Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel-smuggler

it was  both tir na nog games in the championship and the league match against ballymacnab

corn02

GOH and Winsamsoon the same person perhaps?

Indeed you are right Winsamsoon, you have shown me the light, your intelligence levels knows no end. We may have not won the senior championship. (and on that point a club is just not about senior championships, it is about all levels and we have won plenty in other lelves) but I would rather be in a dedicated club like Dromintee than a club in decline like the Clans.

Take a lead from Illdecide and talk some sense man.

GOH if you think that Cross team is not admired you are extremely wrong, they have to be applauded. There are aspects wqithin the club I do not like.

Uladh

I have it on good authority that marty o'rourke broke both of his hands in the drawn game and couldn't play anywhere other than full forward as he could neither tackle nor fist pass the ball.

Dromintee had their chance to put cross away in the drawn game but missed it. A lot of other teams in ireland never put themselves in that position.

mark rooney is a good footballer but he'll never play county football. a long way short of that level.

stew

The Ogs had cross bate in the championship a couple of years ago only they imploded and Dromintee have had them on the rack only to lack the self belief to finish the job. Cross have been beatable and indeed should have been beaten on occasion but they refuse to lose and sometimes that is enough to get them over the finish line.

Dromintee are a great league side, a poor championship side.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Armamike

A lack of forwards who could win and put the ball over the bar was Dromintee's downfall. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Goats Do Shave

Is there many Cross men defecting to other neighbouring clubs to search for regular football?

Orior

On the news this morning, Dyas on his way to Oz?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Uladh

Quote from: stew on August 27, 2007, 10:00:37 PM
Dromintee are a great league side, a poor championship side.

Not true at all stew. they aren't a great league side. they are a good team but simply cross are better. noone else has beaten them in championship football for 7 or 8 years.

Dyas is already gone to oz.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 28, 2007, 08:08:53 AM
Is there many Cross men defecting to other neighbouring clubs to search for regular football?

Did ballyhegan not poach a few players from the same family a while back?  ;)

BenDover

Further signs of imcompetence from the County Board Or is it a conspiracy theory against the city teams: both the Ogs vs Maghery and the Cuchulainns vs Middletown fixed for the same evening.

Who is in charge of orgainising these fixtures

naka

even worse is the failure to allocate any games to cruppen this weekend whnever they are six games behind, maybe they are allowing them to rest before they take cross`s titles

el_cuervo_fc

ARMAGH'S rising star Kevin Dyas boarded a plane to Australia last night to begin a month-long trial with AFL club, Collingwood.

A representative from the Melbourne club flew to Ireland last weekend to watch Dyas play for his club Dromintee against Crossmaglen Rangers in the Armagh senior championship. Dyas was superb and the game ended in a draw.

Dyas will be met in Melbourne by Down's Martin Clarke who has proved to be a sensation since joining 'the Magpies'. Dyas and Clarke were opponents in last year's MacRory Cup final. Clarke

represented St Louis', Kilkeel while Dyas played for Abbey CBS.

The Dromintee lad spearheaded the Newry school to Hogan Cup glory when he scored 2-1 in the

All-Ireland Colleges' final against St Pat's, Navan. Since leaving the Abbey, Dyas began a course at the University of Ulster.

This year, he was on Jordanstown's Sigerson Cup panel, the Armagh U21 squad which won the Ulster title, and Joe Kernan's senior squad.

Dyas also received an offer from the Brisbane Lions, but Collingwood proved to be his first choice

Smokin Joe

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 28, 2007, 09:51:58 AM
A representative from the Melbourne club flew to Ireland last weekend to watch Dyas play for his club Dromintee against Crossmaglen Rangers in the Armagh senior championship. Dyas was superb and the game ended in a draw.

The scout sure picked a good game to watch the lad in.

thebandit

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 04:23:35 PM
Quoteok then,  were do they steal players from???  and why would they have to do this whenever they have possibly the best structure of any club in armagh
They steal players from their neighbouring clubs, john donaldson, john murtagh are not from Cross and have recently started targeting children in silverbridge.  Why do they do it, I've no idea.

Where is John Murtagh from then? Toome?

Uladh