Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

Brendan Gorman,

I remember the last county final between Ogs and Crosss and he was the ref,

thought he didnt have a good game, and wilted under the pressure from Cross as the ogs were 5 - 1 with 10 minutes left on the first half he give cross a serious amout of easy frees to get them back in the game

i just hope hes grown a set of balls for this sunday

Candyman

he's a dung-bag and there are defo a lot better in the county???
could Paul Boylan not referee it??? lol  :D :D :D

upthecrups

Quote from: holylandsniper on September 25, 2007, 10:14:04 AM
QuoteStill hopefully they get the games played and there's no excuses for anybody.
From what i can gather, the county board could hinder them as all Carrickcruppens refixtures have to be agreed by other team and if they dont want to play it then they dont have to and therefore 'Cruppens chances are limited.  Why couldn't the county board make other teams play if not then 'cruppen get the points, as (ard mhacha abu maybe can back me up here) & say off all games outstanding, none were called off by Carrickcruppen.

Yes this is correct - one game was called off by ourselves due to a death in the club, can't mind which one but i think this has been replayed.
Two of the outstanding games were not cruppens fault - we travelled to keady, lined out and the referee failed to show.
We also lined out against annaghmore but they failed to appear, referee was there and the ball was threw in.  This match is down as a re fixture, you would think that two months after it the county board would have sorted this situation out, either we get the points or we don't.

The other fixtures we fell behind on were due to championship replays against Clan Eirean and Tir na Og.
These replays forfeited us the chance to play matches on the friday and sunday of these weekends.
Surely as the fixture pile up is not cruppens fault a bit of leway should be shown by the county board in reguard to getting fixtures played!

Onion Bag

Can anyone give me an insight as too what is happening in Divsion 4, Who is getting promoted?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

full back

Think 3 or 4 games left in Div 4
Belleek are as good as promoted & should go up as champions (Mullabrack didnt field against them at the weekend)
Grange are 3 points clear in 2nd place & should join them in Div 3

dontcare

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 24, 2007, 11:58:15 PM
QuoteDivision II
P W D L Pts
St Patrick's 17 16 0 1 32
Killeavey 18 14 1 3 29
St Michael's 17 11 3 3 25
Silverbridge 18 11 1 6 23
Carrickcruppen 14 11 0 3 22

Is the cut off date the end of October?

Cruppen will do shocking well to get all their games played if it is since there's only 6 weekends left.

Still hopefully they get the games played and there's no excuses for anybody. We're fierce close to promotion at this stage. 2 wins out of 5 will do provided that 1 of them is against Killeavy and 3 out of 5 would make certain. Be devestating to collapse at this stage but anything could happen although St Pat's would have be confident. Mind you, I'm sure the Bridge would love nothing more than to stick a spanner in the works on Saturday evening. Dare I do a mid 90s Fergie and suggest we'll see an improved performance from the harps  ;)

I think cullyhanna have it in the bag now, except of course if Killeavy beat them and cruppin get all their games played it may leave it tight but i still think they will be in top division next year, the game on sat against the bridge isnt on so as you say they the Bridge would love nothing more than to stick a spanner in the works on Saturday evening wont happen,

I seen a add on tv yesterday saying the gaa are doing a show on thursday evening on Cross Rangers, anyone know what station and what time

High Catch

What is the situation with league games involving teams who are safe from relegation and cannot be promoted?  Will these outstanding fixtures be played?

dontcare

Quote from: High Catch on September 25, 2007, 12:08:34 PM
What is the situation with league games involving teams who are safe from relegation and cannot be promoted?  Will these outstanding fixtures be played?

i think but not 100% that if the outstanding game is against a team who are fighting promotion or the possibility of going down a division you have to play them, if not there is probably no push on getting it re-fixed, not that fair of a way to do it as i feel all teams want as many games as possible.

Armagh Exile

Quotecould Paul Boylan not referee it???

Apparently Paul was asked to do it but had to turn it down as he is working on Sunday.
He offered it to Sam McClatchey but Sam told him that he had to act as a steward at the game.
Jimmy McKee and Paudraig  Hughes could not be considered as both Cross and Og's are involved.
The only official available on Sunday was Mr Gorman thereby its him who will received the thirty quid.

winsamsoon

So would  be i right in saying that bookies who base their odds on other bookies odds are basing them on the opinions of others. Don't be so stupid of course bookies odds are not based on opinions you spoon. Are you saying form doesn't come into it or past records or home records ask yourself fullback. People who would punt a lot would know what i was getting at when i said the bookies have ya. It wasn't yapping it was light hearted digs at the bookie which i am entitled to do as a punters. I'll say no more on the issue as this is about football.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Is that all refs would get exile £30. For the abuse some of them receive i would tend to give them a bit more. I think Gorman will be ok on sunday he is a wee bit pernicady about wee stupid things but this may be a good thing. Although he has pre conditions about certain players. He hates Martin O rourke a this was plain as day in the replay game. The lad had to be raped before he got a free (not that it would have mattered)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Spiritof98

Just got a TXT to say the Ogs Cross game is on TG4 this weekend, has anyone heard of this, I know they showed the Tyrone final last year.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

umgolaarmagh

it on the main gaaboard section with separate thread

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 25, 2007, 06:08:42 PM
Just got a TXT to say the Ogs Cross game is on TG4 this weekend, has anyone heard of this, I know they showed the Tyrone final last year.

coverage starts at 15:15 on TG4

illdecide

That documentary about Cross in on TV3 tomorrow night at 10:00pm as well, seen it advertised in the Irish News there. I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday, i think it will be a good game.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch