Previous topic - Next topic

belleaqua

GALWAY:

1. Dara O'Se
2. Sean Cavanagh
3. Paul Galvin

Need a midfield and half forward line.

Fuzzman

Would all of ye play big Sean at Midfield then?

I'd go for

Tyrone
Darragh O'Shea
Barry Owens
Stevie McDonnell

Can you imagine that FF line
S.O'Neill
Mugsy
Stevie McDonnell

With McGuigan, Dooher and maybe Cavlan supplying them with passes.

Jinxy

I don't think Sean Cavanagh is in the top 10 midfielders in the country. I'd play him wing forward. Any time he comes up against a fielder he is cleaned out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lurganblue

that half forward line would get dogs abuse fuzzman

armagh

a fit brian mcguigan but in is absence i'd pick C McDonald
D O'Se
C Gormley

Bensars

your entitled to your opinion Jinxy, however from the evidence of most on this thread so far, he is first or second selection.

PLease name me 10 midfielders  better ( in your opinion of course ). I expect to see the likes of d o shea etc.  but 10 is just ridiculous

ONeill

Quoteif we had unpure Kerry blood involved

I've something terrible to tell you about Star.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southderryman

Quote from: ONeill on May 03, 2007, 01:47:14 PM
Quoteif we had unpure Kerry blood involved

I've something terrible to tell you about Star.

aye, does big donaghy not have a bit of tyrone blood in him?

the colonel

3 hurlers for antrim (although more would be great!!!)

1. eoin kelly
2. henry shefflin
3. ronan curran

the difference between success and failure is energy

Jinxy

10 better midfielders coming up.

Dara, McGrane, Whelan, Clancy, O'Neill, Gallagher, Murphy, McGarritty, Ward, Quigley.

All of these are better at winning primary possession. I'm not saying they are better players, but they are better out and out midfieders. Cavanagh is a wing forward who stands centre-field for the kick outs. When Whelan was in the humour in 2005 he absolutely cleaned him out.

ildanach

For Mayo

Bellew
dara o'shea
Donaghy (because then he won't be playing against us!)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

realredhandfan

When Welan achieves half as much as Sean Cavanagh from midfield look us up,give us a ring and we'll join the Sinead O Connor priesthood as well..
You are mad sir!

Jinxy

Cavanagh is moved out of midfield from time to time. Think he ended up wing forward against Dublin in 2005. None of the rest of the players I mentioned are ever played anywhere but midfield.

nrico2006

Jinxy, catch yourself on.  I think on the evidence in this poll that people hold Cavanagh in the high esteem that he should be held in.  Cavanagh is one of the top 2 midfielders.  If your definition of a midfielder is 'fielder of ball', then you would maybe have a point.  But midfield involves alot more than simply catching a ball, and alot of these skills are what Cavanagh excels at - picking up break ball, great awareness and great running ability and endurance.  How many of these 10 'better midfielders' perform to cavanaghs level at the other attributes that make up a midfielder?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

David McKeown

For Armagh I would take

A fit McGuigan
McDonald
Darragh O' Se
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Will Hunting

For Derry:

Marc O'Sé
Paul Galvin
Padraig Joyce

Jinxy: Word of advice. Don't go round slagging off Tyrone players when Tyrone people are reading. Talk about precious!