Who would want to be Laois manager?

Started by beano, June 24, 2015, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

south Laois

John Evans has said that he'll be back in inter county management soon. I wonder would he be an option with maybe Joe Higgins or Chris Conway.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: SCFC on August 18, 2015, 01:08:21 PM
I've heard there's 3 internal candidates. Leo Turley, Joe Higgins and Mick Lillis.
Out of those 3, I hope Joe gets it.

There's only one man for the job!

SCFC

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 19, 2015, 09:39:22 PM
Quote from: SCFC on August 18, 2015, 01:08:21 PM
I've heard there's 3 internal candidates. Leo Turley, Joe Higgins and Mick Lillis.
Out of those 3, I hope Joe gets it.

There's only one man for the job!

Feck off Leo.... sorry, Teo!!!

Teo Lurley

It has to be a man that knows Laois football, not someone high profile, someone who has experience getting the best out of what he has. Preferably someone who's played the game and knows the score. To get the best out our attacking options he should have played as an attacker. A skillful, stylish corner forward who was strong and powerful would be perfect.
Only one man for the job.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 20, 2015, 11:32:38 AM
It has to be a man that knows Laois football, not someone high profile, someone who has experience getting the best out of what he has. Preferably someone who's played the game and knows the score. To get the best out our attacking options he should have played as an attacker. A skillful, stylish corner forward who was strong and powerful would be perfect.

Chris Conway? ;)
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 20, 2015, 11:32:38 AM

Billy Sheehan?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

From the Terrace

Mick Lillis/Joe Higgins Combination or something to that effect id be happy with. Whoever gets it has a unenviable job in fairness. whats a successful management team going to achieve a leinster title? Were not alone being a mile behind dublin, don't think evans is the man he didnt get much out of roscommon. if going external kevin mcstay is as good option if available.

south Laois

I would love to see Kevin McStay get it but I doubt if it would be viable due to finances. Who ever takes over has a huge job on their hands. The underage set up has been a shambles since Sean Dempsey stopped looking after it.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Ha Ha, good one.. He's getting more valuable as the day goes by...

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

latest from the rumour mill. Joe Higgins.Leo Turley.mick Lillis & Eamonn Breen. what is certain is Mick Dempsey has been drafted onto the interview panel along with the CB chairman and treasurer. I wonder will he do a Chedder on it and take it himself

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

beano

I would love Leo Turley along with conway and Higgins as selectors Plus John Sugrue as physical trainer. To me that would be an impressive set up. I see Eamonn Breen in the running, Is he the Kerry wing back from 1997?

south Laois

Does anyone know when it's likely the new manager will be chosen and announced?