Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Although I hear he has a clause in his contract for relegation.
He will probably activate that & leave for free ;)

diesel-smuggler

mark and neil rooney transfers received clearance from the ulster council - dont see what the big deal is about a couple of lads who have moved to or have lived in the catchment area wanting to play for cruppen!

kieran mcgeeney had been in contact with us as he is moving to a house in camlough but we couldnt guarantee him a starting place on the team so he is sticking with na fianna!  ;) ;D ::)

Uladh

How is your previously most recent transfer, Davy Kelly, doing for ye Abu?

diesel-smuggler

you still have it wrong uladh!

david kelly is playing very well for us at centre half back! if you really want to know my identity p.j i will tell you! i have nothing to hide nor am i afraid to hide behind the username anonymity!

goldenyears

ur right uladh! it was poor stuff to watch from us.....but most of us were v impressed with cruppin.

centre half back was tasty last night, hard, full of running, and did a good job

Uladh

Am i right in assuming you mightn't have run after him that much?

goldenyears

smart fella uladh? i wasnt playing at 11, joe mcnally style full forward role now!!

Uladh

lol.

you've become more of a cerebral footballer these days than a water carrier anyway!

illdecide

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on July 18, 2007, 12:17:20 PM
you still have it wrong uladh!

david kelly is playing very well for us at centre half back! if you really want to know my identity p.j i will tell you! i have nothing to hide nor am i afraid to hide behind the username anonymity!

When David Kelly played for Clann Eireann he was a good athlete (fitness, speed and good in the air) but he had the nickname of "Forest Gump" where if you didn't close the gate at the top of the field you would not have seen him again. and he was prone to the odd hoofe 200ft in the air shots. But not a bad footballer if he had a brain, infact if he had a brain he'd be playing for Armagh.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Right Goats lets get it over with. Ballhegan beat the Clans by 3pts last night, some good points taken from both sides. some hard hitting but fair and as usual the clans couldn't score in T Fearon's house. but it was a good game and the ref let the game flow even when guys were fowled if they were still in possesion he let them carry on.

ard mhaca abu

QuoteHow is your previously most recent transfer, Davy Kelly, doing for ye Abu?

u still have it wrong uladh u dumb bag...

ard mhaca abu

QuoteBallhegan beat the Clans by 3pts last night

any other b results? cruppen beat drumintee by 4 points........good team performance by cruppen who trailed by 1 at half time...

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on July 19, 2007, 08:30:31 AM
Right Goats lets get it over with. Ballhegan beat the Clans by 3pts last night, some good points taken from both sides. some hard hitting but fair and as usual the clans couldn't score in T Fearon's house. but it was a good game and the ref let the game flow even when guys were fowled if they were still in possesion he let them carry on.

Yeah good game, think it came to life with a few of the heavier hits & scuffles...

You are correct there were some terrific scores from both sides. I thought when the Davitts went 7 points up it was over, but fair play to Clans they struck a wonderful goal to get back in touch! & set up an exciting finish. Think our goal kept a charmed existence for most of the 2nd half though, as there were at least 3 serious goal chances!

I haven't played against the Clans since minor level 7 Years ago...but I think 'Soupy' campbell was the only player I kinda knew! - What position where you?

brokencrossbar1

Quotesmart fella uladh? i wasnt playing at 11, joe mcnally style full forward role now!!

How things have changed GY?  Gone are those tortutous days running round Kilbroney after Coffey on gold Decemeber mornings!

While I may be big  I can thankfully say I am not in the Joe McNally mode yet.  Tell me have you followed Joe and also the family line and grown a Boycie tache? ;D

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 19, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 19, 2007, 08:30:31 AM

Yeah good game, think it came to life with a few of the heavier hits & scuffles...

You are correct there were some terrific scores from both sides. I thought when the Davitts went 7 points up it was over, but fair play to Clans they struck a wonderful goal to get back in touch! & set up an exciting finish. Think our goal kept a charmed existence for most of the 2nd half though, as there were at least 3 serious goal chances!

I haven't played against the Clans since minor level 7 Years ago...but I think 'Soupy' campbell was the only player I kinda knew! - What position where you?

Don't know what number i had on my back, came on for the last 10 mins at CHB to give Mr Mckeever a taste of his own medicine. Couldn't play the match i was weak as water dose of the skites for the last 3 days and hardly eaten anything. but when you call the shots you can play whoever you like.

We went for goal far to early, there was still about 15 mins to go and we should have been taking points. Missed some sitters