Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solomon Kane

Quote from: T Fearon on October 20, 2007, 12:32:40 PM
How come Aiden Mc Geady can elect to play for Ireland when he was

1) Born in Scotland

ROI granny. Do try and keep up! :D

nifan

Tony, are you really not intelligent enough to understand the salient points of the argument, whether you agree with them or not?

Our Nail Loney

were not brazil were northern ireland! I love love brazil, but i also love northern ireland, what a dillemma il prob just piss mesel.

doofus

How can norn iron suppose to attract supporters from throughout the province whenever their fan site is blocked to view?  ???

SammyG

Quote from: doofus on October 21, 2007, 10:32:53 PM
How can norn iron suppose to attract supporters from throughout the province whenever their fan site is blocked to view?  ???

A few things

1) I presume you mean OWC when you talk about 'their (sic) fan site'. This is only one of dozens of sites and is owned and run by a private individual, so he can let in (or not) whoever he wants. The official IFA site http://www.irishfa.com/ is available to all.

2) OWC is not blocked all the time. It has a system where it allows people on depending on how busy the server is. If it's not busy then anybody can view, if it's a bit busier then only members can view and if it's very busy then only patrons (who've paid a fiver towards the running of the site) can view. The server has been upgraded several times in the last few years but still can't cope with the demand (over 6000 members and nearly half a million posts) so this system was introduced.

3) We already have supporters from all over the province and beyond. OWC is only a small percentage of the fan base.

Main Street

Wrist slap for Jeffries.

As suspected the storm in the teacup
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/7087796.stm

The IFA's Disciplinary Committee has ruled that there was "no basis of fact" in the allegations.

If I remember rightly, a bit of a ironic jibe  'Yer only a bunch of Fenians' directed at Linfield FC was turned into a sectarian taunt by Jeffries.
The whole incident goes beyond surreal,  would only makes sense in a place like Craggy Island.

magickingdom

Quote from: SammyG on October 22, 2007, 08:57:58 AM
Quote from: doofus on October 21, 2007, 10:32:53 PM

A few things

1) I presume you mean OWC when you talk about 'their (sic) fan site'. This is only one of dozens of sites and is owned and run by a private individual, so he can let in (or not) whoever he wants. The official IFA site http://www.irishfa.com/ is available to all.

2) OWC is not blocked all the time. It has a system where it allows people on depending on how busy the server is. If it's not busy then anybody can view, if it's a bit busier then only members can view and if it's very busy then only patrons (who've paid a fiver towards the running of the site) can view. The server has been upgraded several times in the last few years but still can't cope with the demand (over 6000 members and nearly half a million posts) so this system was introduced.

3) We already have supporters from all over the province and beyond. OWC is only a small percentage of the fan base.

bullshit and you know it. you can come on here anytime and argue your points but the same CANNOT be done on owc. save us the crap

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:02:02 PM
bullshit and you know it. you can come on here anytime and argue your points but the same CANNOT be done on owc. save us the crap
WTF are you on about? I can only come on here by registering, exactly the same as OWC.

magickingdom

Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:03:36 PM
WTF are you on about? I can only come on here by registering, exactly the same as OWC.

how long has the site been closed now? anyone can read any post here..

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:03:36 PM

how long has the site been closed now? anyone can read any post here..
The site isn't closed.

magickingdom

you know exactly what i mean, i cannot go over there and read the posts the way anyone can here..

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:11:46 PM
you know exactly what i mean, i cannot go over there and read the posts the way anyone can here..

You can if the sites quiet. Why should the people that are paying for the bandwidth be slowed down by a lurkers who aren't?

magickingdom

its amazing it got so busy after they got knocked out of the european championships..

deiseach

Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:17:04 PM
You can if the sites quiet. Why should the people that are paying for the bandwidth be slowed down by a lurkers who aren't?

Is that how it works? I can't ever get in. Not that I object, you're quite entitled to ration the bandwidth to those who actually stump up their fiver.

SammyG

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:57:22 PM
its amazing it got so busy after they got knocked out of the european championships..
We haven't been knocked out (yet!!!).