Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis the Red

Pat Molloy

laughinpaddy

Quote from: Louis the Red on April 27, 2007, 10:52:48 AM
I hear J P Donnolly's transfer request was up with the county board last night.  Anyone hear how it went?
Quote from: Pat Molloy on April 27, 2007, 12:05:21 PM
on what grounds??? ???
They spelt his name wrong! :D
instead of the o it should have been an e, therefore his transfer could not go through :P :P :D :D
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Pat Molloy

tackle

Whitecross v Dromintee (Oliver Hearty)                 Dromintee
Crossmaglen v Harps (Seamus O'Neill)                   Crossmaglen
Culloville v Maghery (Paul Seacroft)                       Maghery
Pearse Og v Clan na Gael (Vincent O'Neill)             Ogs
Tir na nÓg v Mullaghbawn (Padraig Duffy) (6.00)   Tir na Na nOg

Feckitt

Lads, going back to the discussion about Geraldines, Cross Red Hands and Naomh Brid, a few pages ago.  I was wondering were there any other clubs that have been and gone in the last 30 years or so.  I'm not talking 100years ago, because every townland in the county had a team at one time or other.  I remember Geraldines used to play against Whitecross, Belleek and Shanes in the Carrickcruppen tourament every year.  I remember Phelim Brady's the last time around, but I was surprised to hear of Cross Red Hands. 

Aghdavoyle

Dromintee were out of existence for a long time and reformed in the early eighties

Midman

I remember years ago playing against an underage tema from Kilclooney (sp?) anyone know when they were in existence until?

That was the Parish team of Clady, Ballymacnab and Granemore which last played in the late 90s/early 00, before that (early 90s) John Mitchels (Ballymacnab and Granemore) played for a few years.
O'Neills Therapist

Orior

Quote from: Feckitt on April 27, 2007, 03:52:04 PM
Lads, going back to the discussion about Geraldines, Cross Red Hands and Naomh Brid, a few pages ago.  I was wondering were there any other clubs that have been and gone in the last 30 years or so.  I'm not talking 100years ago, because every townland in the county had a team at one time or other.  I remember Geraldines used to play against Whitecross, Belleek and Shanes in the Carrickcruppen tourament every year.  I remember Phelim Brady's the last time around, but I was surprised to hear of Cross Red Hands. 

My uncle play for Lilo (sp?) in the 50's. They were somewhere between Gilford and Lurgan - Heganboy seemed to know more about them.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh4SamAgain

Lilo? Your makin that up surely ta God! Did they play on a beach?  ;D ;D
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Result

Ballymacnabb 0-10 Carrickcruppen 4-09
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

bennydorano

Cross beat Harps 1-14 to 2-5, could have been a lot worse.

pintsofguinness

The bridge beat St Peter's, I think there was about 5 in it at the end.

Funny oul game.  We had quite an experimental side out, I was worried it'd bite us in the arse but we led from the beginning and after a Liam Campbell goal mid way through the first half and D McCann's converted penalty on the stroke of half time there was 6 between the teams.
St. Peter's weren't on for lying down though and within five minutes of the restart had a goal and point to our 3 wides, 2 between the teams.  We opened up a 5 point lead and with about ten minutes to go they found the net again!!  The lads worked away and opened up yet another 5 point lead and held on to it this time! 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aghdavoyle

Dromintee won by 6 or 7 points.

Lo and behold the ref today was from tir na nog and actully struck a couple of our players two weeks ago.

Result? verbal threats of sendings off throughout and a straight red for one of our lads for nothing. refereeing, armagh style...