Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

long sleves

Quote from: T Fearon on October 14, 2009, 09:15:53 AM
FFS Anyone who is fit and can walk could get on the North of Ireland team ::)

Do you not rate McGinn T Fearon? Paddy McCourt isn't starting tonight. He's fit sure.

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on October 14, 2009, 10:10:22 AM
Had the pleasure of talking to young Mc Ginn briefly at Belfast City Airport earlier this year. Explained to him that a lad he went to school with works with my wife and young Mc Ginn was genuinely interested in how he was getting on etc. Seemed like a thoroughly nice lad, no airs or graces etc.

Haven't seen much of him play, but from what I have seen I admire his pace and confidence and his willingness to grasp every oportunity that comes his way to make an impact. Given he was the Eircom league's young player of the year a few seasons ago and he has quickly progressed from the reserves into the first team at Celtic he must be talented and I certainly hope he has a long and successful career at Celtic Park.
So he's "a thoroughly nice lad" and you hope he has "a long and successful career", but only for one 'Irish' team which plays in green and white and not another one*.  :o

Thank goodness the lad himself is not so small-minded.

* - You know, the one which actually plays its home games in Ireland...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Olaf

Quote from: Evil Genius on October 14, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 14, 2009, 10:10:22 AM
Had the pleasure of talking to young Mc Ginn briefly at Belfast City Airport earlier this year. Explained to him that a lad he went to school with works with my wife and young Mc Ginn was genuinely interested in how he was getting on etc. Seemed like a thoroughly nice lad, no airs or graces etc.

Haven't seen much of him play, but from what I have seen I admire his pace and confidence and his willingness to grasp every oportunity that comes his way to make an impact. Given he was the Eircom league's young player of the year a few seasons ago and he has quickly progressed from the reserves into the first team at Celtic he must be talented and I certainly hope he has a long and successful career at Celtic Park.
So he's "a thoroughly nice lad" and you hope he has "a long and successful career", but only for one 'Irish' team which plays in green and white and not another one*.  :o

Thank goodness the lad himself is not so small-minded.

* - You know, the one which actually plays its home games in Ireland...

He had a great game.

Has impressed when given the opportunity with NI.

wallyman

Any tips going round today?

I missed the boat for the christmas tip!!

The Gs Man

Defeats for Glentoran, Linfield, Glenavon.....

That'd have been a tidy wee treble....

I smell a rat...
Keep 'er lit

stew

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 19, 2009, 05:35:29 PM

I smell a rat...

Was thinking the same myself wen i saw tat, the IL is always a bookies nightmare, i dunno why they even take bets on this league to be honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tonto

I smell a rat...
Wise up, Linfield and Glens chasing the title would not throw a game (incidentally, Newry only won because of a penalty) and Glenavon have had ZERO winds, two draws and 7 defeats now in their last nine games (2 points from 27 for the mathematically challenged amongst us) so can hardly afford to throw a game (let alone seven!) :D

wallyman

Quote from: Tonto on December 20, 2009, 01:06:21 PM

I smell a rat...
Wise up, Linfield and Glens chasing the title would not throw a game (incidentally, Newry only won because of a penalty) and Glenavon have had ZERO winds, two draws and 7 defeats now in their last nine games (2 points from 27 for the mathematically challenged amongst us) so can hardly afford to throw a game (let alone seven!) :D

Yeah, the league is whiter than white  ::)

Tonto

Quote from: wallyman on December 20, 2009, 01:08:07 PM

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

Don't just make things up, makes you out to be a bit of a shit-stirrer. ::)

wallyman

Quote from: Tonto on December 20, 2009, 01:11:46 PM

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

Surreeeeee, attack the man not the ball !

magickingdom

I smell a rat...

any suggestions for the linguistically challenged ;)

Tonto

Quote from: wallyman on December 20, 2009, 01:15:05 PM

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

I wasn't attacking the man.  I asked you who said the league was whiter than white.  I'm still waiting. ::)

stew

Quote from: Tonto on December 20, 2009, 01:19:59 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 20, 2009, 01:15:05 PM

I smell a rat...

Who said that?

I wasn't attacking the man.  I asked you who said the league was whiter than white.  I'm still waiting. ::)

This league is corrupt as feck, always has been, Armagh City I am afraid were involved in match fixing several years ago, they lost b 6 in te last game of the season if memory serves and bookies refused to pay out on that result.

Of course linfield have long been the darling of the IFA and the wee Glens have also been called into question on the suspicion of 'funny football' results as have several other teams, mix in the scandal in renting their premises out to known loyalist terrorists and you have a league that is sadly rotten to the core and a slanted governing body that excludes half the population base in the north based on their Religious persuasion.

Sad stuff indeed eh Tonto.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tonto

Stew, as I alluded to previously, I never said the league was "whiter than white" which seemed to be the implication in the post from 'wallyman'.

Secondly, I was responding to the suggestion that the league was fixed simply because Linfield and Glentoran lost games in the same weekend, well guess what... Liverpool and United AND Celtic all lost last weekend too... were they also in on this huge scam?  I mean, Linfield, Glentoran, Glenavon, Celtic, Man U and Liverpool, good bet, eh? :-\

And anyway, suggesting that last weekend was fixed to produce a Glenavon, Glentoran, Linfield treble has the fatal flaw that Linfield and Glentoran have lost almost a quarter of their league games this season and Glenavon almost half!!  On that form all three losing the same weekend was bound to happen (and I can't be bothered to look but probably already has this season...).

I just wish that sometimes people would be able to see past their own prejudices and make informed judgements rather than simply ranting.

dillinger

Of course linfield have long been the darling of the IFA and the wee Glens have also been called into question on the suspicion of 'funny football' results as have several other teams, mix in the scandal in renting their premises out to known loyalist terrorists and you have a league that is sadly rotten to the core and a slanted governing body that excludes half the population base in the north based on their Religious persuasion.

I think you are deranged, keep taking the tablets. Happy Christmas anyway!