have him back this year.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: onefaircounty on January 10, 2012, 12:04:04 AM
Is that keeper from Tyrone, was he the same boy in nets for Dungannon Swifts tonight.

Don't think so. Seen a wee bit of the Swifts game, and it wasn't John Devine in nets.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

intheknowhow

Might just go to Creggan to watch him play! Do they have a chance against omagh?

BennyHarp

Quote from: onefaircounty on January 10, 2012, 12:04:04 AM
Is that keeper from Tyrone, was he the same boy in nets for Dungannon Swifts tonight.

Yes, the St Marys keeper is Niall Morgan from Edendork and he was playing for the Swifts the other night. He's a very good goalie with an excellent kick out and a la Stephen Cluxton takes long range frees and 45s. Hopefully Mickey will give him a run in the Tyrone team before we lose him to soccer.
That was never a square ball!!

JHume

Quote from: intheknowhow on January 10, 2012, 04:11:00 PM

Hughes was excellent and to be honest gave Neil McGee a bit of a roasting. He moved out to half forward for the last 15 mins and I'd say McGee was glad to see the back of him.

Hughes didn't score, but he caused havoc every time the ball went into the full forward line. Out in front all the time, jab lifting the ball off either foot, and he created a couple of goal chances by sending in passes that his teammates just couldn't quite get to.

An impressive performance - it's a pity he didn't score right enough as that would have made it a complete performance. By my tally though, he didn't even hit a wide.

A play-making, non-scoring performance at full forward.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Don't see this elsewhere on the board, Tyrone team for Sunday's match...

1 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
2 Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
4 Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
5 Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
6 Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 Stephen McNulty – Cluain Eo
8 Aidan Cassidy – Eochar
9 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
11 Peter Hughes – Eiscreach
12 Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 Ciaran Gervin – Doire Locháin
14 Niall McKenna – Domhnach Mór
15 Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh

17 Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac
18 Jonathan Lafferty – Urnaí
19 Damian McCaul – Domhnach Mór
20 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó
21 Stephen McNally – Oileán a'Ghuail
22 Patrick McNiece – Oileán a'Ghuail
23 Michael Murphy – An Gallbhaile
24 Sean O'Neill – An Droim Mhór
25 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
26 PJ Quinn – Baile na Móna

ONeill

Bit of experimentation there. Lafferty loses out to McKenna at FF despite a decent showing. Harte moved out of CHB. A few other switches. McKenna at FF will be an interesting one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Even for the McKenna Cup its a very experimental team by Harte's standards. Interested to see how McNulty gets on at half back. Does anyone know much about McNamee? Very young forward line to. He can't be accused of not giving the younger boys a chance. McMahon will probably enjoy getting a go out the pitch.

Just_Browsing

Reading Rony McNamee has broke the ankle in U21 trial game - very unlucky seeing as he was due to get first Senior intercounty start on sunday.

Orior

I saw Armagh snatch a draw against St Mary's in Lurgan a few years ago. I expect St Mary's to go one better on Sunday.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Fuzzman

I for one am delighted to see Mickey chop and change as much as he can.
The fact that he's not starting Lafferty speaks volumes of how Mickey rates him already I'd say.
Of course one swallow never made a summer but its good to see a freshness and hunger in the squad again.

Has McKenna played FF before, even for his club? How will he fair there dee yee think?
I hope to God Cassidy can stay injury free for a while now and not be another Collie Holmes style player.

For us non Tyrone based fans, can anyone give us some info on players like Peter Hughes, McNeice, Gervin, McNulty and McNamee?
How old are they and did they play county minor and what hope have they of making the squad.
Will be interesting to see how young O'Neill does this week. Will he get a full game?
I've not saw him since minor. Has he "filled out" at all or is he another wee small easy pushed off the ball corner forward?  ;)

Any speculation of any more retirees?

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 13, 2012, 03:02:07 PM
I for one am delighted to see Mickey chop and change as much as he can.
The fact that he's not starting Lafferty speaks volumes of how Mickey rates him already I'd say.
Of course one swallow never made a summer but its good to see a freshness and hunger in the squad again.

Has McKenna played FF before, even for his club? How will he fair there dee yee think?
I hope to God Cassidy can stay injury free for a while now and not be another Collie Holmes style player.

For us non Tyrone based fans, can anyone give us some info on players like Peter Hughes, McNeice, Gervin, McNulty and McNamee?
How old are they and did they play county minor and what hope have they of making the squad.
Will be interesting to see how young O'Neill does this week. Will he get a full game?
I've not saw him since minor. Has he "filled out" at all or is he another wee small easy pushed off the ball corner forward?  ;)

Any speculation of any more retirees?

No more retirees - Mc Kenna plays FF for his club on and off.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 13, 2012, 03:02:07 PM

Mc Namee Suffers Ankle Injury

The new season is less than two weeks old but already Tyrone have been dealt a blow with the news that Ronan Mc Namee has broken his ankle. Aghyaran clubman Mc Namee had been picked by Mickey Harte to make his senior inter county debut against Antrim in the Mc Kenna Cup at Casement Park this Sunday but on the same night that the team was announced he suffered the injury early in a challenge match when playing for the Tyrone Under Twenty One trial side against Ulster junior champions Derrytresk.

http://www.teamtalkmag.com/?p=12063
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...