Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Quote from: nabman on August 20, 2007, 09:31:00 AM

no football in the lad!! wat u on about -  the boy has undoubted quality.

Really..........................  :o

goh4205

Quote from: Uladh on August 20, 2007, 08:12:32 AM
I think you're right SJ, it was the sub keeper. surely if you were going to take a man on to hit that free it was cathal o'rourke?

McKee did a good job all day i thought. a few dubious decisions each way here and there but very good overall performance. It's difficult to explain that to the kiddies (especially the ones who've gotten their daddies to go to the trouble to set up a username for them). McKeown was a lucky boy to stay on the field as i counted 5 personal fouls in the first 15 minutes and aidan o'rourke could have walked for a high challenge on mckenna but swings and roundabouts.

Armagh don't have many refs of McKee's calibre and especially very few who can withstand the cross "influence", so its a pity he can't do the replay.

Interesting after the game yesterday that the replay was immediately announced for next sunday then later the teams were informed it would be in 2 weeks time. The fact that john murtagh isn't eligible to play until the second week after his american stint wouldn't have influenced the change in heart?

goh4205

Quote from: Uladh on August 20, 2007, 08:12:32 AM
I think you're right SJ, it was the sub keeper. surely if you were going to take a man on to hit that free it was cathal o'rourke?

McKee did a good job all day i thought. a few dubious decisions each way here and there but very good overall performance. It's difficult to explain that to the kiddies (especially the ones who've gotten their daddies to go to the trouble to set up a username for them). McKeown was a lucky boy to stay on the field as i counted 5 personal fouls in the first 15 minutes and aidan o'rourke could have walked for a high challenge on mckenna but swings and roundabouts.

Armagh don't have many refs of McKee's calibre and especially very few who can withstand the cross "influence", so its a pity he can't do the replay.

Interesting after the game yesterday that the replay was immediately announced for next sunday then later the teams were informed it would be in 2 weeks time. The fact that john murtagh isn't eligible to play until the second week after his american stint wouldn't have influenced the change in heart?

I take it thats me you are refering to uladh,  sorry to disappoint you,but daddy didn't set it up for me, I quite capable of doing that for myself.  I agree there was a few challenges by Mckeown, but Marty's antics are a joke, as I said in my prevoius post he's a good player and lets himself down a bag full with his clown act.  I totally disagree with you on McKee's day out.  as I said prevoius as a neutral from Louth he gave Dromintee alot more than cross, did aidan even get a ticking for his challenge, not that i seen.
I was speaking to a few lads in the crowd & apparently that was cross's first game in 8 weeks apart from challenge games which never have the same bite.  I think they will be more deadly the next day out and I'd be very surprised if they let a 7 point lead go again.
also heard last night that the game is fixed for next saturday, same venue

naka

was at the cruppen game and felt they let victory slip, they were 2 points up and missed a few scoreable chances, thought kelly had a good game as did young Loughran, would fancy them to put Tir na nog away next week.
interesting to note that cruppen were 3 down at half time and diesal smuggler slipped onto the sidelines for the second half to give some tactical advice :o ::) causing the second half comeback to the management, maybe he`ll be part of grimbo`s backroom staff
btw diesal smuggler where was morgan and bennett, also noted harold watching from the stand (whats wrong with him)

fan01

was at the cross-dromintee game, i think the ref was very fair to both team didn't let cross away with their usual antics.  pity he cannot referee the replay because he is the fairest armagh have got.

i hear cross was looking the game change to sunday week so that John Murtagh would be available to play. why was murtagh suspended?

full back

Didnt think the standard of football was that good last night, but the Dromintee comeback made it an exciting game.
Bar a few bad tackles, though the game was clean, suprisingly few hard hits in it.
Superb second half comeback by Dromintee with O Neill winning everything in the middle & Dyas picking up a lot of loose ball & driving through the Cross defence.
IMHO Mc Entee should have been moved to the middle a lot sooner as this is were Cross were losing the game.
Was suprised at Cross calling Hanratty ashore as he was out in front of Eddie Martin everytime & laying the ball off. Cross played down the same wing the whole 2nd half & didnt switch play at all - which is very unlike Cross.
Thought the referee gave the majority of 50/50 calls to Dromintee & the free at the end was dubious to say the least.
This result will have given Dromintee great heart & a bit of belief which they seemed to be lacking in previous encounters-but as in so many replays the favourites should prevail in the replay.
Is it fixed for next Saturday? Anyone know what time?

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

qub la la la

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 20, 2007, 08:38:34 AM
I'm sure we'll all agree that last night's game showed that JK was again right in his failure to start Kevin Dyas in the championship this year, I mean there's absolutely no football in the lad  ::)

are you having a laugh???

the lad is one of best prospects coming from the minor team that won ulster a few years back. remember he dragged the abbey to hogan cup glory aswell. catch a grip!

qub la la la

Quote from: naka on August 20, 2007, 10:08:28 AM
was at the cruppen game and felt they let victory slip, they were 2 points up and missed a few scoreable chances, thought kelly had a good game as did young Loughran, would fancy them to put Tir na nog away next week.
interesting to note that cruppen were 3 down at half time and diesal smuggler slipped onto the sidelines for the second half to give some tactical advice :o ::) causing the second half comeback to the management, maybe he`ll be part of grimbo`s backroom staff
btw diesal smuggler where was morgan and bennett, also noted harold watching from the stand (whats wrong with him)

morgan and bennett are away on holidays, as for harold, he cant train or even strip out for what is a huge match for the club as he has "glandular fever". Manys a man played with a lot worse than that to hold them back!

thought kelly was a bit loose especially when carville moved out the field. hes not really a man marker. still gave a solid performance though. a lot more expected from some other players for the next day out.

p.s. smuggler is some boy!!

lurganblue

Smokin Joe

Quote from: lurganblue on August 20, 2007, 03:12:06 PM
is sarcasm lost in armagh?

Never mind sarcasm, noticing emoticons are obviously missing in Armagh as well.

winsamsoon

Goh 4205, This is not the first time Jimmy mc kee has been slightly biased towards Dromintee :D :D. On the issue of o Rourke slabbering this is also well documented take a look back at the posts on muzzles. Uladh gets all defensive when jimmy mc kee is criticised for some reason. Then he tries to attack posters on a personal level because he hasn't the intelligene to argue with facts. The final point is that if Mc Kee did favour Cross in the game on sunday then you can be assured that he won't referee another cross game in the championship the year.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

goh4205

well I'm glad someone else thinks he was a p***k and not just me.  I could have picked holes in a load of other silly things that he done.  My concern is really for players, no matter were they come from or play for.  when they train so hard to go out and get the kind of harsh treatment from a individual who may have an other motives is pretty sad, then again it even happens in the professional game as well!!   Liverpool/Chelsea yesterday.
regarding uladh,  he must be an ogs man by his comments and his defensive mode for Jimmy. ::)  Maybe he was thinking if if I give cross f**k all and they loose, then surely the Ogs have a better chance of beating Dromintee more so than Cross, or is that been to cynical.

From what I hear from a few lads today, they would do anything to get rid of Cross, pretty sad if this is the case when the best team to come out of Armagh & Ulster for years and probably never to be repeated, it's a very sad reflection on gaelic football and on fellow gaels.

BenDover

Went up to the Ogs and Ballymacnab game, was just wondering how much was it in to the rest of the games at the weekend?

7pound into watch a club game when you'd pay the same to get in an watch Armagh in Clones! Who decides the entrance fee? Thank god for the student rate lol

Armagh Exile

£7 is a bit steep.
Hopefully the replays will be reduced to £5.