Connacht senior football championship 2017

Started by macdanger2, April 06, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Niall Murphy will not play in New York. Badly tore his hamstring last weekend. It's a huge blow to Sligo. Can't find NY v Sligo odds on Paddypower - anyone see them anywhere else?

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 07, 2017, 10:26:37 PM
That's the Herrins guaranteed a Semi spot so ;D

Quoted in case a little gremlin deletes his post later in the year..

Rossfan

Goos childeen.
In the week of your prediction of Dublin hockeying (your term) Kerry.
:-X would be more appropriate for you.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 13, 2017, 02:22:38 PM
Niall Murphy will not play in New York. Badly tore his hamstring last weekend. It's a huge blow to Sligo. Can't find NY v Sligo odds on Paddypower - anyone see them anywhere else?
Must be doing some OTT training to badly tear your hamstring?. New York 11/1 Sligo 1/33 with Boyle sports last time I checked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2017, 05:05:08 PM
NY 3 times more likely to win Connacht than Sligo????
Typed the Sligo odds the wrong way round,amended now. They are match odds as Sligo are 66/1 for Connacht while New York are 300/1

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 13, 2017, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 13, 2017, 02:22:38 PM
Must be doing some OTT training to badly tear your hamstring?. New York 11/1 Sligo 1/33 with Boyle sports last time I checked.

Wasn't chatting to him but he was in considerable pain on Sunday at our club game. I know relations of his that were intending on travelling are now not going. It's a massive blow to us.

Mano

McIntyre is doubtful too after pulling his hamstring in training last week. That 11/1 on New York is looking very tempting.

Syferus

Quote from: Mano on April 18, 2017, 11:53:13 AM
McIntyre is doubtful too after pulling his hamstring in training last week. That 11/1 on New York is looking very tempting.

Easily parted from your money more like.

Blowitupref

Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 18, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
Darren Freeman and Luke Loughlin who tormented the Roscommon defence last year are apparently no longer with New York and going by their recent scores in challenges of just 1-5 and 0-12 both are badly missed.

Sligos Vinny Cadden who was awarded MOTM last year is still the keeper for New York and this upcoming Connacht championship game is sure to bring mixed feelings for him
He wouldn't be alone in that, should be in goals for Sligo but then we have form for choosing mediocre keepers and persisting with them.

We'll probably get over the line but not comfortably.

magpie seanie

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 08:11:18 PM

Vinny won't have any mixed feelings.....he's a man on a mission I can assure you. It's a damn shame and sadly our club is losing out on his services for the second summer in a row (he'd play midfield for us) through no fault of our own. He's a good lad and hopefully Sligo will be under new management next year.

On Murf - it's a really bad tear. 6 to 8 weeks. Supposedly happened as he turned and was in the last minute of a session on the astro pitch in Bekan. He was in absolute agony from the descriptions I've heard. That news on McIntyre is really bad as he has been very good and improving all through the league. What are his chances of playing Mano?

I heard NY have played 3 challenge matches recently and the results haven't been great but I'm pretty sure the last time we went they only played (and lost to) Boston beforehand.

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 18, 2017, 09:22:19 PM

At least its only weeks and not months like Ger Cafferkey last year who apparently tore his hamstring off the bone. The training on the astro pitch is to get ready for the Bronx surface i presume.

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2017, 10:45:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 18, 2017, 09:22:19 PM

The guy who was updating me on it is close to the setup but he did say it was initially diagnosed as a grade 2 tear but is now supposedly a grade 4 (there's no such thing as a grade 4 tear as far as I know). I'd say the 6-8 week timeframe is accurate though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Grade 4 muscle tear is a complete sever of the muscle and fascia. Don't know how that could be misdiagnosed as a Grade 2
Hasta la victoria siempre

Mano

It will keep him out for 2/3 weeks so he would be doubtful enough