McKenna Cup 2024

Started by never kickt a ball, December 30, 2006, 02:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Robert Emmet Park on January 06, 2012, 12:22:28 AM
Listen, there are 32 Counties in Northern Ireland and down south, and 31 of them have a Gaelic football team with the exact same name as there county so why should Londonderry be called Derry, I think it is highly disrespectful to the British by dropping the London. So I will not rest until Londonderry is placed upon the GAA jersey of Londonderry and also they replace the Derry written on the Sam Maguire Cup with Londonderry.

Don't expect that to happen anytime soon, dude.

By the way, I presume what's written on Sam is 'Doire', not 'Derry'.

gander

Quote from: regal on January 05, 2012, 11:35:49 PM
On the Armagh squad - what club does Niall Geoghan play for? Good to see Swift back and good to see the 2 maghery boys get a chance. Still no sign of Stefan Forker?

Niall plays for Middletown

PAULD123

Quote from: Robert Emmet Park on January 06, 2012, 12:22:28 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 06, 2012, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: Robert Emmet Park on January 05, 2012, 11:42:40 PM
Would highly back Londonderry to win and yes I am a protestant and I follow the GAA, quite vividly.

Not vividly enough to know there is no team called londonderry in the mckenna cup no matter what you would like them to be called. Anyway, I predict Cavan will beat derry on Sunday. Btw, where I'm from plenty of protestants play and follow gaa - you are not alone.

Listen, there are 32 Counties in Northern Ireland and down south, and 31 of them have a Gaelic football team with the exact same name as there county so why should Londonderry be called Derry, I think it is highly disrespectful to the British by dropping the London. So I will not rest until Londonderry is placed upon the GAA jersey of Londonderry and also they replace the Derry written on the Sam Maguire Cup with Londonderry.

This has got nothing to do with the McKenna cup. By all means please open a separate thread and I am sure you will get plenty of replies. Incidentally there is a team that does not have the exact same name as its county name. And its not Derry.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Would highly back Londonderry to win and yes I am a protestant and I follow the GAA, quite vividly.

Were you an avid follower, you might be worth taking seriously.  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Breffni_Yank

Still no Cavan panel? Maybe we are going to do a Kilkenny on it ???

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2012, 10:43:31 PM
Are Antrim really that dung? Haven't seen a panel yet though.

Antrim team to play Fermanagh in the McKenna Cup on Sunday at Brewster Park, Enniskillen

1  Willie McSorley (St Brigid's)

2  Patrick Gallagher (Glenavy)
3  Ricky Johnston (Creggan)
4  Ryan Daly (St. Brigid's)

5  Tony Scullion (Cargin)
6  Justin Crozier (Cargin)
7  James Loughrey (St. Brigid's)

8  Conal Kelly (St. John's)
9  Aodhan Gallagher (St. Gall's) Captain

10 Conor Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
11 Kevin Marron (Moneyglass)
12 Michael Armstrong (O'Donovan Rossa)

13 Colm Duffin (Moneyglass)
14 Michael Magill (Randalstown)
15 Paddy Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)

16 Chris Kerr (St Gall's)
17 Kevin Brady (Moneyglass)
18 Mark Dougan (Creggan)
19 Sean Finch (O'Donovan Rossa)
20 Marty Johnston (Creggan)
21 Mark McAleese (Portglenone)
22 Patrick McBride (St John's)
23 Michael McCann (Cargin)
24 Tomas McCann (Cargin)
25 Simon McDonagh (St. John's)
26 Brian Neeson (St. John's)
27 Deaghlan O'Hagan (St. Brigid's)

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Don Johnson

Oh great, another character. Who's alt is this?

haranguerer

ffs - could he make it any more obvious he is taking the piss? How hard is it to ignore, or answer in kind if you desire??

Orior

What age is Antrim's  Kevin Brady? He seems tpo have been around forever.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaabellting

Anyone know whether queens wikk have a strong outfit out against tyrone. wasnt overly impressed with them in last years sigerson.
Is stevie mc donnell in the armagh squad or have they picked a team foe.clash against down on sunday. fancy.down to beat them at.home.in newry especially.with the crossmaglen lads not available.
remember these two sides played out a cracker of a game in the first round of this competition last year.

6/4 for tyrone and down double with william hill the bet for me this weekend......

Geton!!!!!!!

AQMP

Quote from: Orior on January 06, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
What age is Antrim's  Kevin Brady? He seems tpo have been around forever.

Think he's 33 ???  Great servant to the county.

pearseog

Quote from: Gaabellting on January 06, 2012, 04:57:11 PM
Anyone know whether queens wikk have a strong outfit out against tyrone. wasnt overly impressed with them in last years sigerson.
Is stevie mc donnell in the armagh squad or have they picked a team foe.clash against down on sunday. fancy.down to beat them at.home.in newry especially.with the crossmaglen lads not available.
remember these two sides played out a cracker of a game in the first round of this competition last year.

6/4 for tyrone and down double with william hill the bet for me this weekend......

Geton!!!!!!!

Stevie is taking a break until March i believe..

Captain Obvious

Armagh team, not expecting much with that line up.

Geoghan, Conlon, Vernon, McKenna, D Lavery, A Mallon, Shields, McDonnell, Duffy, A Forker, B Mallon, Swift, Campbell, BJ Padden, McVerry

Midman

been a long time since a Middletown man represented Armagh, good luck tomorrow Niall