Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2010, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on January 11, 2010, 07:10:17 PM
....approx 5,600 covered seats in the new 2 tier stand, press box, 2 new changing rooms, first aid room and safety control room. sounds exciting ps with all seats being covered down to pitch level.

Thats great news. Any idea when?

Work on the stand is due to start in the next couple of weeks, and it is hoped to have it finished this year. I would envisage that it will be not unlike the stand in Newry, i.e. very impressive at one end and then tapering down, due to the available ground on that side of the pitch narrowing rapidly into the top corner at the Dalton End.

Bainisteoir

Quote from: thewanderer on January 11, 2010, 07:10:17 PM
Fitz i,m always in for a bit of devilment. Hope i,m not correct for two reasons 1) dont really want to be lambasted again 2) i should have placed a bet and then i could retire :D Bainsteior made the call to one who knows,approx 5,600 covered seats in the new 2 tier stand, press box, 2 new changing rooms, first aid room and safety control room. sounds exciting ps with all seats being covered down to pitch level.

Spot on Wanderer....seen todays Irish News. I see Seamus King mentioned that Clans will be next to get work done, do the clans have to provide any of the funds required for this project i wonder or will it be paid exclusively by the county board and grant schemes?

armagh leg-end

so from what i hear the leagues are going to be restructured with 12 teams in each league. does it mean that all the team thyat went down stay in the same division as last year?
Ard Mhacha Abu

blewuporstuffed

who would be the tp 3/4 minor teams in armagh for the in-coming season?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

winsamsoon

Prob looking at Harps/ Killeavy/ Cross and maybe St pats for the minor teams

Clans are starting work on Davitt in the next couple of weeks, The plans are to completely shift Davitt so as the bottom goals will now be at the old 21 yard line. In between the 21 and the clubhouse will be an all weather facility . After the new pitch is completed there are another two stages that deal with Changing rooms and another few things.

As a club we had to raise a certain portion of the money and i am happy to say that through a lot of hard work we got there, the rest is council grants and different stuff. But it looks the part. Only down side no homes games this year for the club. :-\ :-\ :-\
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Bainisteoir

Quote from: winsamsoon on January 13, 2010, 02:21:01 PM
Prob looking at Harps/ Killeavy/ Cross and maybe St pats for the minor teams

Clans are starting work on Davitt in the next couple of weeks, The plans are to completely shift Davitt so as the bottom goals will now be at the old 21 yard line. In between the 21 and the clubhouse will be an all weather facility . After the new pitch is completed there are another two stages that deal with Changing rooms and another few things.

As a club we had to raise a certain portion of the money and i am happy to say that through a lot of hard work we got there, the rest is council grants and different stuff. But it looks the part. Only down side no homes games this year for the club. :-\ :-\ :-\

What exactly will the county board be funding then? Plans sound great.. Fair play

winsamsoon

Not 100% sure on the county boards input but i think it is a minimum as we have now secured the sole lease of the pitch for 99 years from the county board. Making us responsible for repairs and other issues.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

County Board are not contributing anything at all, they did sign it back to us so that in itself allowed us to apply for the grants. The first phase of our works will start within the next 3 weeks and it is as Winsam says...new pitch and a 3G (40mx35m) pitch beside the clubhouse.

2nd phase is the stadia safety which is a grant thru Sport NI. However if you have read the Irish News today you will discover that if this executive falls thru out next phase of works will suffer as £1 million will no doubt be put on hold, that phase of works consists of covered terracing down both sides of the new pitch with roughly 1000 seats to one side as well as disabled seating and toilets etc.

We have achieved our target for the 3rd phase and that was to raise 10% of the final costs for our new pavilion and changing rooms which has all the latest indoor hall, weights room, kitchen, creche etc. This will hopefull happen within the next 2-3 years but again who knows...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thewanderer

Minor favs for next year would be cross as u16 champs 2008, ogs as u16 champs 2009 and r/u2008, harps minor champs 2009, killeavey 2009 u16 r/u, keady as 2008 u16 acl winners.

stiffler

Are the clans plans available for viewing anywhere on the net?

sounds impressive, fair play.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

charlie stubbs

where clans playing home games this year?

illdecide

Quote from: stiffler on January 13, 2010, 06:29:04 PM
Are the clans plans available for viewing anywhere on the net?

sounds impressive, fair play.

No, we don't have them online anywhere but if you were close by there is a chart up in the club showing the proposed developmets

illdecide

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 13, 2010, 07:44:56 PM
where clans playing home games this year?

Possibly Clann Eireann but thats not official...i'd say mostly there but on occasion else where

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Ogs v Mullaghbawn in the championship

el_cuervo_fc

Harps got a bye

Cruppen V Cross

Maghery V Clann Eireann