Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Quote from: Hank Everlast on October 22, 2007, 10:09:06 AM
Anyone know how collegeland got on?

Heard they were beat, but dont know how reliable my source is
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

full back

Are all this weekends fixtures on Saturday?

Onion Bag

Full Back,

Yeh all league fixtures will be on Sat, Sat is the official last day of the leagues

altovito

winsamsoon and illdecide
you are both incorrect about last year.the problem was the playoffs last year.even if you hadnt given whitecross the points they would have still been in the playoffs as wolfe tones were the only team that automatically went down and 2 points would have made no difference.only for the playoffs last year newtown wouldnt be in division 2 as they didnt finish second from bottom

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Lissan 2-11
C'Land 0-9

IN Results page
Its all about the Hurling.

Feckitt

According to the results Cullaville won and Whitecross lost.  I thought that this scenario meant Whitecross would be relegated, but according to the latest league table they are still level on points.  Is this correct?

High Catch

Whitecross beat Maghery by 3 points - so the league tables are indeed correct.

illdecide

Quote from: altovito on October 22, 2007, 11:05:29 AM
winsamsoon and illdecide
you are both incorrect about last year.the problem was the playoffs last year.even if you hadnt given whitecross the points they would have still been in the playoffs as wolfe tones were the only team that automatically went down and 2 points would have made no difference.only for the playoffs last year newtown wouldnt be in division 2 as they didnt finish second from bottom

Well there you go!!!  It's not often i'm right but on this occasion i'm wrong again ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tevez

Cullyhanna beat the Ogs in the under 21 championship. Didn't see that one coming. Was anyone at the match

Onion Bag

WEDNESDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Boyle Transport

ACL Division 3

Collegeland v An Port Mor - P.Hughes

SATURDAY 27TH OCTOBER

Classic Mineral Water Company U21FC @ 2.00pm

St. Patricks v Carrickcruppin - S.O'Neill

Boyle Transport

ACL Division 1 @ 4.00pm

Pearse Og v Crossmaglen - E.Nugent

Clan na Gael v Dromintee - R.Quigley

Mullabawn v Maghery - P.Duffy

ACL Division 4 @ 4.00pm

O'Hanlons v Derrynoose - G.Smith

Eire Og v Shane O'Neills - S.McClelland

Grange v Belleek - K.Murtagh

SUNDAY 28TH OCTOBER

Classic Mineral Water Company U21FC @ 2.00pm

Granemore v Madden - M.Leonard

altovito

stpats must have a good underage structure with winning u16 and minors and now u21 in latter stages.
killeavey deserved to go up,cruppen not been consistent enough this year.stpats are worthy winners of the league and should give give a good account of themselves in the top division from what i have seen.how crossmaglen can bleat in the papers about teams not playing them then go out and let culloville beat them.strange taking hearty off. culloville blues score a goal in last minute when 2 points down.i an sure whitecross are happy :D

Edgeofthesquare

Whether the C'ville result was a strange one or Cullaville actually are better than the All Ireland Champions and good enough to beat them  ::) is neither here nor there, the fact is the dreaded playoffs is now what faces these 2 teams, and at the end of the day the team good enough to stay in Div1 will win.  Should be an interesting affair tho, with both teams having beat each other in the league this year with Whitecross winning Championship the final by a single point,....... Wouldn't like to take bets on this one ???

Onion Bag

Who's favourites to win the U21 championship now, Granemore should give it a good shot, with a good win over Cross, Although i was talking to a man yesterday and he told me this Cruppen team is the business! any comments?

TG4

it seems to me from the team that crossfire has listed that cross had their strongest available team out against culloville. i think it might be slightly unfair to cullloville to  say that cross allowed culloville to win this game.the fact is that cross were only beaten by one other team this year in a competitive fixture so i say fair play to culloville. they needed to win to get into a play off position and they got it. from what i have heard culloville lead the match for practically the whole game with cross only taking the lead with around 5 mins left. i also find it very hard to believe that players of the calibre of the mc entee twins, donaldson, aaron kernan, oisin mc conville etc would simply allow culloville to beat them. one thing you can always be sure of when playing cross is that you will get nothing handy against them and they are not reknowned for doing any favours for opposing teams.

bennydorano

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 22, 2007, 03:52:50 PM
Who's favourites to win the U21 championship now, Granemore should give it a good shot, with a good win over Cross, Although i was talking to a man yesterday and he told me this Cruppen team is the business! any comments?
'Cruppen?? not from what I seen of them v the Harps, Granemore have to be favs, weren't they the corresponding minor champs.